Latest Internet UFO Sightings

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
A strange object was recently observed and photographed hovering over Chicago and slowly drifting southeast.
UFO-Chicago-2110.jpg
UF-WOAH Mind-blowing footage shows shape-shifting UFO hovering over US city creeping out locals

UFO watchers are stumped after mind-blowing footage captured a strange black shape hovering in the skies over a city in Illinois.

Aiyana, who asked that her second name be withheld, recorded the clip from the roof of her home in Chicago and is at a loss to explain it. ...

In her video, a long black wishbone shape can be seen hanging in the air, with both its wings ending in some sort of sphere.

Aiyana said: "I literally have no idea what it was. There is nothing comparable.

"It was a ball of some sort with two long strings or belts hanging from it."

She added: "I felt total confusion and a bit creeped out." ...
FULL STORY (With Video): https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16340746/shape-shifting-ufo-hovering-illinois/

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
A strange object was recently observed and photographed hovering over Chicago and slowly drifting southeast.

FULL STORY (With Video): https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16340746/shape-shifting-ufo-hovering-illinois/
I cant see much shapeshifting going on in that video, and just to clarify this quote "A few viewers suggested it was some kind of balloon, but nobody could explain how such a thing could float so calmly above the famously "windy city". Chicago got its moniker from the fact it politicians and residents were famous for talking excessively.

"popular theory holds that it was coined in reference to Chicago’s bloviating residents and politicians, who were deemed to be “full of hot air.” Proponents of the “windbag” view usually cite an 1890 article by New York Sun newspaper editor Charles Dana."

https://www.history.com/.amp/news/why-is-chicago-called-the-windy-city

Reactions: Sid

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I cant see much shapeshifting going on in that video, and just to clarify this quote "A few viewers suggested it was some kind of balloon, but nobody could explain how such a thing could float so calmly above the famously "windy city". Chicago got its moniker from the fact it politicians and residents were famous for talking excessively.

"popular theory holds that it was coined in reference to Chicago’s bloviating residents and politicians, who were deemed to be “full of hot air.” Proponents of the “windbag” view usually cite an 1890 article by New York Sun newspaper editor Charles Dana."

https://www.history.com/.amp/news/why-is-chicago-called-the-windy-city
It is described as "a long black wishbone shape hanging in the air ~ "and, "as a ball with two long strings, or belts hanging from it."
Yet when viewing the video as is, it appears to be a rocket-like reflective cylinder, which is just the effect of the sun obliterating the center section detail on the floating object ("a wishbone shape?" I would definitely suggest is just an visual illusion!) with either a fixed, or lose tether hanging from below it.

Definitely not a shape-shifting object. Appears to be more 'balloon-like,' maybe it has become detached from some sort of fixed display, especially as it carries a diagonal spiral band around it's mid-top section?

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It looks like some sort of folded dipole aerial to me,

Junopsis

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Looks almost like an inflatable sail. Which is funny, since they're testing those out practically (not that they're meant to be able to float...)
The video they're crediting is
but the person's friend first seems to have posted it here on Reddit, with the person who posted it registering as ayawnitiger on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/psl3y0 No dice on the mentioned Instagram (there are several chicago Aiyanas and one's recently deleted her account).

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It is described as "a long black wishbone shape hanging in the air ~ "and, "as a ball with two long strings, or belts hanging from it."
Yet when viewing the video as is, it appears to be a rocket-like reflective cylinder, which is just the effect of the sun obliterating the center section detail on the floating object ("a wishbone shape?" I would definitely suggest is just an visual illusion!)
with either a fixed, or lose tether hanging from below it.

Definitely not a shape-shifting object. Appears to be more 'balloon-like,' maybe it has become detached from some sort of fixed display, especially as it carries a diagonal spiral band around it's mid-top section?
After more views of the video, I don't think the "tether" - as I quoted, is a tether. I now think I'm seeing a lighter offset smaller section of the object - but only the darker shadowy section makes it appear to be something like a tether from a distance i.e.
Screenshot 2021-10-18 125911.jpg