• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jill Dando's Murder: Barry George Accused, Convicted & Acquitted

...there is no credible evidence to suggest that George is even a viable suspect.

_44212678_george.jpg

Apart from his history of violence and sex offences against women, his employment at the BBC, his collection of Dando murder paperwork...

maximus otter

_44212678_george.jpg

Apart from his history of violence and sex offences against women, his employment at the BBC, his collection of Dando murder paperwork...

maximus otter

But there is no evidence to place him at the crime. Many murder anoraks also collect such details. Being employed at the BBC would put a lot of people under suspicion if that were to be a relevant factor.

Yes he is a weirdo and not a nice human being but past crimes are not evidence of him murdering Dando.

JC has a conviction for impersonating a police officer, a conviction for sexual assault, a conviction for attempted rape and lives in the same locality as the victim?

Who knew?

y6kmckw0cs311.png

Cherub.

That immediately makes him a suspect.

JC has a conviction for impersonating a police officer, a conviction for sexual assault, a conviction for attempted rape and lives in the same locality as the victim?

Who knew?

A suspect to be questioned but not a viable suspect to be referred to the CPS. Certainly not to be charged.

Even a jury of policemen wouldn't convict on that evidence.

But enough about JC.

Some people (not Myth) seem to be enraged that it is no longer possible to lock up weirdos for life on the basis of flimsy evidence.

The forensic evidence was thrown out because tens of thousands of Londoners would also have had such firearm discharge residue on their clothing.

The fact that the Court of Appeal didn't order a retrial and the CPS didn't seek one says it all about the quality of the evidence against George.

If anyone here has new evidence then they should bring it to the attention of the police.

A suspect to be questioned but not a viable suspect to be referred to the CPS. Certainly not to be charged.

viable
/ˈvʌɪəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: viable
  1. capable of working successfully; feasible.
    "the proposed investment was economically viable"
    synonyms:workable, feasible, practicable, practical, applicable, usable, manageable, operable, operational, possible, within the bounds/realms of possibility, within reach, within reason, likely, achievable, attainable, accomplishable, realizable, reasonable, sensible, realistic, logical, useful, of use, serviceable, suitable, expedient, effective, valid, tenable;

Even a jury of policemen wouldn't convict on that evidence.

What? This happened? More details please.

Some people (not Myth) seem to be enraged that it is no longer possible to lock up weirdos for life on the basis of flimsy evidence.

I've not suggested that.

Some people seem to be enraged because other people think BG is a career criminal and that he was eminently capable of such a crime.

The forensic evidence was thrown out because tens of thousands of Londoners would also have had such firearm discharge residue on their clothing.

Was it not also the case that the chain of custody was compromised?

The fact that the Court of Appeal didn't order a retrial and the CPS didn't seek one says it all about the quality of the evidence against George.

The second time, certainly.

If anyone here has new evidence then they should bring it to the attention of the police.

What point are you trying to make here? Has someone hinted they have evidence? Where?

viable
/ˈvʌɪəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: viable
  1. capable of working successfully; feasible.
    "the proposed investment was economically viable"
    synonyms:workable, feasible, practicable, practical, applicable, usable, manageable, operable, operational, possible, within the bounds/realms of possibility, within reach, within reason, likely, achievable, attainable, accomplishable, realizable, reasonable, sensible, realistic, logical, useful, of use, serviceable, suitable, expedient, effective, valid, tenable;

What? This happened? More details please.

I've not suggested that.

Some people seem to be enraged because other people think BG is a career criminal and that he was eminently capable of such a crime.

Was it not also the case that the chain of custody was compromised?

The second time, certainly.

What point are you trying to make here? Has someone hinted they have evidence? Where?

Jury of policemen was regarding JC, weak attempt at humour. I've tried to make it clearer.

I'd like to know what point you're trying to make here. You imply a lot again.

The second time the Appeals Court had the new evidence regarding the forensic evidence before it so hardly any reason for you to mention that it was the second time. Unless you were implying something again.

Yes the chain of custody does raise the possibility of the residue being planted.

I believe there is not sufficient evidence to retry BG, it's possible you think otherwise. Hard to tell from your posting style. But if you have any new evidence you should bring it to the police.

Last edited:
now now spade and archer, get a room, if you can put the mccann case to bed surely you can sleuth your way through this

I've said that I don't believe the McCanns deliberately caused the death of Madeline. Just that the CID should look at them as potential suspects, question them under caution. Bit of apples and oranges. McCanns haven't been imprisoned.

Don't you think it at all odd that the CID wouldn't question (under caution) the last people to see Madeline before she disappeared?
I still, all these years later, find this a strange case indeed, due to the behaviour of all the parties concerned (probably I admit tainted by the vast amount of publicity generated in the media).

Don't you think it at all odd that the CID wouldn't question (under caution) the last people to see Madeline before she disappeared?
why dont you put your money and lodge a complaint with professional standards ?

or ... start an online petition, im sure youd get good purchase with right minded parents up and down the country

why dont you put your money and lodge a complaint with professional standards ?

or ... start an online petition, im sure youd get good purchase with right minded parents up and down the country

Why don't you quit the smartaleckery and actually deal with the points I raise? Or at least keep your McCann fanclub to the relevant thread?

[Mod edit: continued snark snipped. Frideswide]
back on dando and not mccann, how can we ever know the set of all evidence gathered within this investigation, or indeed any case ? even investigators have difficulty keeping all that in place until at some point the most compelling items are assembled into a bundle and presented for assessment by the crown ...

Last edited by a moderator:
threadspace oh lordy ... but all that other stuff aside, and back on dando and not mccann, how can we ever know the set of all evidence gathered within this investigation, or indeed any case ? even investigators have difficulty keeping all that in place until at some point the most compelling items are assembled into a bundle and presented for assessment by the crown ...

Therein lies the problem henry. No legal system is ever going to be perfect is it? I sat through a number of trials in a professional capacity and post retirement in a case in which I was involved in gathering some of the evidence. What surprised me, in particular in the latter case, was how much of very relevant evidence was omitted during the trial, how some bald statements by witnesses on both sides (which I knew to be untrue) were simply accepted without challenge, and how important questions by the judge could not be answered by either the prosecution or defence barrister ( During recesses I had to provide the answers to the police to pass on to the barrister to pass on to the judge).
However fallible the system is in gathering evidence and producing the relevant parts in court, it seems the best we have. I wonder whether in the distant future these things will be decided by computer, without the bias of human intervention.

exactly, now take that first-hand professional capacity experience and replay it through the burden of evidence as provided by the internet to the general public ... it just crumbles to nothing

[Mod edit: continued snark snipped. Frideswide]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back