• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Imps' climbing trees in Argentina

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Noticed in another thread in Ufology there was a mention of human like creatures climbing in trees.
So I thought this might be interesting. From Rense.com

Have South American
'Imps' Returned?
Mysterious Manifestations Of
'Imps' Return To Paraná

From Scott Corrales
The Journal of Hispanic Ufology
1-6-6

Diario Paraná
January 3, 2006

Residents of the Antartida Argentina district reported with emotional credibility the strange manifestation of "imps", which according to thier accounts, climb up and down trees and "hurl stones like while flower buds"

In the Paraná neighborhood known as Antartida Argentina, in the northwestern area of Paraná and close to the municipal dump, local residents reported to a Canal Once camera crew the appearance of "white imps" that began to appear on the afternon of Thursday, December 29, 2005.

According to their bemused testimony, "the neighborhood children would throw rocks at them and these would be returned with remarkable swiftness." The "imps" replied violently with a barrage of their own. They pummeled the children and some other locals with not very severe bumps and brusies. The phenomenon has been repeating itself every night from Thursday December 29 onward. "It starts around 8 and ends around 2 in the morning." It all began because [the locals] have a neighbohood Christmas tree that they put up every year. When they tried to take it down, the "dwarves" manifested themseves and expressed their disapproval. "When we turned off the lights they would get angry and toss stones. They would calm down when they were turned on again." At first, seeing that the strange "white imps" were living in the trees, they chopped down some of them but "the dwarves were enraged and began throwing stones. It was then we called the Police to do something."

More text on link...

http://www.rense.com/general69/havesouthamerican.htm

GiulioNapolitani said:
Monkeys with mange.

The word mange is overused. Mange is extrememly rare and yet people constantly claim "mange" everytime a new crypto story surfaces. Now I admit, it COULD be mange.... anythings possible but I am doubting the mange explanation.

Where do you get the idea that mange is 'extremely rare'?

Where did you get the idea there were monkeys in that part of Argentina?

(I once got almost attacked by a snake near Parana, but it wasn't very paranormal! Didn't see any suggestion of monkeys though)

Dwarfs, Argentine-Style

There have been some really interesting Argentinian "dwarf" stories over the past four or five years, many of which seem to be fairly well documented.

In one report a foot patrol police officer flashed his light down an alley during the wee hours and spotted what appeared to him to be a boy around eight years old. He decided to put some fear of the Lord into the kid for being out so late.

But when the cop reached the "boy" it turned out to be a tiny but very old and very evil-visaged man.

"Go....away" said the old man.

The cop did, running. He ran for blocks before he calmed down.

A few days later a radio car in the same neighborhood could not reach base. After the concerned officers raced back to the station, they discovered the radio dispatcher crouching under his own desk.

The old man had been by to pay a visit.

"He said he was here to take me to Hell!" screamed the officer. He was so terrified that he had to be confined in a psych ward.

A week or so afterwards our elderly friend approached two regular army sentries. He first knocked over the sentry box and then grabbed one of the two men and tossed him up into the branches of a tree.

The tossed man was so terrified by his experience that he also had to be hospitalized.

Many other adventures followed.

Along with the werewolf.

Strange Mange on the Range for a Change

I, too, think the "mange" explanation is becoming exceedingly threadbare.

By the time an animal has mange (in either of its two main forms) covering so much as one-third of its body it is severely off-feed. By the time it is half-covered it is not eating at all and can do nothing more than drink water (leading to severe bloating or even internal "drowning"), and by the time it is three-quarters covered it is DEAD.

Yet some recent cryptids dismissed by skeptics as "just mangey" this-or-thats have been stem-to-stern mange, so much so that their EARS have cracked off.

But they are STILL EATING NORMALLY! One of these "mangey" critters shot to death in Texas, which should have starved to death MONTHS before, had just the previous eveningt slaughtered and devoured 23 chickens!

