• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is an intellectual elite deliberately undermining society?

Although it is not as much of a problem now, Freemasonry only 15 years ago was still pulling some pretty heavy strings in the government, military and economic sectors.

Most barristers were freemasons.
Most lawyers were freemasons.
Most Judges were Freemasons.

Freemasonry permeated the entire Upper classes of Britain.

Exam markers were freemasons.
Head-teachers were freemasons.
Police and army were comprised of huge amounts of freemasons.

The Kings of England were all Freemasons.
In fact they were designated as Grand Master.

If they did not control the society then they certainly effected it
in a major way.

Government, Police, Army, Navy, Airforce, Law, Education, etc, etc

If you help run these things then you could be a candidate for being an elite force at work within the system. As for Intellectual........nah!

Intellectual would be to look after society not undermine it.
Undermining society does not require intellectualism, just power.

Hitler was a stupid man for doing what he did, no matter how clever he was. Undermining society is not clever or intellectual.

Amen to THAT

beakboo said:
I hope to god there is an intellectual elite trying to do something with all the slack jawed idiots I see around me.

LOL - Superb, love it. You're so right.

By the way, we're everywhere, but we don't know who we are.

Thanks Frater, you're a good man, and it does help to know I'm not alone.
EDIT (by Beak) Now I know I was drunk last night, but what the hell did I say to Frater that was so embarrassing Stu needed to remove it? :eek: I can never show my beak again!

following on from fumanchu

hmm, intellectual elite taking over the world.... Georgewbush, say no more.

Of course, intelectuals are more likely to succeed in certain situations, think sir humphrey in yes, minister - far more intelligent that the PM. Some people aquire power through admiration and respect by peers, some by threats, some by money. The first group are a minority, as far as I can see.

beakboo said:
Thanks Frater, you're a good man, and it does help to know I'm not alone.
EDIT (by Beak) Now I know I was drunk last night, but what the hell did I say to Frater that was so embarrassing Stu needed to remove it? :eek: I can never show my beak again!

Nothing you said Beaky: a little more fall out from the mikey thing I'm afraid: he quoted you, you quoted him, etc, so that whole chunk went. He did get a little more nasty in his replies toward the end.

Should have PMd you, sorry. Usually do if we have to edit/delete a post.

Stu.

Back