• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mad Max Thread

Moooksta

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Wanted to try the new boards media uploading so I thought I'd start with the newest trailer for the Mad Max re-imagining....

Quite impressive trailer and impressively easy to attach to the post.

Big budget, eh.
Looks like it's retained much of the style of the originals.
The pale-skinned character reminds me of Scrooloose from 'Beyond Thunderdome'.

This board may be an improvement. Not that I actually saw the video - but I blame that on Youtube congestion and my lousy BT Broadband! :mad:

Thumbs up, Dr Miller.

Am I right in recalling that this is just the first of three instalments to come in this series?

For (ir)regular updates, bookmark Peter Barton's original fan website.
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/
His site has a massive archive on the franchise.

Apparently the official movie site requires a "WebGL enabled browser." Whatever that is, my old PC doesn't have it. I'll just be tuning into the link above instead.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this. Proper stunts, too! OK, apart from the CGI stuff, but it genuinely looks like Miller hasn't lost his touch for the apocalypse.

Well, that all looks disturbingly barmy.
Still, for a Mad Max film, I guess that's a big thumbs-up!

Vertigo's teaming up with George Miller for Mad Max: Fury Road prequel comics
Matthew Jackson
Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 6:14pm
FuryRoadHeader.jpg

http://www.blastr.com/2015-2-12/vertigos-teaming-george-miller-mad-max-fury-road-prequel-comics

So many cuts it's exhausting to watch.
And I didn't notice Tina Turner in any of them.

Hmm, the classical music on the teaser trailer worked pretty well for me, I'm less convinced by this soundtrack.* Regardless, I shall be one of the first through the door.

*Speaking of Mad Max soundtracks, the first movie was scored by Brian May. I only found out recently that it wasn't the badger-loving astrophysicist musician, as I'd assumed, but someone else with the same name.

I'm excited to see this one. Hope they keep the idea that it is in Australia. It was filmed in Namibia and I heard it mentioned it was more of a generic post-apocalyptic wasteland. Certainly looks like it has a good Mad Max 2 vibe about it.

Agreed. Was that a broad Aussie accent I heard from Charlize's character?

Looks awfully like a chastity belt. With teeth.

:eek:

Edit: There's a Thatcher joke in there someone, I'm just trying to resist making it.

Last edited:
Trailer for the inevitable video game. If it has GTA style open-world exploration, it could be awesome.

Looks fantastic! Sadly, no PS3 version.

Why is it always Verdi's Dies Irae in movies like this? :rolleyes:

There's a good few other Dies Irae's that are out of copyright... and some that aren't.

And another trailer, concentrating on Charlize Theron's character.
Is the UK release date the same? I'll need something to lift the post-election blues.

Spotted a DVD called "Furious Road" in Sainsburys yesterday. Starring no-one you've ever heard of, naturally. Obviously, the cheap cash-ins have started - it's "Transmorphers" or "Atlantic Rim" all over again!

Back