It's also interesting that in none of these "it's just mange" cases I've come across has a single naturalist or zoologist bothered to TYPE the mange! In all the cases I'm aware of merely mouthing the words "I'm a naturalist and I say it's mange" has been accepted as a SCIENTIFIC TEST.

So either there's a really strange mange on the range for a change (which naturalists seem to have no interest in investigating) or the "mange" explanation is just, well, "mangey."

P. S. When precisely DID "mangey monkeys" learn to SPEAK? And can even chimpanzees toss grown men up into trees? (See my post above.)

Nevertheless, the behaviour of the 'imps' does seem rather monkey like. And considering that they seem to have been living in the trees over the entire Xmas period, why are there no photos of them? Where are the offical police reports describing the stone-throwing incident? Why no press interest? (If the police had a gunfight with 'imps' in my neck of woods, I'm sure the local rag would at least send a reporter down to interview the witnesses).

Taken at face value, the story simply doesn't add up.

That thing with the old man sounds damned scary.

Dwarf, Act Two

Around a year after the "old man" dwarf terrorized Argentine police officers and soldiers, as detailed in my post above, he returned to the same general environs.

Adults were again terrified and especially infants. Babies suddenly shrieking throughout the neighborhood announced the creature's evening appearances.

But oddly enough grade school-aged children were NOT afraid of the dwarf. They'd hit him with sticks and pummel him with stones and rocks until he'd take refuge in a crevice in the earth.

In this current incarnation (2005-2006) the "imp" seems to be throwing the stones back again.

Pish.

Don't like mange? Try alopaetia. Either way, these were hairless monkeys. Of course, I could be wrong, but you would need to show me evidence. These things were allegedly around for a while, but nobody thought to get a camera until they were gone, so...er... no cigar.

Likewise the alleged chupacabra, also claimed to be a coyote. We had photos which looked pretty weird, but no DNA test to show that it was anything other than a mangy dog.

GiulioNapolitani said:
"Pish."

"Don't like mange?"

I have no problems at all with mange. But I have GREAT problems with wholly atypical manges when zoologists and naturalists dismiss them as "just mange." You'd THINK that discovering a NEW type of mange would be a feather in one's scientific cap. Perhaps some laymen greet new diseases and new forms of old diseases with "pish" but it's difficult for many of us to understand when SCIENTISTS do that.

"Try alopaetia."

I know several people with that condition. They merely look HAIRLESS. They DON'T look HIDEOUS. They don't look SCARY. They don't look DISEASED. Individuals don't screan in horror and run away from them.

"Either way, these were hairless monkeys."

Fine. Do they HAVE monkeys in Argentina? DO THEY SPEAK? Even if they don't speak, how many police officers REPORT them speaking?

"Likewise the alleged chupacabra, also claimed to be a coyote. We had photos which looked pretty weird, but no DNA test to show that it was anything other than a mangy dog."

In the Texas cases, we were PROMISED DNA results, but has anybody actually SEEN them? Being PROMISED a DNA report and even PROMISING that that report WILL show "just a dog" WHEN carried out, is not exacty the same thing as actually PERFORMING the tests.

There was a bi-pedal werewolf/chupacabras/whatever sighting in Argentina around the same time as the original "dwarf" encounters. It was witnessed by 18 individuals in two separate locations. Hair and blood samples were obtained. The Argentinian government promised those tests "very soon." The skeptics crowed that they would publish those "doggy" reports all over the world.

Nearly five years later we're STILL waiting for those DNA results. If they HAD shown "regulation dog" wouldn't the skeptical organiozations have published them? That's what they SAID they were going to do!

The same thing's true of the reputed Nicaraguan Chupacabras from 2002 (I think that was the date.) The scientists who autopsied this creature said that the DNA results (to be issued "very soon," of course) would demonstrate that the animal was "plain Nicaraguan dog." Hey, we're STILL waiting for those results!

