• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hypnagogic Voices

Min Bannister said:
I had a "voice" last night!

A mans voice saying "hello hello" into my ear which woke me up. Freaked me out to start with until I realised what it was. I lay there with my heart pounding for a bit as it definatly seemed to be outside my head and was definatly not my voice. It was quite deep and had an English accent. Scary, but kind of cool.:cool:
Are you sure this was just a hypnagogic voice? I have heard that US govt's technology is so advanced now, that if someone has surreptitiously planted something in your body they can hone onto your location and make you hear voices etc. and also can read your thoughts. I tend to believe this because what they say they can do is so far behind what they can really do. Most of the voices I 'hear' are definite messages of some sort or to wake me up to get me to breathe again. If I'd heard a man talking to me as if he was on a telephone.."Hello hello" I would be very suspicious. I'd tell him to bugger off. Or I would say hello back. lol. :D

I often hear voices. It's worse when I hear someone calling my name, usually just the once, and it's like being in a crowded room and some conversation suddenly mentioning your name. I think those ones are hypnagogic. As for the rest, who knows?

Sam

Voices or Visits

I posted a message and it got lost so I'll try and remember everything. This is slightly off topic. Recently we lost our dear old 16 year old red cocker spaniel. He'd been blind and deaf for a while but still enjoyed his life and his son who was 5 years old used to help him find his way around and in fact, Alby, his son would wake me up if Footy wanted to go out in the middle of the night. Then Alby would lead him out into the garden and then back inside when he'd finished. When he had a stroke and could no longer stand up and was frightened, we had him put to sleep. I was so upset at losing him but tried not to fuss. I prayed about it and asked God if he was ok. A day or two later, I was woken up by Footy bumping his big spaniel head under my hand which was hanging over the bed edge. He used to do that if he wanted a pat. I sat up and patted him and kissed him on the nose. I didnt think I was dreaming. I could even smell him. He looked well and all filled out and a bit younger looking. When I blinked, he disappeared. I wondered if I was dreaming but couldn't really believe that. It was too real. A week later, he walked past me as I was sitting here at the computer. I was wide awake. I turned round to see him but he was gone again. Then a couple of weeks ago, once again he woke me up and he was on my bed with Alby and Bloss the pup's mother. They all used to sleep on my bed but Footy hadn't been able to get up on it for some time before he died. I decided I was not going to blink this time and see what happened. I patted him and talked to him and he looked just as glad to see me. The other two just laid there dozing. It was light in the room as it was dawn. He stayed about 2 minutes then there was like a change of light in the room. It was like a shift in my consciousness as well. One minute there was this lovely soft golden light then it changed into a grey morning light, so down to earth......and he was gone. It wasn't a lucid dream it was a real spiritual visit. I feel so privileged to have experienced it. He loves us as much as we love him. Just wanted to share.

Jemma's story

If that happens again, you should wake the other dogs if you can, to see if they see him too.

Or would it upset them too much?

I wonder if other animals see ghosts (especially of deceased loved ones) and if so what they think of it...

Now we've gone way off topic. :)

Returning to the thread's topic - sort of...

Sorry to double-post, but I thought I should separate the two subjects.

Is there a relation between hypnogogic voices and words/sentences that pop into your head when you're wide awake?

For me, hypnogogic voices & sounds are very definitely located deep in my core. While I "hear" them, and they often wake me, they never seem external to me.

I had an odd experience once, though, that freaked me out, and I always chalked it up to a bipolar thing, but I was wondering if this sort of thing happens to others and if you think it's related to "hearing" things while drifting into/out of sleep.

Some friends and I are renovating a house. We had recently finished tiling the walls by the bathtub, and I was at the house alone one day using the shop vac to clean out the tub. You know how there are different modes of thinking - sometimes a whole idea hits you in a flash and you might have to unpack it in order to explain it to someone (or yourself), but other times you think more or less verbally, in sentences. Well, as I was cleaning out the tub, the "flash" thought was how it was kinda funny to be vaccuuming out a tub (in terms of normal housekeeping), and so I thought, in words, "I'm vaccuuming out a tub." That was the deliberate part. But the sentence didn't end - it continued (seamlessly), "with a dead body in it." The second half was just as deliberate as and in every way the same as the first half, if that makes sense, except I knew I originated the first half, and I had no idea where the second came from. Of course, I dropped what I was doing and left the house!

I've had other similar (but not so dramatic) experiences, and that's why I wonder if it's something like hypnogogic sounds/voices. Anyone have any ideas? Am I making sense at all?

