• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jungian Archetypal Communication Via Collective Unconscious?

pixelprince

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Several years ago my brother visited me. At that period in time he was suffering with depression and anxiety and was quite debilitated. I remember making him a cup of tea, and as I entered the the room to give him the tea I looked at him; I suddenly experienced a buzzing feeling in my head, then before my eyes my brother's head morphed into a skull. It lasted only a second then there was a 'pop' and his head returned to normal. He immediately spoke to me and said "do you know mick, I feel like death". At the time I was gobsmacked and never mentioned it to him until a few years later. I have since become convinced that for a moment we connected at a deeper level and the depth of his despair was communicated to me symbolically. However it may just have been 'one of those things'; but I don't think so.

How interesting. You already knew he was feeling terrible, it could have been your sympathy that bought this on, rather than what he was about to say. I like to think it was a premonition tho!
Your first post? Welcome :D

I have come to the conclusion over the years that there are such things as Jungian type collective consciousnes achetypes. Jung was of a mind that was what some or all of the UFO phenomena was all about.

Back