You'll discover that the great majority of Forteans reserve "pish" UNTIL AFTER THE RESULTS ARE ACTUALLY IN.

P. S. But in the meantime, Mama, I don't want no Nicaraguan dog.

Duendes Blancos

There's lots of articles on the "white imps" on the Argentinian news website of El Once Digital.

http://www.eloncedigital.com.ar

If you know Spanish, type "duendes" into the search window and about 6 or 7 articles will come up. After a quick glance, it seems to me that the mystery is treated as supernatural rather than cryptozoological or ufological, with talk of exorcism, and a priest blessing the area where the events happened.

If I get time, I'll post some translations, but don't hold your breath(!)

Ok, here's something I took off El Once Digital website (my own translation, so any mistakes are mine!)

It sounds like monkeys, but I can't believe that anyone would fail to recognise a monkey as a monkey:

Tuesday 3rd January 2006

Neighbourhood disturbed by strange apparitions of creatures

Mysterious manifestations of “goblins” return to Paraná

Locals from the neighbourhood of Antartida Argentina informed Canal Once with emotional credibility, the strange apparition of white “goblins”. According to their testimony, they rapidly descend and climb the trees and “throw stones like white buds”.

In the neighbourhood of Paraná called Antartida Argentina, in the northwest of Paraná, near the rubbish dump, locals testified before the cameras of Canal Once on the apparition of “white goblins” that began to appear in the evening of Thursday 29th December 2005. According to their surprised testimony, “the local children threw stones at them and they threw them back with notable speed”. The “goblins” responded violently and threw back the stones, hitting the children and some locals, who received bruises and minor injuries.

The phenomenon recurred every night from Thursday 29th December last year, “starting at about 8pm and stopping at about 2am”, stated the locals. It all began because they had a Christmas tree in the neighbourhood which they put up every year and when they tried to take it down, the “little dwarves” appeared and showed their unhappiness. “When we turned off the lights they got angry and threw stones, when we switched them back on they calmed down”, stated a local man.

In the beginning, when they saw that the strange “white goblins” lived in the trees, they cut some of them down but “the dwarves became angry and began to throw stones, so we called the police so they would do something about it”, said the man.

According to a local man, the phenomenon was witnessed by “800 or 900 people that gathered until two in the morning”, amongst them many children. When the police arrived, locals stated that Patrol 97, supposedly belonging to the 5th Commissary was assaulted by the strange beings. “They wanted to illuminate them with a spotlight and the light reflected back like in a mirror”, stated Ricardo.

The police began to shoot in the direction where the “goblins” were and they “began to throw stones at them, it was like a rain of stones and they only struck the police, not the locals or the children that were watching”, he asserted, “so many stones fell that they had to leave”.

The local children consulted by Canal Once said “they were small, white and they stuck their tongues out, they were like a person and the hands were small”, said a little girl who claimed to have seen them close up. “There were about seven, there was one on the roof and it jumped into the tree”, said the surprised girl, with a wide smile and without appearing afraid.

“We completely took it to pieces, to get them down from the trees, we surrounded them, some were close enough to grab them”, said the neighbour.
“It scared us a bit, because they had hit us with stones but they hit the police a lot”, he said. “The children provoked them, they threw a stone and the same stone was thrown back, they threw a brick and it was thrown back to them”, said the worried neighbour.

The aggressions of the “white goblins” against the locals weren’t considered although they confirmed that the children received, “bumps and bruises from the stones, they were scared and even the bravest ran away”.
“This isn’t bullshit, this is something real, nobody made it up, the children are scared and I tell them not to be because they could be little angels” said the local man and he continued “a lot of people are praying”.

“It seems that they want to play, because with so many stones there should have been blood but nobody was hurt”, emphasized the neighbour and he said that they cleared the whole area and cut down some nearby trees to try to find out exactly “what was hiding in the area”.
Another local boy told Canal Once that “we saw how they ran in the trees and how they threw back the stones that we threw at them”. He also told how the stones were thrown by the “goblins like white buds that fall from the trees and from there came the same stone that we threw”.
The smallest girl finally said “they were in the trees and they were mocking us”.