Re:returning to the thread's topic..sort of

All my hypnagogic voices are usually from people I know. If I don't know them, the message is usually evil or scary. Then I know it is from the demonic side of life and I tell it to 'get lost'. If you're not a Christian you might experience this a lot. I used to and it was hell. These days most experiences are very pleasant ones or eye opening learning ones. Or guidance too.
I'm NOT bible bashing but when you're a Christian, the Holy Spirit inhabits us to teach, comfort and help us in so many ways. If you're not a Christian you can be inhabited by many of the other side. Even walk-in human spirits. But mostly demonic entities who can make you think that it is your thoughts. I had an attempted walk-in one night a couple of years ago and while it didn't really frighten me, it was a learning experience. I was asleep and the sense that a male spirit or soul was trying to get into my body from the right side woke me up. I struggled with him and finally won. I told him to "Get out in the Name of Jesus."
He left after that. Maybe he was trying to get back into life. I believe that some multiple personalities can be a part of this too but not all. My daughter had multiple personalities for a while after being raped at an early age in her life. She had some horrendous experiences that I didn't know about till she was about 26. She never told a soul but suffered so much fear. She became suicidal and had experiences of blacking out when another of "her personalities" would take over. One day she went shopping and when she got back to the car, she couldn't drive as the 5 year old one had taken over and didn't know how to drive. She's ok now. She's all the stronger for her experiences and the Lord has healed her. Now she helps others.
I did have an awful experience once of a sense of the angel of death over my house.. I had a very deep sense of impending death. Then when my daughter came up to my house crying, saying "Mum, God told me you were going to die." I rang my pastor and he came round and told me to pray against it. I did and it went after a time. Maybe an hour. My daughter was convinced it was God that had spoken to her but I am not sure about that. The dark one can imitate God's voice too.
You have to use discernment and don't believe every voice unless you test it out.
Also a quick reply to the previous poster about my dog's visit. Yes, I will wake the others if I can get over the shock and awe first and also when I saw Footy I didn't want to stop the visit by intruding on the wonder of it if you know what I mean. I floated around in a golden glow all day and still get that lovely feeling whenever I think about it. One day I must tell you about my "Pink Day" when I was 16.

Fortunatly for me, my voice was someone nice! It seems to be far more common for them to belong to someone you know. I guess if they are coming from your sleep frazzled brain then they would be. I would definatly be worried if it was a voice I DIDN'T recognise!

Jemma,
If you don't mind divulging, what denomination are you? I'm just being nosy. :D

I'm Episcopalian, raised in the Assemblies of God. The A/G wrote off all strange experiences like ghosts, etc., as being demonic trickery - because, of course, all deceased people are either in heaven or hell and can't get back. And animals don't have souls, they say, and so ghosts of animals aren't what they seem. (I'm happy to see that you're a Christian who doesn't think that narrowly, or you'd miss out on your beautiful experience!) As far as I know, the ECUSA has no position, as it's a credal church and allows for a lot of freedom of conscience. Beliefs on the supernatural vary widely. I had a priest who told of her experience of seeing the devil. Personally, I'm agnostic as to whether the devil, demons, or angels even exist. You can trace the evolution of the idea of such beings starting before the Hebrew Scriptures, through them, through deutero-canonical writings (such as the Book of Enoch) and into the Christian Testament. That the ideas/beliefs evolved, though, doesn't say much about whether or not the content is true. But this is off-topic for this thread, and I'll try to behave.

I've had the night experience you describe all too often, and, while waking, my good ol' A/G upbringing comes back and my impulse is to do as you do, except I can't speak. This is called Night Hag Syndrome, discussed at length on these boards. It's related to sleep paralysis. It is creepy! I tend to disagree with you, though, and think it's purely physical/"natural" in origin.

You remind me, though, of my early childhood experience with dreams. I was prone to nightmares - probably a combination of my bipolar disorder (which I'm convinced I had from infancy) and minor elements in my family (no one's fault). Anyway, one night I was having a scary dream, and all of a sudden in the dream I prayed that I would wake up - and I did! After that, for years, when I prayed before going to bed I didn't have nightmares, but when I didn't pray, I did. In addition, I had control over my dreams and could change them if they got uncomfortable, or just at whim! I remember two specific dreams like that, which were pretty funny. In both, I was showing off my abilities to siblings and my cousin. In one, I was flipping through dreams like you would TV channels, complete with static in between, and I remember flipping past a football game! (I was no sports fan.) In the other dream, I told my cousin I was going to switch dreams and come back, and wanted him to tell me if he was aware of time passing while I was gone. He agreed, but was also in the middle of playing, so when I came back, he said, "Oh, I wasn't paying attention!" :laughing:

I'm back off topic again, aren't I?

