• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

If God Does Miracles, What Does Satan Do?

I'll confess to often wondering the the antichrist can turn wine into water.

Facebook reminded me recently that a couple years ago, we opened a bottle of nice Sainsbury's wine that we'd had for xmas in January. When Techy poured it, we thought, hmm, it's a little... pale.

It was water. The couple who'd given it to us had a teenage son, who seems to have helped himself and then carefully replaced the cork and foil. The little bastard.

I saw him once or twice in dreams. One I vividly recall showed him as a gorgeous Adonis-like prince lounging seductively amidst luxuriant splendour. He wanted me to do something I didn't want to do and I stood firm against temptation. Then he got mad. His skin turned bright pink and started to emit vapour. His countenance became enraged. At that point I was 'removed' from the encounter by agent or agents unseen, and was out of danger.

Haven't thought of that in years. Dreamt it during years of deep struggle in my early 20s.

One of the theories about dreams is that they are always about oneself. This seems valid to me and I apply it to my own dreams, should I feel a need to interpret them. Y'know, if one stays with me through the day and I feel like it's trying to tell me something.

If I'd had the above dream I'd say 'Righty-o, Subconscious, Old Bean, I'm right on this, got you!':D

But that's just me. ;)

Incidentally, we used to have dream interpretation threads. Everyone's puzzling dreams seemed perfectly straightforward to me, sometimes embarrassingly so. We all want the same things - love. security, health. Our subconscious tells us to be content with what we have and be better people. Simple really.

I remember reading something interesting years ago: the insult "Kiss my arse" was originally to do with either the devil having a second face for buttocks or to do with witches kissing his bum as a demonstration of loyalty and devotion .. on the first example, the article I read had a painting of the devil with his two faces that's different to the one in the link below .. perhaps the fact that we also describe devious people as 'two faced' also stems from this devil folklore ?

https://thefaceofthedevil.wordpress.com/tag/ass/

Our subconscious tells us to be content with what we have and be better people.
Yup, that's all it is. A dopamine festival favouring moral direction. When I take THC, there is a perceived shift in the everyday self-evident psychic order. I can accommodate so much more in terms of emotional responses to threat, earth and cosmic substance. Meaning itself comes to life and the sense of urgency in response to stimuli is heightened. Dreams about the devil are similar. There's a certain objectiveness to the experience that waking brings, but while inside the subconscious experience, there is very little remove. Subjectivity is the root of all evil.

I'm also wondering about the distinction between witches and saints. Why was St Francis of Assisi not considered demonic for talking to animals? Who decides which magic powers are saintly or witchy?

This reminds me, I recently read an article about a Satanic life drawing class. Whenever I read anything about Satanists they always seem a bit up themselves. I reckon Satan himself would be insufferably smug.
This reminds me, I recently read an article about a Satanic life drawing class. Whenever I read anything about Satanists they always seem a bit up themselves. I reckon Satan himself would be insufferably smug.
Have to agree..... Obviously being a metal head and proud of it, pretty much I am obliged to bat for his team seemingly.... And some of the tee shirts are wonderfully offensive when you are a youth.... A few years ago I toyed with the notion of joining the church of rational Satan as I thought the whole Wheatley notion of child sacrificing was ridiculous but ever since I started casting my net out a bit and especially having seen the names on Joan Coleman's RAINN list (sic) I thought Nahhhh, bollocks to that and never looked back.... And I went back to worshipping Henrik Larsson and Inspector Montalbano hahaha!!

Have to agree..... Obviously being a metal head and proud of it, pretty much I am obliged to bat for his team seemingly.... And some of the tee shirts are wonderfully offensive when you are a youth.... A few years ago I toyed with the notion of joining the church of rational Satan as I thought the whole Wheatley notion of child sacrificing was ridiculous but ever since I started casting my net out a bit and especially having seen the names on Joan Coleman's RAINN list (sic) I thought Nahhhh, bollocks to that and never looked back.... And I went back to worshipping Henrik Larsson and Inspector Montalbano hahaha!!
And Tom Waits.... Of course. And he hit the nail on the head when he opined
There ain't no devil, it God when he's drunk

Yea..... Not proud..... That definitely would have been a dick move.... And highly pretentious..... Unoriginal.... Schoolboy.... Glad that 15 minutes passed..... Much rather laugh at the leering Halloween metal depictions of Satan.... Unless you are morbid angel... And I like your first three albums but.... Come on boys.... Drop it.

Yea..... Not proud..... That definitely would have been a dick move.... And highly pretentious..... Unoriginal.... Schoolboy.... Glad that 15 minutes passed..... Much rather laugh at the leering Halloween metal depictions of Satan.... Unless you are morbid angel... And I like your first three albums but.... Come on boys.... Drop it.
Oooh.... That's what you get if you mess with the Horned One... (Talking of which does anyone else watching only connect call it the horny viper..?! Just me then... It's Victoria's fault... Grrr...)
Anyway, yes I was outside having a well deserved fag break and the evil one kept blowing out my lighter in the form of wind.... That will teach me....
It is amazing that you can type in any band as Are they satanic and every time some whack job will tell you they drink the dirty milk from the Devils flute... Even Rush. RUSH!!! I had no idea... All that charity work, hobbies about baseball, painting and riding motorcycles is just a cynical front....
But to quote Bill Hicks again, if Satan got a wife, he would rule the earth for seven days then be out front mowing the lawn...

Okay, here's a question: people sell their souls to the devil. What does the devil do with all the souls?

Okay, here's a question: people sell their souls to the devil. What does the devil do with all the souls?
Ask Dantè

2-dante-divine-comedy-granger.jpg

Kind of serious answer, they give him power, just as belief in God gives Him power. Once nobody believes in you, or your abilities, your power levels are seriously depleted, I'd say.

He flaunts the number of souls he's captured. The souls tally is a god's / demi-god's version of "likes."

According to the Devlin Waugh strip I'm reading, Hell has a Stock Market, a stock market of souls. The Lord of Lies is very good in the Stock Market.

Cue Swifty with a Clerks reference.
"I'm not even supposed to be here today!."

".. my ex girlfriend's catatonic after accidentally fucking a dead guy and my current girlfriend's sucked 37 dicks!."

"In a row?."

Which Montalbano- young or older?

Back