El Once Digital, Argentina

translation of:
http://www.eloncedigital.com.ar/general/nota.asp?id=28005

Here's another rough-and-ready translation from El Once Digital, more to follow:

Wednesday 4th January 2006

Neighbourhood disturbed by strange apparitions

More than 800 people claim to have seen the white goblins

In the neighbourhood of Antartida Argentina in Paraná, the disturbed locals claim to have seen apparitions of white goblins in some trees in the area and told Canal Once that the phenomenon was witnessed by “800 or 900 people”.

I witness declarations to Canal Once, Ricardo Abella, who lives in the street Islas Orcadas del Sur, said that the phenomenon has taken place every night since Thursday 29th December last year, “starting at about 8pm and stopping at about 2am”,stated the locals.
However, Canal Once’s camaras were present on Tuesday night to capture the presence of the goblins, about which the locals from the nearby neighbourhoods of Antartida Argentina and Balbi spoke with innumerable and solid accounts, but nothing happened and the goblins didn’t appear, although about 60 people gathered to witness the events.

Although the cameras couldn’t record such a phenomenon, the people didn’t stop relating their experiences. The events are enlarged by the great number of people that claim to have seen the white goblins in the area of the municipal rubbish dump of Paraná.
According to a local man, the phenomenon was witnessed by “800 or 900 people that gathered until two in the morning”, amongst them many children according to the local man. Locals stated that Patrol 97, belonging to the 5th Commissary was assaulted by the strange beings. “They wanted to illuminate them with a spotlight and the light reflected back like in a mirror”, stated Ricardo.
Other local children told Canal Once that “we saw how they ran in the trees and when they threw back the stones that we threw at them”. They also told how the stones thrown by the “goblins like white buds that fall from the trees and from there came the same stone that we threw”.

People of all ages emphatically stated that the phenomenon happened and don’t discard the possibility that they might continue appearing on the following nights.
“They were small, white and they stuck their tongues out, they were like a person and the hands were small”, said a girl who claimed to have seen them close up. “There were about seven, there was one on the roof and it jumped into the tree”, she said, as if relating a scene from a film seen the previous night.
Another woman from the Balbi neighbourhood, located nearby, told Canal Once, “with my children I saw the stones fall from the trees, and we saw it and so did the police that came in the patrols, they paid for it, because they threw a huge stone that came out of nowhere,”

To rationalise the phenomenon they said that they didn’t believe that it was people hidden in the tree because, “the willow branches are very narrow and with so many gunshots that (the police) shot, if they were people, they would have been hurt, because it was impressive how they fired. The police told my husband that it was very strange”, the woman related sharply.

It should be emphasized that at various opportunities we tried to get witness accounts from police officials but they refused to give a declaration that would shine light upon what has happened in the Antartida Argentina neighbourhood. Feature writers from Canal Once have repeatedly tried to speak to the commissary responsible for the Fifth Commissary which controls the jurisdiction but the attempts were fruitless and the chief has evaded dialogue with the media. We have been equally unable to localise one of the patrol cars that intervened in the case and that according to the locals was damaged by a stone thrown by the white goblins.
Actually, nobody denies that the phenomenon really happened. On the other hand, a growing group of locals claims to have witnessed it.

El Once Digital

translation of:
http://www.eloncedigital.com.ar/general/nota.asp?id=28088

Apparently the place has a history of such "apparitions":

Wednesday 4th January 2006

Evidence of the first apparition of goblins in Paraná

When she was 10 years old, Andrea Muñoz had a strange experience.: “I was with my mother when a little green thing appeared”, she related to Canal Once. The event happened more than 20 years ago and now these beings have returned to the provincial capital

After the statements by locals from the Antartida Argentina neighbourhood who say that they in the past few days they have seen mysterious apparitions of “white goblins” that threw back the stones that they threw at them, Canal Once collected the statement of Andrea Veronica Muñoz who saw the strange beings for the first time 20 years ago in La Floresta.

