I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
- Jul 19, 2004
- Out of Bounds
This Indian teen tumbled out of bed during the night and embedded a sickle blade in his skull.
FULL STORY (With Multiple Photos): https://nypost.com/2022/03/18/sleeping-teen-gets-sickle-lodged-in-head-in-freak-accident/Sleeping teen gets sickle lodged in head in freak accident
An Indian teen is lucky to be alive after tumbling out of bed and falling headfirst onto a sickle — which became lodged gruesomely in his noggin.
The freak accident occurred Wednesday after Bhuppu Sen, 16, left the agricultural implement used for harvesting crops on the floor, Jam Press reported. The Deori resident subsequently forgot it was there as his bedroom light wasn’t working.
Disaster struck that night after the sleeping youngster rolled out of bed and onto the reaping tool’s curved blade, which embedded itself one and a half inches into his skull.
Despite the graphic nature of the wound, Bhuppu reportedly didn’t experience any bleeding. ...
Doctors managed to remove Bhuppu’s accidental piercing after a three-hour operation, and when last reported, the boy was resting after the traumatic ordeal. He claims he’s not in any pain. ...
Neurosurgeon Dr. Kuldeep Singh, who helmed the procedure, was stunned that the boy did not either perish or become paralyzed from the accident. ...