Re: Name Calling

Wow this thread has had a serious merge since I last saw it... I've not read all the new posts yet, but wanted to add this.

Me and my Mum hear our names being called all the time, we're always going up and down stairs to see if the other called. I get it more than she does, I swear she is calling me.

(edit: Just re-reading the thread - I've already posted the above in this thread! It was so long ago I forgot...)

Just five minutes ago I thought I could hear her talking to someone, and thought it was my brother come to visit, got all the way downstairs and was in the hall and could swear it was him, but got into the living room and she's just watching the telly. None of the voices on the telly sound like what I heard.

I was reading FT163 last night which has a brilliant article on hypnogogic hallucnations.
If you have this issue, read it again, and if not I could possibly scan it (if that's not against the rules).

I had a go at being "aware" of my hypnogogic happenings as I fell asleep last night, and again this morning when I woke up, I knew I could fall asleep again easily so I focused on the sounds and visions just as I was dropping off. It's not easy, it tends to wake you up again. Remembering what you saw/heard is very difficult, much like remembering dreams. I only clearly recall seeing a dog's back legs, like it was going under a table cloth or something.
I will keep trying to do it and remember what happens, then report it here.

Oh and a while back I had my first OOBE, I think. Here is what I wrote immediately afterwards.

I just had one of the weirdest experiences ever. I've been dozing since half ten, and when Mum knocked on the door a few times I picked my book up and pretended to be reading so she wouldn't think I was lazy. She went off to work a little while ago, it's her first day at a new part time job.
I fell asleep after she left and I think I had an OOBE, I recall feeling euphoric, I had a full-body pleasure feeling like you get from good drugs and I was lucid to the point of going "ooooh yeaaaaah" mentally, and thinking how cool this was. Then I must have drifted off somewhere because the next thing (I thought) I heard was the loo flushing, which scared me because there's nobody in the house. I thought Mum had come back because of something and I was worried that something had gone wrong, and also rather sillily felt the need to pretend I hadn't been asleep. But I couldn't wake up - I was completely paralysed and panicked so much trying to wake up I was trying to talk and it was coming out slow motion like stretched tape, and I had to use every inch of strength to move my arm towards my book. In the end I was trying to call Mum but my voice was still seeming to come out spazzy. Everything seemed stretched, I even visually experienced everything as though I was being pulled through the air fast, everything had motion blur on it. I thought I could hear Mum saying "were you asleep?" as I was nearly awake, and I thought maybe she'd come in and then left the room.
Finally managed to wake up and had to go check if the car was there, but it wasn't, nobody was ever home. How's that for hypnogogic jiggery pokery?

Experiences

Hi Zede, Well I got 'saved' at the AOG where I stayed for quite a few years but discovered that each pastor had different views on strange happenings depending on their own experiences. Also I found that God didn't stick to AOG rules. He changed my name (to Joanna), told me that animals do go to heaven and proved it in the Bible. Told me they have a spirit and soul. Actually use my dogs many times to teach me life lessons.
When my parents visited me several times, they visited my other two sisters too. It wasn't something we asked for. My dad told me on one occasion that they come to witness every major family event like marriages, births etc. I guess that's why it says we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. I've questioned God about that and He has given me proof in the Bible. It's different if you are not trying to "call up the dead". Neither I nor my sisters asked for their visits but they have come unbidden and been a total blessing with family guidance and confirmation etc. It has been a real healing thing. (My Dad died with unfinished business between us. I thought he hated me but he proved he didnt). My mum was the original Christian in the family and Dad was an unbeliever that wanted to believe. He found Jesus just 6 weeks before he died and it was amazing how it happened.
I think we tend to put God in a box that is very narrow. Unless we are open to asking Him the truth on many matters and wait for Him to show us, we are going to miss out on many wonderful things. If we dismiss some of the things we are shown as "demonic" or impossible without seeking and asking first, we are the poor ones. There is a reason for everything and He teaches us to discern what is real and what is wrong also. So we mustn't assume things. There are absolutes though. Not worshipping idols, not deliberately calling up the dead etc.
When my beloved Uncle died, I prayed and asked God if he was in Heaven. Because I had been trying to get him to see the truth in my letters (in a subtle way) hoping he would get the message. Well he did, because the following Sunday after my prayer, my daughter saw him sitting in the front row at church listening attentively to the sermon. He had his old familiar hat on. Men don't wear hats in the AOG in church. She turned to tell me and when she turned back, he was gone. I believe that God let her see him so she could let me know that Uncle was "In". Lol.
I don't go to any particular church now as I have to drive to the next town to go to a halfway decent one. But it hasn't stopped me worshipping God at home and also ministering to others on the internet and by phone. A whole new experience has opened up with a new focus on intercessory prayer and counselling. Miracles abound every day! Wunderbar! Cheers.

