• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

LionManImaginaryFriend

Nice one @Peripart

LionMan, it really is ok to talk :) lots of us have had experiences which may be useful and or interesting to you :)

I remember a fantastically scary tale from ihtm about a girl whose friend that had an 'imaginary' lion who talked to her.

One night she stayed over at her friends for a sleepover and she woke to hear the lion talking to her friend in a deep growling voice :eek:

I remember a fantastically scary tale from ihtm about a girl whose friend that had an 'imaginary' lion who talked to her.

One night she stayed over at her friends for a sleepover and she woke to hear the lion talking to her friend in a deep growling voice :eek:

Wasn't there an "imaginary" kangaroo monster who did that too? Yes, it's vague scary memory time!

I can only quote two literary Lion-friend stories for you, LionMan.
In the first, the lion is affirmed as a local power even where he does not exist physically.
In the second, a child was able to see the powerful lion as he exists outside of physical reality.

1) From the Robert Moss dream blog, citing Shamans and Elders: Experience, Knowledge and Power among the Daur Mongols by Caroline Humphrey with Urgunge Onon : 'Urgunge says, “Wild animals of the forest have two kings [khan], the tiger [tasaga] and the lion [arsalang].
“Lion?” The anthropologist is amazed. “But you don’t have lions in Manchuria.”
“They will be thinking of …er..what is it in English? Leopard. Leopard is just like lion, is that right?”
“But you don’t have leopards either.”
“No, that is true. So the conclusion is: in reality the khan of animals is the tiger; in imagination the khan is also the lion, even if we do not have lions in Mongolia.'

2) And from "Dwellings: A Spiritual history of the living world" by Linda Hogan: 'When I was a girl traveling with my family, we stopped to rest at the Continental Divide [in North America] . . . I walked away from my family and wandered about the land. Looking up, I saw a cave . . . Something moved there . . . it was a lion, not a mountain lion, but an African lion. . . . I watched as my father reached the entrance to the cave. He peered inside, then looked at me and shook his head. No. There was no lion. . . . When he returned, I smelled the lion on him. He had not seen the lion, but it had seen him . . .'

Ok I have thought of another (wracks brain) Yes it's vague scary memory time again !

There was a great story about a girl who had an imaginary lion friend that wasn't always nice to her.
She went on holiday in the family car with parents and the imaginary lion went with them. But during the holiday the lion decided it was leaving her - and walked away.

She didn't 'see' it again until she was older and the family was (unbeknownst to her) travelling by car through the same area that they had visited for their holiday, and she 'saw' it standing by the road !

Surely the greatest "sort of Lion Man imaginary friend" in all of literature is Hobbes?
Totally!
calvin-hobbes-pills.jpg

Back