• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Saw And Photographed The Loch Ness Monster In 2006

I have no idea what the image showed. Going by the the overall look though I think it was far too large for it to have been a swan. It did look vaguely as though it could show a swan with its neck outstretched, as for the body it was a solid block with no detail. But as I say too large really for any bird.

It was actually very good photo.

Of course you copied and saved the image or at least did a screenshot, didn't you?

That reminds me. I must dig out that US Civil War Pterodactyl picture that's been loitering somewhere around the house for the past few decades.

If you'd take the time to have a look around the forum we are always poking fun at each other otherwise the place would get dull pretty quick.

Quite. As the saying goes, when a man is tired of monsters, ghosts, aliens, ufos, secret societies, ancient technology, talking animals, psychic mind squids, time travel, teleportation, murderous cults, unexplained disappearances, raining fish, fake moon landings, doppelgangers, odd sex stuff, crying holy statues, a holographic universe, werewolves, vampires, robots, the signs of the forthcoming apocalypse, bigfoot, fairies, ancient civilizations, magic, rituals, new animals, strange hums, voices of the dead, weird religions, cannibalism, zombies, political assassinations... I mean, what else is there to talk about?

This place is so dull.

Bloody hell, I missed it again.

Justin, if you're still visiting, I think most people here have generally been quite sympathetic up to a point. There may have been some exceptions. The parallel thread is just a bit of gentle humour - we like a laugh now & again. You seemed to have gone & that was the end of any further developments.

It Happened To Me stories are some of the most interesting & intriguing on the forum. We love a first hand account but you've got to expect questions. We've previously had new posters claiming extraordinary things which they then don't back up. Some people do this sort of thing for 'entertainment' of sorts. It lasts so long, then the game's up, the new poster disappears in a puff of smoke & everyone has a jolly good laugh about it. Original poster included presumably.

You clearly witnessed something & not only that, got a photo as well which as others have said, seems too large for a bird. What is immensely frustrating & puzzling is the tactic of posting it then removing almost immediately. You seem to want it to be seen but not for long. What's that about? What good does it do you to keep this genuinely anomalous photo to yourself?

About the only motive I can see is that you may be able to sell it to some publication, & if you do, good luck to you. I & everyone else here would love to see it & don't care where it's posted.

Bloody hell, I missed it again.

Justin, if you're still visiting, I think most people here have generally been quite sympathetic up to a point. There may have been some exceptions. The parallel thread is just a bit of gentle humour - we like a laugh now & again. You seemed to have gone & that was the end of any further developments.

It Happened To Me stories are some of the most interesting & intriguing on the forum. We love a first hand account but you've got to expect questions. We've previously had new posters claiming extraordinary things which they then don't back up. Some people do this sort of thing for 'entertainment' of sorts. It lasts so long, then the game's up, the new poster disappears in a puff of smoke & everyone has a jolly good laugh about it. Original poster included presumably.

You clearly witnessed something & not only that, got a photo as well which as others have said, seems too large for a bird. What is immensely frustrating & puzzling is the tactic of posting it then removing almost immediately. You seem to want it to be seen but not for long. What's that about? What good does it do you to keep this genuinely anomalous photo to yourself?

About the only motive I can see is that you may be able to sell it to some publication, & if you do, good luck to you. I & everyone else here would love to see it & don't care where it's posted.
Oh, look, the fellow who decided to create a parody thread to mock me.

Don't speak to me again.

Oh, look, the fellow who decided to create a parody thread to mock me.

Don't speak to me again.

So if your not going to share the pic and your not going to add anything to your story or any one of the the thousands of other topics why are you still here?

I had already done that when I saw the poster's reaction to it. Just to clarify though, the FB link in question was to an anonymous one post page rather then someone's own home page through which you could identify them, otherwise I wouldn't have linked to it.

Yes, you're quite right -- we just don't want to encourage doxing etc. unless the person in question has an overt web presence already.

Last edited:
  • The loch is only 10000 years old. It was not a body of water until the end of the ice age.
  • Given how young the loch is, no new mega fauna could evolve fast enough to fill the job of Nessie.
  • This leaves existing fauna.
  • It is freshwater, ruling out exclusivly marine creatures.
  • Its waters are nutrient poor, meaning it has a poor food chain and a relatively sparse population of fish etc to support a breeding population of these large creatures.
I'm really interested in how you think this animal in your picture got there.

Justin, if your still here I would still be interested in how you think it got there and survives given the points I posted previously.

Justin, if your still here I would still be interested in how you think it got there and survives given the points I posted previously.
great points but this isnt a thread on the cryptozoology board, lets not forget lets not forget that its ihtm, is a poster expected to have a well-rounded theory in their back pocket to account for what they experienced ?

so why dont you upload the picture or we assume you are making up this story

1. No photograph is now likely to emerge for analysis, it seems.
2. The original poster is disinclined to discuss his experience further and is unhappy with the tone of several posters.
3. Some interesting more general discussion notwithstanding, the thread is no longer generating more light than heat.
4. There are other threads open for Loch Ness discussion.

In light of these factors, I am minded to lock the thread but will postpone doing so to allow submissions from those against the move.

penis.jpg

Look he's waving goodbye !
Singing " whale meat again don't know when. . . . Etc"

Very well - Thread Locked.

I shall return to transplant the more general Fortean discussion later.

Back