• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

The newest Navy UFO movies have resonated in the strangest of spaces. Now on my favorite economics blog:
https://marginalrevolution.com/marg...nts-to-take-ufo-sightings-more-seriously.html
Some of the individuals who were early to see and point out Covid-19 risk, such as tech entrepreneur Balaji Srinivasan, also have taken the UFO reports seriously, perhaps due to the same flexibility of mind.

And the article links to here:
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...utm_source=twitter&utm_content=view&utm_mediu
And this is a nice one in the comments:
Dan Lynch
May 1, 2020 at 6:04 pm Hide Replies 27

I was a young officer in the USAF in the 60s. My work was studying missile reentry physics. I had witnessed dozens of them. One afternoon I was walking between two buildings with a colleague when we saw a strange object in the New Mexico sky. It was flitting above the mountains to the East in formation going way over 10, 000 miles per hour. I was used to seeing missiles going that fast. But only in one direction. This went on for over a minute. Then it sped off over the horizon. My colleague and I were aghast. We looked at each other and swore ourselves to secrecy as we knew if we reported it our lives would be changed drastically.
So I believe something is out there but I’m not too worried.

And an interesting social hypothesis:
rayward
May 2, 2020 at 6:54 am Hide Replies 52

Sightings of aliens are like sightings of the Messiah: those doing the sightings have higher status. The opposite is also true: there is no status if hundreds, or thousands, had sightings. Sightings of the resurrected Messiah by His Disciples conferred status on the Disciples, but then along came the author of First Corinthians (that would be Paul) who claimed sightings by over 500. Why would Paul want to diminish the status of the Disciples? Because Paul wasn't a Disciple and nobody believed Paul when Paul claimed he saw the resurrected Messiah. When I was a child I had a sighting of a cross between an alien and the Messiah: Elvis. The sighting conferred status.

Last edited:
My favorite economics weblog keeps posting UFO information lately. I don't know why:
https://marginalrevolution.com/marg...marginalrevolution/feed+(Marginal+Revolution)

Alexander Wendt

That’s a very good question. Because you’re right, I think if they wanted to be completely secretive, they could. If they wanted to come out in the open, they could do that, too. My guess is that they have had a lot of experience with this in the past with civilizations at our stage. And they probably know that if they land on the White House lawn, there’ll be chaos and social breakdown. People will start shooting at them.

So I think what they’re doing is trying to get us used to the idea that they’re here with the hopes that we’ll figure it out ourselves, that we’ll go beyond the taboo and do the science. And then maybe we can absorb the knowledge that we’re not alone and our society won’t implode when we finally do have contact. That’s my theory, but who knows, right?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/5/8/21244090/pentagon-ufo-videos-navy-alexander-wendt

From the comments:

the mice that colonize a basement might realize only after a fair bit that there are other beings there

A long article about UFO's by Popular Mechanics. I admire the work, but it was long and not entirely clear.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi.../government-secret-ufo-program-investigation/

Inside the Pentagon's Secret UFO Program
By Tim McMillan
Feb 14, 2020
The government can’t keep its story straight about its involvement with UFO research. After a yearlong investigation, we bust open the files, break through the noise, and reveal the definitive, staggering truth.

This belongs to the previous post. From the comments there:
  • The best music to listen to when reading about UFOs - www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pRmy2NktRc
  • A better explanation is that this is the alien equivalent of cow-tipping.
  • Why are they in black and white in this day and age. - They were in color until a few years ago when the Navy started going through a retro phase after watching a bunch of old Woody Allen movies.
  • This person wouldn't know Occam’s razor if he cut himself shaving with it.

Last edited:
Thought this was pretty cool, and for once intelligently filmed, no mad panning and zooming. Apologies if its well known.

https://v.redd.it/oypi1ipimkz41
This video brings back my very first memory of a sighting of the same kind of blinking light/flashes/and zig-zagging phenomena back in the early 1950's.
I am stood at our back door (in Bromley, Kent) one evening - with my Dad telling me to come in the house, and I'm saying to him to "come and have a look at this," pointing up at a light high-up in the evening sky. My Dad saw it himself, then turned and told me to get in - like "right away" and rather firmly, as those sorts of things during that time was very taboo - never forgot it ever since, and on occasion over many years have had similar such unexpected, and unexplainable sightings!