“I was about 10 years old when I saw them”, she began to tell us, “I was with my mother and a little thing appeared, it was almost 15cm [high] and was green.” She remembered that the faces “were ugly, they looked like little old men, they were very wrinkled and only had one eye that didn’t have the same form as a human eye”. And not just one appeared, but five.
At this time, the news has transcended local and provincial limits and the national media echoed the news of the apparitions and settled in the area for several days.
Andrea declared that “a rumour went around, the people gathered but they threw rocks at them and the goblins disappeared until now, they have returned but now they’re white”. Immediately afterwards she stated that “they don’t bother you, they appear and they speak” and she said “I believe that the people were afraid when they saw them and they want to see what they do but when I saw them they were completely harmless”.
Asked about what the specialists and media from the capital said, Andrea said: “I believe that they believed us because they even made us do an identikit”.
In this sense, the woman emphasised that not only she had seen the strange beings but many other people in the neighbourhood.
Even though many years have passed, Andrea said that “I never saw them again but everyone believes me” and she ended with “things like that are not forgotten”.

El Once Digital

http://www.eloncedigital.com.ar/general/nota.asp?id=28111

Another news report...

Hmmm...it's getting a bit lonely on this thread but I'll plod on regardless...

Thursday 5th January 2006

“It seems logical to me” that the police haven’t given a statement, Pereira conceded

Request that the area of the goblin apparitions be exorcised

In dialogue with Canal Once, a “mentalist” [psychic?] said that “the relation between the goblins and the children could be, really, very dangerous” and recommended that the Church exorcise the area where the apparitions of goblins were seen.

A specialist in “mentalism” gave some explanations about the goblin apparitions that locals from the Antartida Argentina district claim to have seen in the area close to the municipal rubbish dump of Paraná.

Ricardo Pereira, a local specialist in “mentalism”, told Canal Once that “the origin of the goblins is German[!] and normally they are confused and they are called by the following names in different religions: in the Umbanda religion they are called kiumba, the Jewish religion normally calls them egreo, and they are those entities and spirits that don’t know how to distinguish between good and evil. These goblins, they can take some energy so that the children especially can see them.

Pereira stressed in declarations to Canal Once that “they should be treated with extreme caution”. The majority of people that claim to have seen the white goblins in the district of Paraná are children and the adults said that the tree branches moved but they couldn’t see them [the goblins], with regard to this, Pereira said that “children are more perceptive than adults, because these, during the day, are preoccupied by economics, social problems and maintaining the family. On the other hand, the little ones are very open to play and to dialogue, because of this the children can see and not the adults.

With respect to the reasons for the manifestation of the phenomenon of the white goblins, the local “mentalist” floated the idea that “it could be that in the area where these goblins are appearing some type of religious ritual could be taking place, and they make offerings to attract the attention of these goblins, with the idea of using them to do good or to do evil, because the goblins absolutely cannot distinguish between good and bad, and they don’t distinguish between what is a good thing and what is a bad thing”, reiterated Pereira. With reference to this principal characteristic of the goblins, the “mentalist” specialist explained that “if the goblin sees that it is fun to strike a child or pull their hair, it will do it, because the goblin is playing, it’s having fun, because it doesn’t know how to distinguish what is evil”, he expressed.

Ricardo Pereira, the specialist in “mentalism”, said that “the relation between the goblins and children can be, in fact, very dangerous”, he stressed and pressed forward his argument; “we saying that they aren’t angels, they’re goblins. Even if the children can see them dressed up and in the form of a little clown, this doesn’t mean that it is good, it is evil and one should be very careful of how they act and what they do”, recommended the specialist.

