• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Kids Today

Oh, the headlines we would be seeing had something gone wrong with this cunning plan! :eek:

Yeah, looking at the photo as they're hoisting her in, it looks like she could easily have fallen backwards into the kitchen and cracked her head open. What's wrong with just kicking the door in? I thought the police loved doing that? I know I would!

I love skaters :) I went out today to pick blackberries (again) ..

I walked past the new skate park, climbed over some barbed wire to get to the good blackberries and some cocky little prick gave me the joke "Oi .. my house is in there!"

I came back and he said (about twelve years old) "Oh .. you're back"

"You're clever aren't you? .. how did you notice that?"

"It's a natural gift"

He was one of those ones that rides the newish style scooters that they do a half stunt on and then twizzle the bar around for added effect ..

"Oh ... I remember those! .. we used to call them 'skate boards except we didn't use handles then"

"What have you got in your bag?"

"Blackberries .. do you want one?"

"No thanks"

"It's okay .. I'm not Jimmy Saville"

("humph snigger" from him with his teen gangster friends circling me)

"So what's in the bag?"

"I'm not sure to tell the truth, you're Mum's just given it to me because I've just finished fucking her .. it could be anything to tell the truth" ...

The 12 year old Mafia crew allowed me to leave the park because his friends scattered .. and there's not enough true skaters there .. and I'm too old to even be there anyway .. and there wasn't enough blackberries there.

Hopefully they told told a bobby about the rude weirdo in the park making paedo jokes to lil kids.

A 20 -year old man has finally gotten the last of his bar-mitzvah money - but he had to sue his mother to get it. Jordan Zeidman from Long Island in New York won a lawsuit against his mother on Tuesday, when the judge in Nassau County Small Claims Court ruled that a $5,000 gift from his grandmother, who he calls "Baba," was his and his mother had to pay up, the New York Post reported.

Zeidman told the court that his grandmother had told him she gave his mother the $5,000 gift to hold for him, the same as she had given to his brother and sister, but his mother - Baba's daughter - never turned over the money. He also introduced as evidence an IOU note from his mother stating she owed his college fund "$190 + $5,000 from Baba." His mother testified she didn't remember writing the note, but it could have been her handwriting, the Post reported.

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/1.673986

Temporary amnesia defence rarely impresses judges ...

Two five-year-old Russian boys used spades to dig their way out of their kindergarten and set off on a mission to buy a Jaguar sports car, Komsomolskaya Pravda daily reported Tuesday.

The two boys disappeared as their group took part in a supervised walk in the grounds of the kindergarten in the city of Magnitogorsk in the Urals region, the tabloid reported.

Chelyabinsk regional interior ministry confirmed the boys' escape from kindergarten to AFP.

"We don't have any details yet, we can only confirm the fact itself," a spokesman told AFP, adding that the incident took place several days ago.

After reaching freedom, the boys walked two kilometres to a car showroom selling luxury cars.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbe...unnel-out-of-nursery-to-buy-jaguar/ar-AAe4sNZ

Five years old?
I am stunned and heartened by this.
These boys will go far.
And such good taste in cars for ones so young.
Future captains of Russian industry there.

Girl, 11, delivers mother's baby before heading to school
Caitlin Burke hands Elsa-Monet to her mum, Tara Knightley, after unravelling the newborn’s umbilical cord
Hannah Ellis-Petersen and agency
Friday 27 November 2015 16.24 GMT

An 11-year-old became an impromptu midwife when she single-handedly delivered her mother’s new baby – before going to school as normal.

Caitlin Burke called the ambulance after her mother, Tara Knightley, went into labour minutes after Knightley’s partner had left the house at 5am on Tuesday.
The schoolgirl, from Tamworth, near Birmingham, was given advice over the phone on how to guide her mother through the birth. Her new sister, Elsa-Monet, was born at 7.17am.

Once Caitlin had delivered the baby, she unravelled the umbilical cord, which had wrapped around her sister, and handed Elsa-Monet to her mother. Unperturbed by the experience, the 11-year-old then headed off to school for the day. :)

Caitlin, the eldest of five children, said she had been “scared and shaky at first because I had never seen anything like that before in my life”. But she added: “When my sister was born, I was really happy. I think she’s really cute and I love her very much.”

She said seeing the birth of her younger sister had inspired her to want to become a midwife when she grows up. She said: “My friends at school and the teachers were really happy and proud of me.”

Knightley spoke of her pride at her daughter bravely stepping in for the delivery. She said that even though she had been screaming in pain throughout the labour, Caitlin had stayed calm.
She said: “Caitlin was just amazing. I find it difficult to put into words just what she has done for me. I started getting contractions so my partner left to take my youngest to his sister’s house. But within 10 minutes of him leaving, my waters broke.

“I knew that as soon as that happened it wouldn’t be long before the baby was born. I told Caitlin to call for an ambulance, and they were telling her what to do over the phone. I was screaming in pain but Caitlin was calm throughout.
“I don’t know what I would have done if Caitlin had not been there. I couldn’t do what Caitlin has done at my age, let alone at the age of 11. She has such a bond with her baby sister now. She can’t leave her alone and keeps saying how much she loves her.”

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...livers-mothers-baby-tara-knightley-elsa-monet

:clap:

Great story. Youth gets a bad rap thanks to the ubiquitous negativity of media reporting (and, yes, dumb behaviour). Apprentices always did get a hard time. I try to credit my daughters' resourcefulness whenever they demonstrate initiative. It seems to promote more of the same. Who'da thunk it.