Last edited:
I was searching for a different ufo clip in Brazil. Didn't find it yet but, I will. In the mean time I found this one from last week...

Found it. :D Do you think these are drones? ...

Yes. It looks like any of the numerous nighttime drones-in-formation displays we've been seeing for years. The main difference in this instance is that the display was filmed from an edge-on perspective that makes it difficult to make out the intended arrangement of lights. It appears to me to morph from an original starburst or snowflake-style formation to a circle.

Drones, and a very nice bit of programing, well done..:cool:

I also think these are drones. This would mean someone has filmed a drone display then posted it on YouTube pretending they are unidentified. Indeed the entire 'Brazilian UFO crash' event seems to have no basis whatsoever in truth. Such perfidy!

I also think these are drones. This would mean someone has filmed a drone display then posted it on YouTube pretending they are unidentified. Indeed the entire 'Brazilian UFO crash' event seems to have no basis whatsoever in truth. Such perfidy!
We'll be seeing a lot more stuff like that in the future. Just to muddy the water.

Since it supposedly occurred in the 1980s, but's only been reported today, not sure if this belongs in old or latest. cases

From The Courier; https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...GFuznwouEKigUCuqd1UK21Q15yfVhg6VULh0o6gWi1yro
NEWS / LOCAL / FIFE
‘Air battle between two UFOs was extra-terrestrial’, claims Australian Courier reader who witnessed incident
by Michael Alexander
June 1 2020, 8.00am
An Australian man has told The Courier how he witnessed what he can only describe as “an air battle between two UFOs” – which ended with one crashing to the ground.
Phil Tindale got in touch to explain how as 10-year-olds in the South Australian town of Aldgate just over 40 years ago, he and his twin brother Rob witnessed a “hostile chase between two highly advanced craft resulting in one of those craft crashing into a tree”.
The crash was reported by a third witness who was able to have a close look at the craft which resembled an “eight metre long yellow speed boat from it’s under side”.

However, by the time police arrived, the object had disappeared leaving only unexplained broken branches.
Phil contacted The Courier from Australia after reading our feature online this week about renowned Scottish UFO investigator and self-confessed UFO sceptic Malcolm Robinson who believes that aliens have almost certainly visited Tayside and Fife.

Like Malcolm, Phil has concluded 95% of UFO sightings are explainable by “natural identifiable solutions”.

However, he also takes the view that 5% fall into the unexplained category.
Four decades on from his own experience, Phil says he is “100%” convinced what he saw was extra-terrestrial, and not military.
“I had no real perspective on the UFO phenomenon, both in terms of scale or significance until the internet came about,” said Phil, who only recently began a process of sharing his information in order to move the conversation beyond the “believe it or not” debate.
“It wasn’t until I made contact with other witnesses and researched other peoples’ reports that I realised these visitations are significant and very relevant to us.

A drawing by Phil of what farmhand Daryl saw
“This realisation is what prompted me to begin talking about it.”
Phil explained how the incident unfolded at 9.30pm on Thursday February 7, 1980.
His brother Rob called out from his bedroom, and, looking down the valley to the south-east of Adelaide, the then boys saw a bright yellow object “bobbing around” just above the tree line, about 1km away.
After a few minutes, a second, slightly larger object appeared emitting a red light. In what he describes as almost cartoon-like motion, it “zoomed up” to the yellow object, stopped and reversed, then did it again “as if to prompt a reaction”.
The yellow object then “took off” with the red object in pursuit before zigzagging across the sky like two “blowflies”. They watched for around 15 minutes.

The same night, a local farmhand, 21-year-old Daryl Browne, reported seeing a “speedboat-shaped yellow thing” like a “half-moon” crash into some trees near the horse farm where he worked — in the exact area where the brothers last saw the object.
Phil added: “I have no doubt that we are being visited, both from my own experience and speaking with others. Many sightings do have earthly explanations.

“Unfortunately these reports often muddy the water and make it difficult for investigators to piece this puzzle together.
“I suppose that it is clear to me that this technology is well beyond our own capabilities. Even if sceptics are not satisfied, the experience demonstrated to me that something beyond our own intelligence is visiting Earth. The extra-terrestrial hypothesis seems a very likely fit.