Pereira linked the rites of the dark arts to the appearance of the phenomenon, “there are people that dedicate themselves to invoking this type of entity to do evil, in the same way that we resort to our faith to ask for the healing of the sick.
With relation to the origin of the phenomenon witnessed by locals from the Antartida Argentina neighbourhood, the “mentalist” explained that “someone opened a small portal, human beings are beings of the third dimension, because of this we need a great quantity of effects to be able to see them, the white goblins are from a second dimension and don’t distinguish between one dimension and another. Someone opened the portal and is letting them change dimensions and if it isn’t closed, it will continue happening”, stressed the specialist.

Upon the episode which took place with the police in which, according to the locals, the officers were hurt by thrown stones by the goblins from the rubbish dump after they opened fire on them, Pereira gave the opinion that “if the goblins receive violence they’re going to respond with violence, and it doesn’t matter how much the police attack them they’re not going to harm them because they’re from another dimension which is touching ours”.
With respect to the decision of the local police not to give an opinion or statement about the topic, the specialist expressed that “it appears logical to me that the police don’t use the qualities and knowledge of a specialist to resolve this type of phenomena, for that reason it seems right that they don’t give a statement because they should know what they’re getting involved in.”, justified Pereira.

To complete his dialogue with Canal Once, Pereira recommended that the Church be requested to confront the goblins and asked that they exorcise the area of the happenings. “I believe that the best thing that can be done is that a priest be called to the area where the happenings occurred, because that is the best way of closing these portals. Today, right now, I recommend that you go to the Church, no other place, because in the Cathedral we have priests that are very experienced in carrying out exorcisms”, he stressed finally.

El Once Digital

http://www.eloncedigital.com.ar/general/nota.asp?id=28163[/i]

Hmmm...it's getting a bit lonely on this thread but I'll plod on regardless...

Noooo, this is great stuff!! Thanks for the translations - I'm reading with rapt interest :)

Please continue to post if you find articles which might be of interest.

Here's another translation, I'll continue to post here until I run out of decent sources...

Thursday 5th January

Another look at the mysterious apparitions in Paraná

To parapsychologists, the goblins announce that “it’s because something magical happened”

The Parapsychologist Marta Martinez Ferreira told Canal Once that the beings seen in a neighbourhood of Paraná are integral forces of nature and, because they are white, they are pure, so that “we must respect them because they could be sending a message”

In order to have a different view of the mysterious presence of the “white goblins” in the Antartida Argentina neighbourhood, Canal Once spoke to the parapsychologist Marta Martinez Ferreira, who explained that “an apparition always becomes a hallucinatory image of an individual or a creature, in this case, living or otherwise”.
With relation to parapsychology, which studies everything related to paranormal phenomena, “if the goblins wear clear colours they are beings that bring us messages and teach us that we are in contact with cosmic beings and that they exist in nature, which is why the children see them”.
Afterwards, Martinez indicated that even if she had never seen a being with these characteristics, she believes “that they exist”. She also indicated that “they have child-like characteristics: purity, ingenuity, almost angelic and that energy that is more pure than in adults”, something to which she attributed the fact that the children are more likely to see these beings.
“This is always a great charge of positive energy, so that if they exist, they must be respected because they could be sending us a message of love for the people of Entre Rios or the people that live in that district; it could also be that something has happened and they came to show us or bring us that message”, she announced.
In the same way, the parapsychologist detailed that only “those forces or beings that have something to do with the darkness are dangerous”, and because the goblins that appear in Paraná are white she assured us that “they are completely pure”. In fact, “in some part of the world the pay them homage so that they will bring money, they leave them food in deserted places, although not through any cult or sect, they are paranormal phenomena.
Finally, Martinez defined that the white goblins are supernatural beings: “they are intrinsic forces of nature that are represented in these little men”. Upon the reason for their present appearance, she stated “they are giving a warning, helping or protecting the people or else something very magical is happening”

