• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ogdred Weary

Drag(on) Queen
The new trailer has "dropped" as the young (and not very young anymore) people say, I am not really sure what I think other than it doesn't look terrible but there's major uncanny valley in the moment they momentarily show the de-aged Harrison Ford; and whilst genuine age Ford looks fine delivering dialogue, he really looks his age when he's using the whip.

Will it be better than "Crystal Skull"? Let's hope so, it's a low bar. The title ain't great but whatever.

We may as well have an all purpose Indiana thread as first three films are iconic and the series is riddled with Forteana or at least things of interest to Forteans.

Last edited:
Please could you remove the extra 'n' that is in the thread title?
'Indiana' rather than 'Indianna'?
Thanks.

Thought it looked wrong, cheers Mytho.

You watched the trailer?
Yep, it was OK. I'd watch it.
Ford is 80 now. If he made another one, it'd have a big question mark over it. It'd seem... inauthentic.

Oh yeah, 80 is fine to be Indy but 82 is just plain ridiculous!
Well, he's pushing his luck with this one, I don't know how much further he can go.
I think Ford is a crowd-pleaser. He has trouble with saying 'no'.

Well, he's pushing his luck with this one, I don't know how much further he can go.
I think Ford is a crowd-pleaser. He has trouble with saying 'no'.

Not really, he refused Indy for over decade until Crystal Skull, he's famously a curmudgeon and has been in films where he isn't even trying and looks depressed and angry to be there, like Ender's Game.

I don't know what made him return to milk his old franchises in old age, I doubt it's money; maybe trying to recapture something? I think he was too old in the last one and that was 14 years ago.

I want to like it, but the trailer gives us nothing on which to base a solid judgment about whether the film will be worthwhile.

Crystal Skull was crap. I was exceedingly excited to see it and bitterly disappointed when I had done so.

Fate of Atlantis should have been made.

Nice to look forward to. Presumably his 82-year-old stuntman/double has been replaced. And that was the very same John Rhys-Davies I think?

Not really, he refused Indy for over decade until Crystal Skull,

Crystal Skull was crap. I was exceedingly excited to see it and bitterly disappointed when I had done so.
Crystal Skull could have been far better, indeed if it was re-edited and slightly reordered with the superfluous stuff removed it'd be much improved (for once it's not a running time issue: all four are around the two hour mark). At its core it's a solid story.

As for why he's come back it has been suggested that neither he nor Spielberg wanted Crystal Skull to be the legacy. Apparently this chapter will give some proper closure, though I think personally Last Crusade already did that.

Crystal Skull could have been far better, indeed if it was re-edited and slightly reordered with the superfluous stuff removed it'd be much improved (for once it's not a running time issue: all four are around the two hour mark). At its core it's a solid story.

As for why he's come back it has been suggested that neither he nor Spielberg wanted Crystal Skull to be the legacy. Apparently this chapter will give some proper closure, though I think personally Last Crusade already did that.

You might be able to improve CS with editing but personally I think was was written and sot was poor or average enough that it would make little difference.

Nice to look forward to. Presumably his 82-year-old stuntman/double has been replaced. And that was the very same John Rhys-Davies I think?

Looks like he's eaten some bad dates.

You might be able to improve CS with editing but personally I think was was written and sot was poor or average enough that it would make little difference.
It needs streamlining. There's actually some good set-pieces in there, and Blanchett and Hurt esp are both great, but there's too much emphasis on both Winstone's character and far too much on Shia LaBeouf, obviously being touted for a tentative continuation series that happily didn't happen. With some of the subplots removed and the opening sequence ditched altogether it'd be a far more cogent movie.

...and far too much on Shia LaBeouf, obviously being touted for a tentative continuation series that happily didn't happen.
Yes, I'm glad about that too. I just find LaBeouf irritating and talentless.

"You may kiss me now, Helga."

4.jpg

Indiana Jones 5 - The Entire Story - All Leaked Footage & Info Pieced Together ~ FULL MOVIE​

This video's a mixture of confirmed spoilers and speculation ..

Don't tell me - Indy's on the hunt for the painting of The Fallen Madonna with the... you know.

Indiana Jones and the Hunt for the Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by Van Klomp is a better title than the two most recent instalments have been graced with.

Back