• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

If You Were A Ghost, Where Would You Haunt?

Adrian Veidt~ said:
So, I'm the only one who would haunt the womens changing rooms at the local Gym then? :D

Your not alone on that one. :yeay:

Could Haunt the seas to see what mysteries lie under sea too like undiscovered things.

Would we have conscious control of it (haunting) ?

Maybe we wouldn't.

The after death state may be very similar to sleeping and dreaming.

Quite often, when awake, we repress certain thoughts, longings, obsessions, fears, etc. And quite often, these take the opportunity to surface as (or in) dreams, while we're asleep.

It may be the same after we die. The 'glue' that keeps us together mentally when we're alive, may collapse after we die, allowing freedom to various aspects of ourselves, similar to the millions of tiny bubbles issuing from an opened bottle of champagne. Some bubbles may float to places we've known and loved in life; some may float to places we would have liked to have visited in life; some may float to places or people we were too timid or afraid to go near in life and other bubbles may simply float aimlessly. But lacking consciousness and cohesion, there may be no awareness within those bubbles.

In fact, it's very possible we unknowingly do quite a bit of haunting while we're alive.

that could go someway to explain vardogers and similar phenomenon. splendid theory :yeay:

Fun things to do when you're dead (not necessarily in Denver)L

1. Toilets - its a quiet room and people like to relax a bit before "going" which is just the right time for a scare. Lets be honest - the old wank seance is probably true.

2. Wearing futuristic clothing preferably at a ghost conference. Also consider going as something obviously sentient and bipedal but not human. Either on would set the cat amongst the pigeons.

3. Hanging around in the background at Most haunted Live with a sign saying: "Degsy is a fraud"

I'd Haunt pie shops and hope I'm solid enough to eat them. :yeay:

Mighty_Emperor said:
Lets be honest - the old wank seance is probably true.

In all honesty Emps i have no idea what you mean by 'wank seance'. :confused:

Mighty_Emperor said:

I must live a sheltered life ( :? ) as i've never heard of the thought.

Eww, it has conjured images... :? :?

Mighty_Emperor said:
theyithian said:
Mighty_Emperor said:

~sigh~

I was hoping everyone would sort of understand:

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wank+Seance

Its a concept (like The Melty Man) that is pos. not thought about unless it has crossed your mind already.

Would be funny if a ghost saw you do that. :lol:

Imagine the reaction! :lol:

Wouldn't be anything they hadn't seen before, of course.

And if ghosts retain the personalities they had in life, there would
be voyeur-ghosts just as there are voyeurs amongst us here. Guess
living voyeurs are looking forward to their future disembodied state -- all that voyeuristic peeping to look forward to -- without any danger of being found out.

But what would be funny would be if ghosts interrupted masterbators with running commentaries, such as; ' Oh, well done!', or ' Nearly there Giles' .... or ' No matter how many times you do this, you just don't get any better at it, do you? What's wrong with you ... put a bit of ooomph into it, for Pete's sake, or I'm not going to waste time watching you ever again. My cocker-spaniel's better at it than you ! Now get stuck into it ! '

But for wank-seance practitioners, celibacy would be virtually assured if their private fears were realised in the ghostly forms of dead grandparents, aunts, old-girlfriends-and-wives, siblings and ex-employers .... all hovering above the wank-seancer, smirking and wagging their fingers in disgust, or (probably worse) laughing their ghostly selves silly and clapping in unison to help the wank-seancer maintain rhythm !

Ghost might be amused if it keeps it's personalities and if they do, then they can also understand what someones saying and tells them there dead. ;)

To which, said ghost might reply: ' Maaaayte ... you're dreamin' '

MaxMolyneux said:
Mighty_Emperor said:
theyithian said:
Mighty_Emperor said:

~sigh~

Its a concept (like The Melty Man) that is pos. not thought about unless it has crossed your mind already.

Surely if your spirit guide is around you all the time then he/she/it will see everything you get up to!

painy2 said:
MaxMolyneux said:
Mighty_Emperor said:
theyithian said:
Mighty_Emperor said:

~sigh~

Surely if your spirit guide is around you all the time then he/she/it will see everything you get up to!

Wouldn't they give you privacy at times though?

Just that youcan;t see them makes you think your on your own sometimes. ;)

Well, don't know that we should take external 'spirit guides' quite so literally. There's a theory, and it has a bit of a 'right' feel to it, that we're our own spirit guides.

I used to chat online with a very entertaining, self-proclaimed schizophrenic, a few years ago. He announced one day that we are god's brain cells. An amazingly profound thing to say, I thought. And again, it had a 'right' feel to it.

If correct, it portrays a reassuring image of connectedness in all things. You may be the unknowing spirit guide to an African farmer, or budding ballerina.

And I see no reason animals should not be included in all this and people who are no longer alive, or even trees and rocks. Information, knowledge, experience, wisdom, exists in everything, everywhere. We're all part of the big Whole and who's to know we aren't constantly communicating; helping each other?

Those who subscribe to the theory of reincarnation might consider that our spirit guides are our previous selves?

As to concern about their watching us in our private moments, I believe their attitude would be similar to that of parents of small children. Ever watched babies playing in the bathtub or sandpit ? They investigate their own and each other's bodies with innocent enjoyment and curiosity. Parents keep an eye on their safety whilst thinking about and attending to other things, or whilst chatting between themselves. The children's behaviour is regarded as natural by the parents. And children do some inventive things to and with their orifices, such as inserting clothes-pegs and buttons and stones. Adults take it in their stride; are not scandalized or reproving. The task of adults is to ensure the overall wellbeing of children. They understand that bodies are enchanting objects to small children; they understand the tendency to do what feels good. I'm sure spirit guides regard us as we regard children.

Well if Gwen from torchwood objected to me haunting her bathroom i, would haunt wherever Scotland happened to be playing, and make sure they never lost a game ,or maybe a river bank with willow trees, otters and kingfishers , just sitting for a thousand years or so listening to the wind and bird song,thinking over my life.
Till somebody decided to run a motorway right along the river bank ,then i would have some fun thumping on police cars late at night...

titch said:
haunt wherever Scotland happened to be playing, and make sure they never lost a game ,..

You're coming back as a ghost....not a miracle worker ;)

I'm a traditionalist so I'd probably opt for an old boozer or a some kind of misty marshland area where I can properly excercise (pun intended).

I think first of all I'd go to all the same places I'd go if I suddenly acquired the power of invisibility... 8)

I would haunt the night bus, cos that situation is the best study into human behaviour ever lol

I would take great delight in haunting sceptics and taunting them with strange events that they would never be able prove to anyone else. 8)

I also think I would haunt my old school, as I was always quite disappointed that it wasn't haunted.

I was thinking about the fun i could have if i haunted a football stadium,then i had a revelation!Maybe what we think of as players taking a dive is really the other teams ghostly fans!Drogba i take the insults to your playing style back!

Back