El Once Digital

http://www.eloncedigital.com.ar/general/nota.asp?id=28171

This is the last for now but I'll see if I can dig up anything else:

6th January 2006

A priest blessed the place where the locals say they have seen goblins

Locals from the Antartida Argentina district of Paraná requested the presence of the parish priest of the Our Lady of Guadalupe church with the aim of being spiritually aided in the area of the supposed apparition of goblins

Before this the father Eduardo went to homes, prayed various prayers, blessed the place and sprinkled holy water in the houses and trees where the strange figures were seen, with “the aim of calming the souls seen”.
The locals stated: “After the apparition of the goblins and the exposure in the media, we began to be afraid and because of this we asked for the parish priest”.
Once the subject was known “many people gathered, they called others and there were even “mentalists” and parapsychologists who gave their opinions”, stated one of the spokesmen of the group that swears to have seen seven goblins on December 30th, which, in the moment of greatest tension, used stones to attack personnel from the fifth commissary. The event in itself was not confirmed by the authorities of the commissary, but they did agree that something threw various stones at them from the darkness.
The local parish priest, who asked not to be named for “hierarchical” reasons, commented that “one must be very careful with what they are saying. One should take some comments with a pinch of salt, and without saying that they are lying, it is possible to arrive at the conclusion that there is an element of fantasy in all these rumours”.
“The subject of the goblins is not logical and cannot be rationally explained. I know that some people came to the church and requested spiritual assistance”, he said.
He clarified that “it is very strange that they say that they fly and pass by everywhere, which is why I would say that there is an element of fantasy in their beliefs.”.
On the other hand, he warned that “no one has asked for an exorcism, what’s more only the local bishop can authorise it with concrete evidence that the devil is present.”
“According to what they told us, nothing was seen here that was diabolical or had something to do with evil, he emphasized. With regard to the participation of children in the observations, he said that “many times they believe that they have seen something that isn’t sufficiently logical”.
In this way, he distinguished “helping the souls that find themselves in purgatory which should be helped through prayer, but from that to say that they turn into goblins is a huge leap”.
In the Antartida district the psychosis affected all the locals that “have now decided to prune the trees in the area to prevent the arrival of the goblins.”
Another local told the newspaper Uno that in the area around the ravine sometime “you can see some men and women dressed strangely, as if they practice some type of ritual, like the umbanda that summon spiritual presences to do good and evil”.

El Once Digital

http://www.eloncedigital.com.ar/general/nota.asp?id=28202

This account from a local newspaper (Diario Uno) gives a little more detail and might be the source for some of the previous stuff:

