• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Have Heard Something Unspoken

王泥喜法介

Devoted Cultist
This story happened around 10 years ago when I was a student in high school.

A few years ago, two friends told me that they had found something exciting. We three studied at the same school but I was in another class. I was so curious and asked them what it was. The two guys told me that they usually got up around 3 am in recent several weeks. After getting up, the two met together and started to drift in this city, as well as "flâneur". In their words, they could perceive something hidden in the daytime.

Frankly speaking, I was shocked by the two guys and I attempted to be in. But I am afraid that I could not get up so early and the two guys told me that I'd better not to close the window tonight to guarantee that I could hear their voice. At that time, I did not hold a cellphone.

Around 3 am, the two guys came to my apartment and called my name, and I went out to meet them. And then, we strolled on the road happily. Even today, I could recall that intriguing feeling. But what happened next was so horrible, and we discontinued this action after this. And the trigger was a short conversation between the two guys. To present it clearly, I quote them by my memory below:

A: Do you know the girl who just joined in our class this week?
B: Yes, of course. I knew her, and her name is HPY, right?
A: Exactly, I have heard something about her. Her father passed away several days ago, that is so terrible.
B: Oh, I see, it is terrible.

After hearing this conversation, I replied unconsciously "wow, that is terrible! This girl is so poor, she lost her father."

However, my voice faded, the two guys stared me in surprise and said "Boy, you sound strange. Who lost her father?"

I replied in surprise too:"Of course HPY, you two guys discussed this just now."

The two guys looked each other and said:"No, we never said such words definitely! Why you said that the girl lost her father, your words are so offensive!"

I felt something alarming but I convinced them :"If you two never talked about the girl, I could not know her name. As you say before, she was a new student in your class, so it seems impossible that I could know her name so quickly. Also, I heard her name HPY from your conversation, and this is the first time I heard about the name."

After my words, we three were silent for a while. The two guys stated firmly that they never talked about the girl while I continued to defend my statement. All of us felt something horrible and strange. Afterwards, we discontinued this outdoor action.

Last edited:
This is an interesting story @王泥喜法介

Do you have a theory as to what might have happened? Even if you do not know how this experience occurred?

Please can you clarify - was there really a girl called HPY in the same school class as your two friends? Or was this not the case?

I am going to presume that this girl with the name HPY was in the class of your two friends. Which is why they were surprised.

If you were awake so early (and your body was not normally adjusted to being out of bed at that time) could this have been a waking dream, and you thought of the name by chance?

Or maybe this was a telepathic experience which was made possible because your brain was in an unusual state of receptiveness during the very early dark morning hours?

This is an interesting story @王泥喜法介

Do you have a theory as to what might have happened? Even if you do not know how this experience occurred?

Please can you clarify - was there really a girl called HPY in the same school class as your two friends? Or was this not the case?

I am going to presume that this girl with the name HPY was in the class of your two friends. Which is why they were surprised.

If you were awake so early (and your body was not normally adjusted to being out of bed at that time) could this have been a waking dream, and you thought of the name by chance?

Or maybe this was a telepathic experience which was made possible because your brain was in an unusual state of receptiveness during the very early dark morning hours?

Firstly, the name of the girl who just joined in their class was HPY.
Secondly, I was completely awake that time.
In summary, I could find a reasonable explanation to convince myself now.

So... what was the exciting thing that they had found?
Or did they drag you out of your home to play a little trick on you? A bit of 'gaslighting', perhaps?

It seems remotely possible. If they wanted to play a little trick on me, they would probably choose something else, rather than naming a strange girl for me.

Back