When I was eleven, I only had a vague idea of where babies came from.

If my mother had started giving birth just before I left for school, I think I'd have been mentally scarred for life! :eek:

How it used to happen:

"Ooh, my waters! It's on its way, do something, child!"
" . . . rhubarb or gooseberry, you've got to say which, mum!"
"Here, take this placenta for your dinner and get to school, you waste of space! I'll chew the cord off myself!" :mad:

You told us what it's like being 15 in 2015

Nearly twice as many girls (19%) than boys (10%) were victims of cyberbullying last year.
That's according to the findings of a survey by the Health and Social Care Information Centre.
The What About YOUth? study looked at what 120,000 15-year-olds in England had to say about things like smoking, mental health, alcohol, diet and bullying.
We asked you to tell us about your experiences.

Bullying and body image are big issues for 15-year-olds, according to new study.

Lots of you got in touch with videos, photos and messages that told us about what your life is like as a 15-year-old in 2015. Here's what you said in videos, notes, essays and photos.

[Too many images, etc, to convey the 'gist' of this. You'll have to follow it for yourself. But to be honest, it doesn't sound too different from being 15 in 1960! (Apart from no internet back then!)]

"Sixty-two per cent said they'd drank before . . . "

I know 15-year-olds are not masters of the pluperfect but some of them, at least, must be better than the BBC! :eek:

The latest "viral craze" amongst kids (aka how to get a Darwin Award) is, allegedly : Setting fire to yourself.

A boy has been left severely scalded after he was dared to try a sick internet craze where youngsters are setting fire to themselves on purpose.

Oliver Sharp, 11, needed a skin graft after getting involved in the dangerous 'challenge' which involves timing how long it takes to put out the flames.

The schoolboy set fire to his t-shirt and had managed to put it out once but after trying it a second time he went up in flames.

Social media is being blamed for the craze, which is thought to have started in the States with fatal results.

Millions of young people have viewed videos of the dare on the internet.

They have used accelerants such as nail polish remover or hand sanitizer and ignited themselves, posting the footage online.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-aged-11-severely-burned-7015507

'Headaches', 'babies' and 'not strong enough to carry a sack' - children explain why Santa can't be a woman
The video is part of a social experiment to determine how conditioned children are to gender stereotypes
Alexandra Sims

Father Christmas - the key figure of the festive season and a symbol of happiness and generosity for children across the world.
But what if Saint Nick was without his long white beard? What if Santa were a woman? Would it matter at all?

As part of a social experiment to determine how conditioned children are to gender stereotypes, the creative agency, Anomaly London, asked children: “If Santa was a woman, could she do the job?”
In the 90 second video, directed by RSA’s Greg Fay, the answer from most of the children, unfortunately, is no.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One child said a female Santa wouldn’t be up to the job because “for one, she would get lost in the sky”.
Others cited child care as one of the reasons a "Ms Santa Claus" wouldn’t be viable: “If she had a baby she’d be like doing the presents, taking care of the baby, giving it milk…”

Some children said “Mrs Christmas’” could not do the job efficiently as Santa’s sack “would be too heavy for a lady” and “she would get a headache”.

Despite one boy saying “girls aren’t any different than boys”, the video concludes with another child saying a female Santa would be better at “cooking” than handing out presents.

The video raises concerns about the extent of socially conditioned gender stereotypes.
Alex Holder, Anomaly Partner and Co-Executive Creative Director said: “Even Christmas’s top job is taken by a man. We want to get people thinking about the lack of powerful female role models, and where better to start than the Head of Christmas?”

Stuart Smith, Anomaly Partner and Chief Strategy Officer said: "We tested the idea by asking my kids, and their answers were uncomfortably surprising.
“What started as a bit of elfish fun about one issue, surfaced another...who and what are shaping our children's gender perceptions?"

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...plain-why-santa-cant-be-a-woman-a6775786.html

I find it reassuring that kids are not sucked in by all this PC nonsense! :evil:

In the Book "Delusions of Gender" many of the prevailing 'differences' between men and women's abilities (e.g men are better at maths and science, women are more empathic) get blown away like straw in the wind. And that's only by page 50...

Last edited:
In the Book "Delusions of Gender" many of the prevailing 'differences' between men and women's abilities (e.g men are better at maths and science, women are more emphatic) get blown away like straw in the wind. And that's only by page 50...
For every expert, there's an equal and opposite expert! :twisted:

BTW, did you mean "women are more emphatic"?
(I've met some who are, but on the whole they're not!)

I wasn't aware there was a movement to make Santa Claus a woman. That said, there don't seem to be many females in the mythical paraphernalia around the festive season.

Just that what's 'er name on the Little Donkey. o_O

True, they don't have much Marianism in Asda or John Lewis . . .

Mater Claus would help restore the balance.

When she dances towards your table, you leave your letter on the edge of it and . . .

she makes all your presents in her tummy! :D

Last edited:
I suppose that's more religion than myth, but some would ask what the difference is.

A boy from Australia's remote far north spent six hours stuck in the first vending machine he had ever seen.

Leo, four, was on holiday with family in Melbourne when he spotted the candy machine in a hotel lobby.

Reports said the boy was attempting to reach a packed of biscuits when his arm became stuck in anti-theft mechanisms.

He was sedated and distracted with smartphones while emergency crews worked with angle grinders to cut open the machine

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35683788

Back