Locals from the Antártida district swear they have seen goblins

Strange. They say that there were seven and they were in various trees. Even the police claimed that someone threw stones from the trees, denting a patrol car.
Seeing is believing, that is the question and even if there is a general disbelief in these stories, it is notable that a large group of locals from the Antartida district of Paraná swear to have seen seven goblins on the night of December 30th. To expand upon the subject, the fifth commissary stated that although they could not corroborate the events, police personnel were assaulted from the trees, as was the patrol car 97 which was dented by thrown stones.
The spokesperson of the group of locals from the Orcadas del Sur street was Ricardo Abella who commented to UNO, together with a group of children, adolescents, men and women, that “after 30 years we again see these goblins”,
“This happened last Friday, when we put a Christmas tree up in the neighbourhood. We saw how they rapidly climbed and descended through the branches throwing rocks like white buds”. The man, a fisherman by trade and owner of a shop, was supported in his testimony by neighbours. Including a lady who said she was a policeman’s wife mentioned that she touched one of them for a few seconds when it pushed her.
They said that the strange creatures are white in colour.
“When the local children saw them, they began to run and throw stones, and from the trees the goblins quickly returned hostilities. The “goblins responded with violence and hurled back the stones, striking some children and locals who received bumps and bruises that weren’t serious”.
Another man said that the problem “recurred every night since Thursday 29th of December of last year. Once it gets dark these things come out and with a scream begin to jump between the trees”.
He didn’t dismiss that “the little dwarves are angry with the idea of switching off the Christmas tree lights. From that moment they began to throw stones and they stopped once the lights were switched on again.”
“Because we couldn’t believe what we were seeing, we cut the willow with a chainsaw and we cut up another to see what was left, but we didn’t find anything”, emphasised a local baker.
“The greatest problem happened last Friday. After they tried to cut some branches, the goblins got angry again and began to throw stones, so we called the police so they would do something about it”, said another woman from the Balbi district located a short distance from the area.
“At this stage in the events there were already about 900 people watching the strange happenings”, she stated.
The humble neighbourhood, of houses precariously built by the ravine, has a wide bottom that at the bottom of a slope concentrates on a small area of scrub.
There is constant smoke in the area and the basic services can be counted with your fingers. In the middle of this nothingness, the locals noted that “when the police arrived in patrol car 97 from the fifth commissary, they themselves were assaulted by the little dwarves”.
“The officers wanted to use a spotlight and the light reflected as if from a mirror and then a great shadow appeared”, related one of the teenagers, who said he had witnessed everything that had happened.
Seperating themselves from the group of people, the police fired a gunshot and the result was “a rain of stones in various directions. So many stones fell that everyone retreated”.
One of the children that was there said that the little dwarves “were small, white and they stuck their tongues out at you, they were like people and their hands were tiny”.
Her eldest brother said: “We provoked them – with stones – and the goblins threw them back”. The informant, when he saw that his tale had nothing more than his own testimony as proof, challenged: “Come in the night and you will almost certainly see the, this isn’t bullshit, this is something real, neither myself nor anyone else invented it, and the truth is that we have begun to fear the goblins”.
The conversation was interrupted by an elderly woman who said: “I don’t believe in these things, and even if I see something strange, I prefer to tell the children and the neighbours that they are little angels, so I tell them to pray a lot.”
Another local man said that 30 years ago in Ameghino street he had observed the same phenomenon, which was repeated 15 years later.
Finally, a teenager from a nearby house commented: “It seemed that they wanted to play, because otherwise, with so many stones that they threw, they World have hurt the locals.”

http://www.prensaescrita.com/diarios.php?codigo=&pagina=http://www.unoentrerios.com.ar

They have had every opportunity in the world to photograph or film the events. Where's the pictures or films?

From what I've read these are quite obviously young chubacabras with mange ;)

Devolution

When this Argentinian "Imp" was first encountered five or so years back it was described as fully human (although very short), was capable of normal speech (so testified two different police officer eye-witnesses on two different nights in two different locations), and obviously had some sense of purpose (even though that purpose seems to have been sheer nastiness).

But the "imp" now seems to have devolved into a mischievous but quite minor monkey-like "menace" incapable of activities more threatening or dangerous than bouncing and jumping around and tossing sticks and small stones [and probably fecal matter] at passers-by.

I've not seen that particular angle mentioned before and it may be worth discussing.

SimonBurchell: You should write that up for the mag. As I've said elsewhere we often miss out on the diversity of encounters because of language barriers.

OTR: Got any sources for those earlier "evil littlle man" reports?

What is interesting is that the whole rnage of entities encountered in South America is much wider than say in the US where the Gray seems to have evicted a lot of them - they have hairy dwarves, little green men, etc. as well as taller entities like the big-chinned men.

Regarding imps or dwarvesI have investigated several cases in the 80s. Mainly in the town of Villa Montoro, Pergamino and Coghland, Buenos Aires. There are also several similar episodes in the Northwestern regions of Argentina. Here they are called Little Green Men although sometimes their color is not that of the name. They have been reported to be black, hairy or dressed in colorful clothing. Their attitude is always one of causing mischief such as throwing stones, twigs and stealing objects.

Back