Mufon's front page today is showing some interesting footage from New Mexico:

The video address is here (can't seem to embed it): https://www.mufon.com/uploads/b/25220163-130397963867101898/109242_840.mp4

They say:

Much of the media we receive daily is of such poor quality that it provides little to no usable information. However, this video is the exception. This witness demonstrates the proper technique to use when documenting a sighting. As you watch the video notice how it begins with plenty of foreground objects such as trees, houses, fences, telephone poles, etc. This provides a reference point for the distance and size of the object prior to zooming in. Also, note the smooth motion of the camera throughout including a finish that zooms back out to again include all the foreground references.

The result of this witness's diligence is the exceptional video above. The quality of the evidence coupled with the nature of the object is providing valuable information for our investigators to consider as they continue to investigate this interesting case.

Mufon's front page today is showing some interesting footage from New Mexico:

The video address is here (can't seem to embed it): https://www.mufon.com/uploads/b/25220163-130397963867101898/109242_840.mp4

They say:

Much of the media we receive daily is of such poor quality that it provides little to no usable information. However, this video is the exception. This witness demonstrates the proper technique to use when documenting a sighting. As you watch the video notice how it begins with plenty of foreground objects such as trees, houses, fences, telephone poles, etc. This provides a reference point for the distance and size of the object prior to zooming in. Also, note the smooth motion of the camera throughout including a finish that zooms back out to again include all the foreground references.

The result of this witness's diligence is the exceptional video above. The quality of the evidence coupled with the nature of the object is providing valuable information for our investigators to consider as they continue to investigate this interesting case.

They must have amazing eyesight to have seen it in the first place. :pop:

They must have amazing eyesight to have seen it in the first place
Well you would think so but I have tried filming stuff before that I can see quite clearly with my eyes, and yet on camera things are little more than a speck, even on extreme zoom, and that distorts the image somewhat anyway.
I expect that the human eye is much more sensitive and able than we think.
Do an experiment yourself - go stand on a hill somewhere on a clear day and pick an object in the far distance that you can identify reasonably well with your eyesight, then take some pics of it on 'regular' settings, then on 'extreme zoom' then do some video. I reckon you'll be surprised at how poor the pictures that you get are.

I've never seen anything that comes close to resembling this before...

It looks like two jet fighters performing aerobatics. The 'smoke' trail is just the exhaust from the planes, which are too small to see at this distance. I have noticed that even airliners produce a distinct smoke trail when you see them from aonther airplane; you can't really see the smoke from the ground, but it is quite noticable against the blue sky at altitude. Having said that the trails might just be ordinary contrails, or even coloured smoke used for displays.

We've had some Typhoons performing aerobatics over York recently - I think the fact that airline traffic is way down has allowed the RAF to increase their training schedules somewhat.

Plus passenger planes tend to stay out of the way of RAF jet fighters what with all their guns and missiles and stuff. lol.

It's the other way round - certain parts of the country (including North Yorkshire) are not traversed by airline routes, and that is where the flyboys and girls practice their flying.

The 'smoke' trail is just the exhaust from the planes, which are too small to see at this distance. I have noticed that even airliners produce a distinct smoke trail when you see them from aonther airplane; you can't really see the smoke from the ground, but it is quite noticable against the blue sky at altitude. Having said that the trails might just be ordinary contrails, or even coloured smoke used for displays.
I notice a bit of an odd occurrence 'eburacum,' looking at one of the 'contrails' shows that it has, and it continues to have a kink in the trail, not a distortion of the air. Could it be that the 'tails' are an integral part of the object itself, and not a contrail at all?

Contrails are complex things; they include converging and counter-rotating vortices, Kelvin-Helmholtz waves, lobes and fallstreaks. I'm afraid I only understand about half of these phenomena in any detail, but I think these effects can sometimes create 'kinks' that seem to follow the aircraft at a fixed distance.

Much the same way that bow of a wake maintains generally consistent shape moving along with the boat, any kink in the contrail's tail will maintain shape and move along with the flying object.

Reactions: Sid
That's the same clip as shown in post #941. I don't know how that one was done. It may be a drone, or just an amateur CG hoax.

Back