• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

List of Fortean Movies.

drjbrennan

Ephemeral Spectre
Has anyone compiled one? I've just joined one of those 'dvd rental by post' companies and am looking to boost my rental request list.

Any suggestions?

Heres my current list.
[15] 1984
Short wait Short wait
It is likely there will be a short wait for this title.Watch now With unlimited package[15] A Zed And Two Noughts
Short wait Short wait
It is likely there will be a short wait for this title.[15] And Soon The Darkness
[18] Black Christmas
Long wait Long wait
It is likely there will be a long wait for this title.[18] Blue Velvet
Blue Velvet
[15] Catch 22
Long wait Long wait
It is likely there will be a long wait for this title.[PG] Children Of The Stones
[15] Crooked House
Long wait Long wait
It is likely there will be a long wait for this title.[18] Crumb
Dean Spanley
Long wait Long wait
It is likely there will be a long wait for this title.[PG] Der Golem
Short wait Short wait
It is likely there will be a short wait for this title.[PG] Doctor Crippen
[15] Eraserhead
[12] Fahrenheit 451
[Ex] Genesis - Reflections
[Ex] H.P. Lovecraft Collection Vol. 5 - Stran...
[15] Haxan - Witchcraft Through The Ages
[15] Heat
Heat - Feature
Short wait Short wait
It is likely there will be a short wait for this title.[15] I Am Curious Yellow/Blue
Long wait Long wait
It is likely there will be a long wait for this title.[15] I Was A Teenage Vampire
[PG] Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun
[12] Logan's Run
[18] Mondo Cane
Short wait Short wait
It is likely there will be a short wait for this title.[15] Slaughterhouse Five
Sound Barrier
[18] Thief
Timeslip - Series 1 To 4
Timeslip - Series 1 To 4 - Disc 1 - The ...
Timeslip - Series 1 To 4 - Disc 2 - The ...
Timeslip - Series 1 To 4 - Disc 3 - The ...
Timeslip - Series 1 To 4 - Disc 4 - The ...
[18] To The Devil A Daughter
Short wait Short wait
It is likely there will be a short wait for this title. Tomorrow People, The - Series 2 Sent in series order. More infoHide Info
This title will be sent in series and episodes order. The entire series/season is one unique title, each disc is one rental

Tomorrow People, The - The Blue And The ...
THE TOMORROW PEOPLE, the classic 1970s sci-fi series, follows the adventures of British teens who have reached the next stage of human ..read more »
Tomorrow People, The - A Rift In Time - ...
THE TOMORROW PEOPLE, the classic 1970s sci-fi series, follows the adventures of British teens who have reached the next stage of human ..read more »
Tomorrow People, The - The Doomsday Men
Long wait Long wait
It is likely there will be a long wait for this title.[15] Wim Wenders Collection
Paris, Texas
Winner of the Grand Prize at the Cannes Film Festival in 1984, Wim Wenders's PARIS, TEXAS tells the haunting story of an amnesiac (Harry ..read more »

reserved
Released: 22 Feb 2010 [15] The Asphyx
Released: 01 Mar 2010 [15] Tower Of London
Unavailable for rental [PG] Ace Of Wands
Not currently released [TBC] Cold Light of Day
Unavailable for rental [TBC] Ghost Stories for Christmas
Not currently released [TBC] Sorcerer
Unavailable for rental [PG] The Cool Mikado
Unavailable for rental [12] The Guardians - The Complete Series
Currently unavailable [PG] The Stone Tape
Watch now With unlimited packageTo be confirmed [PG] Things To Come
Not currently released [TBC] Wizards

Repo Man (1984 dir: Alex Cox)

Kiss Me Deadly (1955 dir; Robert Aldrich)

Phantom of the Paradise (1974 dir: Brian de Plama)

Alphaville (1975 dir; Jean-Luc Godard)

Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979 dir: Werner Herzog)

Dark Star (1974 dir: John Carpenter)

The Asphyx is a highly underrated film - possibly because of the Hammer label - but definitely worthy of watching and re-watching.

Try The Shout or Incident at Loch Ness if they're available.

The Innocents (1961), a truly frightening adaptation of Henry James' The Turn Of The Screw - I found it pretty fortean - besides it being a ghost story - having scenes analagous to what Jenny Randles calls 'the Oz Factor' and other stuff I can't remember.

Eye of the Devil (1966), David Niven, Deborah Kerr, Sharon Tate. An atmospheric film about the survival of pagan beliefs about blood and the land. Think Wicker Man in France, with a chateau and vinyard....

Sapphire & Steel

sapphiresteel.jpg

The original TV Series is boss, the audio dramas aint too bad either. 8)

Zoltar

This thread hasn't been very busy for the last five years: I did think there was another recent more-active one. But I can't find it.

Nomatter. This is much more important.

Perhaps there can be such a thing as a classic movie that attains such a status, even before it's seen.....

Tim Burton's long-awaited, fascinating and compulsive "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children". Latest release date is September 2016. It just looks to be utterly fantastic.....
Miss_Peregrine_Film_Poster.jpg

The music makes it look like a cult recruitment drive, but if Eva's being weird then that's the best kind of Eva. Does seem a bit X-Men-ish, though. Is the book any good?

Here's another very obscure fortean type film, Nemo, Dream One (1984), I managed to get hold of a copy of the rare DVD release last year, it seems like a forgotten film.

12923219_10153418482651994_6487173771547418975_n.jpg

OMG
The Innocents (1961), a truly frightening adaptation of Henry James' The Turn Of The Screw - I found it pretty fortean - besides it being a ghost story - having scenes analagous to what Jenny Randles calls 'the Oz Factor' and other stuff I can't remember.
Quint face in the window!

Back