Re:Name Calling

Hi Pinklefish. yeah dreams are strange things. Some seem so real and sometimes I think we are out of our bodies. I've only ever found myself out accidentally and not very often. The first time I found myself floating around the kitchen table a few inches from the floor. (I was afraid of heights at the time). I could actually feel the grit on the floor. I thought to myself "I must sweep this in the morning." Several other experiences Ive had too and they've always been at night because it's dark in the experiences and you can see lights of house if you fly over them. Also there are spiritual barriers that are forbidden to cross. Once I found myself floating outside my bedroom window and decided to visit my ex husband and spy on him ...lol. Well I found myself speeding along to where he lived miles away. I could see the countryside beneath and I was going very fast. However when I got to his house, (never been there before at that time), I found I couldn't get any closer as there was this "Forbidden" barrier. I knew somehow that we aren't allowed to spy on people. But I pushed through it with great difficulty and found myself inside the house in almost complete darkness. I was in his bedroom and could only make out the two heads on the pillows. I went back into my body after that. My sister was out once too when we were teenages and she decided to come into my room to scare me. She couldn't get through my door because of the "forbidden" thing. She could get through her own door. So there ya are.
She was taken up to a place near Heaven once and showed a huge and beautiful building with the most exquisite books and art. It was a huge library with shelves going way up and people were floating in midair looking for particular books. She was shown an art book with magnificent living paintings that moved. At one stage she saw a beautiful painting of a white horse by a lake and its mane was rippling in the breeze and the lake water also. The people that were showing her said to her "You will paint that someday". The reason she had the experience was that she had been praying for inspiration, feeling that her imagination had dried up. We are an artistic family and she is still an art and ceramic teacher as I used to be.
Your difficulty in being able to move is normal. I think you just have to relax and you'll eventually get back in properly. If you try and 'waken' too quick you end up somehow not in properly and get strange vibrations through your body. I don't want to practice these OBE's really so any that happen are not my doing.
If you're not protected during one, then anything can happen. My sister was taken back from the library because the people said they had to go back. The reason was discovered that she had fallen asleep on her arm and it had gone completely numb.

We've gotten so far off of hypnogogic voices now, but thanks Jemma for your reply!

I posted on the "Why I'm a Fortean" thread that I'm influenced by my faith & my interest in theology. I know one of the stereotypes of religious folk is that they're closed-minded or think they have all the answers, but there are definitely those of us whose faith is all about a transcendent and immanent God, mysteries that are unfathomable - hardly surprising that we should keep an open mind about stuff that doesn't seem to "fit" in most conceptual schemes. :)

I was asked to fill out a survey today on faith and God and that sort of thing. One of the questions was "how many days a week do you think the average college student thinks about God?" How should I know? There are people who think about nothing else, people who never think about God and everything in between. I just circled 3. Not that this has anything to do with anything, I just found it ammusing and this thread reminded me of it. Sorry.

hearing your name whispered

I remember this very clearly: I was seven years old, a latchkey kid living in an apt. building. I was home alone after school, sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of the t.v. watching cartoons, with a couple of dollies in front of me. I was half-playing with the toys, half watching cartoons. Suddenly, right next to my ear, I heard my name whispered loudly and urgently. I bolted straight into the air and stood there, heart pounding. Of course, no one was anywhere near me, no one near the windows, etc..

I've heard the theory that this sort of thing is similar to seeing faces in clouds, i.e. it's your brain making recognizable patterns out of white noise. But this was SO loud and SO clear and so close to my ear. I don't remember there being any other strange goings-on in that particular apartment, and, thankfully, I never heard the urgent whisper again, there or anywhere else.

Anyway, my question is this: I seem to recall reading years later about a specific entity attached with this phenomena. I think it might have been German or Dutch or something, but my internet searches aren't turning anything up. Has anyone else heard of this? I know hearing your name whispered is a common feature in a lot of hauntings, but I am looking for a specific word/name for this particular phenomena.

