• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Kate Bush: Goddess Of Music

I can’t believe there’s a Kate thread here! I am a big fan, my album pick out of her catalogue is The Dreaming, closely followed by The Kick Inside. I just adore her early work.

Just in case you’ve missed this gem, which was originally released as the b-side to Running Up That Hill… Under The Ivy. I’m no doubt in the minority, but I much prefer this to Running Up That Hill… ok I’ll get mi coat…

I can’t believe there’s a Kate thread here! I am a big fan...

Kate-Bush-B4-Dawn-Max.png

;)

maximus "The Ninth Wave" otter

Just in case you’ve missed this gem, which was originally released as the b-side to Running Up That Hill… Under The Ivy. I’m no doubt in the minority, but I much prefer this to Running Up That Hill… ok I’ll get mi coat…

You have excellent taste, Mooka. I have always loved "Under the Ivy". One of the best things Kate has ever done. Gentle, haunting, deliciously brittle, but achingly brief, it feels "waffeur thin" but dense with understated emotion and atmosphere..... I could go on. I am amazed it is not more well-known. I went to see "Before the Dawn" with 3 other Kate fans and when we were chatting, we got around to naming our favourite tracks and when I nominated "UTI" (not a great acronym!) as probably my Number One, I got 3 blank looks. One guy said he had never heard of it. Trying to pick one favourite from Kate's body of work is pretty much impossible. I could nominate a dozen tracks without blinking an eye. But if pushed to just name one, I would go for "UTI". It's just beautiful.

.....aaaaaand breathe.

Under the Ivy is great, and a must listen, a touching moment of quiet yet forceful personality. This is one that was new to me until the excellent boxed set, yet it's a common listen now:

Also germane to this discussion, Kate had an extra cool gothic horror music video for Wuthering Heights that I only recently tripped over:

Back