My sister has experienced this at an old workplace - she has an unusual name, was the only person there, and it was very loud and clear (and she doesn't believe in anything such as ghosts).

I myself was living in an awful apartment once (a slum in every sense, but a very old building on a site that had been lived in since the 1200s), it was a bad place, with a bad vibe that I could sense. Anway, the day I left, I heard a man's voice, very loudly, in my ear shouting "please" - he sounded so pained, but there was no one there but me. *shudder*
:?

That's unusual, Keyser - the ghost didn't want you to leave!
Normally they try to frighten people away...

I always used to hear my parents calling my name from the other end of the house, which they denied doing (most of the time). Oddly enough, they would then complain that I didn't respond when they did. I put it down to mild schizophrenia or something like that, but it could be quite frustrating.

I've also occasionally heard things (voices, bumping, etc) seemingly coming from right behind me or in the same room when I've been alone. Some of them have mundane explanations, others I'm not sure about. They may well be just my brain playing tricks on me.

The most frustrating thing, and this has a very mundane explanation, is when people are talking in low voices just too far away from me to be able to hear them clearly, and I can distinctly make out my name, or something else that suggests they are talking about me. Usually this turns out not to be the case, but it doesn't help my paranoia any. (And that probably explains it, in any case.)

Keyser Soze said:
My sister has experienced this at an old workplace - she has an unusual name, was the only person there, and it was very loud and clear (and she doesn't believe in anything such as ghosts).

What's her name Keyser?

Curious Ident said:
Keyser Soze said:

What's her name Keyser?

Her name is Keyserina, of course. :lol:

I've posted elsewhere that I've had the "hello" in my ear while lying in bed (not at all sleepy at the time though, and certainly not sleepy afterwards!) Have also had a voice in my ear shushing me; I was wide awake and walking around at the time, and it distinctly sounded like someone warning me to be quiet, as opposed to random ear noise or something.

Just read that thread again, and noticed that one of my minor talents didn't get a mention. So here it comes now.

I sometimes 'get' names quite spontaneously.

Some years ago, I was laboriously explaining to a workmate how cold reading works. You know, I say something, it's wrong and you correct me, and I then use that bit of knowledge to fool you into thinking I know all about it.........
.....so I could say, your mother's mother's name was, ooooh, Muriel....

Waiting for him to contradict me so I could then say 'Yes, but Muriel was a woman who was like a mother to you - she was like a sister to your mother, ask when you get home' and so on, I turned to see him white and wide-eyed with shock, having dropped the fag he was trying to light. :lol:
Yes, she was Muriel, and yes she was dead.

I couldn't convince him that I wasn't psychic, in league with Satan etc. and had chosen 'Muriel' as I'd known a woman of that name who'd have been the right age.

Another time I was at the gym and began chatting to a nice young woman in the changing room, who told me that she was hoping to get fit to keep up with her fellwalking-mad new boyfriend.
This made me think of my brother-in-law, so I said, 'Is his name Darren?'
It was, but not the same Darren.

I swear that girl left so fast she forgot her knickers! :lol:

There are other instances too but not as funny.

Not to go all off-topic on my own post, but everyone's responses reminded me of a few other aural oddities that have happened to me.

When I was in high school, my best girlfriend and I used to drive to this place--it was the parking lot behind a factory that made cement tunnels (I guess for sewers and such). Beyond the parking lot was a train track, then a little bit of woods, then a small airport. We'd sit there and smoke maryjane and climb on the cement thingies and watch the planes flying low overhead.

Anyway, one night were sitting there and suddenly a voice starting talking to us. There wasn't another soul in sight, and we couldn't tell where the voice was coming from. It was male, and sounded like it was on a loudspeaker or bullhorn. It quite clearly said our first names, then told us to get back in our car and drive away--now. Needless to say, this is exactly what we did. Aftewards, we both agreed we'd heard the same thing--our first names, followed by instructions to leave. A friend hidden away somewhere with bullhorn playing a joke? Secret service agents watching us from the airport? Both seemed unlikely. We never found out.

A couple of years later, I was in Boston at college, and a new friend and I had just smoked some doobage :smokin: and were walking by the Boston Commons when a double-decker tour bus passed us on the street. We both swore we heard the tour guide say over the microphone: "..and on your left, we have (our first names), stoned out of their minds." :shock: We both looked up quick, but didn't recognize the tour guide as the bus drove passed. We told ourselves maybe it was someone who knew us, but we didn't know anyone who worked on a tour bus--and wouldn't they be risking their job saying such a thing? Another mystery never solved.

Had I been alone, I might have summed it up to a misinterpretation of words/sounds. But both times, my companion (two different companions) heard the exact same things. What's up with that?

In my old waitressing job, sometimes I would hear my name being called or whispered when no one had actually called for me. I think it was a combination of stress (it usually happened during or just after a rush of customers) and the fact that I had to keep an ear out for my name anyway. In any case, it was very annoying!

Edge of Sleep Voices

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but here goes.

Oft-times when I'm just dozing off to sleep, and I suppose it's right on the verge of dreaming, I will hear a voice, or voices. The other night, I heard a female voice whisper "hey" in my ear as I was about to drift off. It was clear as a bell. Other times, I've heard my mom's voice, and other familiar people in my life as well. One time I even did an experiment and kept waking myself up to write down the phrases and words I heard. A lot of it was silly nonsense, but some was interesting.

I find it interesting how our brains are wired to conjure up recognizable voices without those actual people needing to be around saying anything. I suppose it all works the same way as how we remember songs in our heads and play them back or whatnot. I wonder if these experiences, coupled with the night hag syndrome are what often lead people to believe they've been visited by some sort of paranormal being at night. Because if I personally didn't know that it was just my own brain creating this nonsense as I was drifting off, I'd probably swear I had ghosts or something in my house as well, as the "voices" are always remarkably audible.

I got that a lot when I was little. I'd hear a whooshing noise in one ear, then a slight 'pop' near my eardrum, and then some voice that sounded like it was maybe a foot to a yard away from the affected ear would say something. There were lots of different voices too, some would sound like they were above me (taller) and some would sound like they were right next to or below me (shorter). Some were of people I knew and some were strangers. They said all kinds of different things and expressed a range of emotions and ideas. Some were sinister, and these were the reason I kind of 'forced' myself not to hear them anymore by keeping my thoughts occupied all the time with trivial stuff.

I think these 'auditory hallucinations' or 'otherworldly voices' or whatever are pretty common, especially in childhood.

EDIT: since this thread has been merged, I'll point out that my voices were rarely hypnagogic or hypnopompic. They usually just came from out of the blue when I was feeling relaxed. Kids, eh?

I frequently get hypnagogic voices and images, they're a source of great entertainment when waiting to fall asleep. My most recent was a brief image of someone reaching up to put a book on a shelf and someone else saying in a scottish accent (very Sean Connery) "he said my soul is not on fire" it was weird but very cool, especially as it didn't feel like i was asleep at all, and i opened my eyes straight afterwards. Don't get them when i'm waking up though. Strange.
You only need to worry when you start believing what the voices say ;)

Ooo, I had another one last night. I was falling asleep and my mind was filled with the usual half-awake tangle of words (I seem to talk to myself in my head a lot) when I distinctly heard a male voice in my head growl "Shut up!" Actually, it was sort of slurred so it was more like "shurrup!" What's interesting is that I definitely felt it in my head (right, and to the back) rather than in my ear. It startled me into a momentary, shocked wakefulness, but a few minutes later I fell asleep again.

Should I have mentioned it to my shrink when I saw him this afternoon?

I often have episodes of "sleep paralysis", and "Psychic phenomena"? A combination of the two seemed to be as I lay resting in bed after waking up early (about 7.am) I clearly heard the voice of a male in my head, saying "Here come's Pete!" and then about two seconds later I heard the same male voice outside of my head saying "Alright Pete! Hows it going?!"
To which I heard presumably said Pete replying that he was "Alright, thanks mate! What you bin up to?"
My theory is that in my very relaxed state I somehow picked up on the first guys thought waves? As most of my other "Psychic" type experiences have always happened during a state of Daydream type relaxation. Examples are: Seeing a car crash at a junction seconds before it happened, seeing a guy throw a glass seconds before it happened, knowing a fire had happened behind some shops, then seeing the same shops on the news that night, knowing that a particular guy had died in a documentary, before reading the "In memory of" said guy at the end of the show, having an intense dream where I was with the shuttle crew, and feeling a sense of dread knowing that second was my last, and then switching on the news the next morning to see the awful report that it had crashed, and so on and so on... I would be interested to hear if others have had similar experiences? ...and as for the "cold reading" ..Yes, somehow both myself and my dad seem to have a bit of a gift for it? But don't have a clue how it works? it just does.

Back