• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Medical Anomalies And What Medicine Refuses To Believe

cranionaut

Devoted Cultist
I thought I'd create this thread for the purpose of discussing any medical anomalies you have , have heard of , or just interested in discussing or talking about .

Depending on the feedback ( you can read about my own if you like ) on the general threath ,and the some of the problems I've endured , your more than welcome to contact me .

My doctor considers me a bit of a medical anomaly, not to mention mystery.

I had an accident when I was two years old. I was playing with my dad and crashed headfirst on the pointy corner of a vault, the type they use to keep the pajamas inside. It wasn't supossed to be extremely bad, but I have something like a depressed line on the left side of my skull, that goes from the scar on my eyebrow to my hairline. It's invisible under my skin, but I can feel it whit my fingers and I stimate it is a couple milimiters deep. I would really love to see how it looks, alas, that's impossible. But sometimes I wonder if it doesn't means I had an even worst accident than everybody believed it was and if it didn't have consecuences on my life. And by the way, one of my first memories is having the doctor sewing the wound on my left eyebrow.

No really an anomaly, I know.

I'm allergic to the sun [resulting in basel cell carcinoma at age 13] and suffer from SAD [seasonal affective disorder] in which I get severely depressed due to lack of natural light around me. Not an anomoly but worth saying.

I was reading in a magazine at the weekend about a baby boy who was born with a defective heart. He was not expected to live, but didn't die right away, and his heart defect was found to have corrected itself after a couple of weeks. (It was a very narrow blood vessel which seemed to spontaneously widen.)

So he's a perfectly healthy child now, and his parents and the doctors agree that his recovery is miraculous. 8)

I agree, although with no prayer involved, it might seem to some a waste of a miracle. :lol:

Chromosome deletion inconsistent with life

My son has a very rare genetic syndrome, where he is missing a huge chunk of a chromosome. According to the doctors, the size and placement of the deletion is inconsistent with life.

He also had 3 heart problems when he was born, all of which were supposed to require surgery, but luckily for us healed up by the time he was a year old.

He was supposed to need cranial-facial surgery in order to chew food, but his face changed due to nursing, and he ended up not needing the surgey.

On the even more positive side, he is missing part of the chromsome that makes people reject organs that aren't "matches" so theoretically, he can accept anyone's organs. Unfortunately, in the US they won't put the mentally retarded on transplant lists.

i believe there's similar issues over here with people with down's syndrome... they often have heart problems but have in the past been refused surgery because, well i guess because they aren't valued as other people are... :(

I believe the problem is that there's always more prospective recipients than there are organs to go around so the people making the decisions are continually playing a real-life game of "Lifeboat." How do you get the maximum benefit out of this organ? So - old people after young people (young people will get more life than the old ones), parents with minor children before adults with no children (reduce those single-parent households with their increased economic and social cost), the person who might die tomorrow without it before the person who probably has another week in him, etc.

I don't envy them the job and am unlikely to second-guess them on that basis.

PeniG said:
I believe the problem is that there's always more prospective recipients than there are organs to go around so the people making the decisions are continually playing a real-life game of "Lifeboat." How do you get the maximum benefit out of this organ? So - old people after young people (young people will get more life than the old ones), parents with minor children before adults with no children (reduce those single-parent households with their increased economic and social cost), the person who might die tomorrow without it before the person who probably has another week in him, etc.

I don't envy them the job and am unlikely to second-guess them on that basis.

They need system that can assess things better.

What's life worth and how is that worth shown ?

Should some young person with criminal record get preference over some 90 yr old who fought in the war ?

If you ask me , most of the worlds problem is down to too much people .

People without the facilities should not be allowed children, or the state / government to encourage that by giving them preferences . ( Media needs controlled too , forget bad language .. yesterdays punks are not the problems of today )

Raising a child , esp today , is prob one of the hardest jobs of all

It shouldnt come down to who can afford but in the end in the end someone had to pay i.e. if you value the idea of having childern then you would have incentive rather than just absuing the system hene the sad generation of teenage pram pushers in uk today

BlackRiverFalls said:
i believe there's similar issues over here with people with down's syndrome... they often have heart problems but have in the past been refused surgery because, well i guess because they aren't valued as other people are... :(

In other words , their not seen as profitable when it comes to working .

The problem comes down to Money

The route of all evil..

History repeats itself and still no one learns ..

If everyone in the world actually worked together on common cause one at time instead of trying to cut each others throats wed had probably conolised Mars and saved the enviroment by now.

Instead the world is run by greedy men in positions of power while the rest of us are force feed daily trash in the news to keep us weak .

I dunno personally Im ashamed to be human sometimes..

If folk realised today that they might have no tomorrow I wonder how important all of that crap they buy into would be then..

The trick is not even 99% of them are...

Take look around at the scenery folks , fims, music, the whole zest and spirit of creativity is becoming increasingly dire and the Controllers like to keep it that way.

How much is enough ?

Doctors always tell you to drink less alcohol, regardless of how much you drink.
I recently visited a doctor for a 'new patient' check up despite being perfectly healthy, and they were concerned that my blood pressure was high.
I have checked for foods to avoid if you have low blood pressure to see what sort of things I should have more of.
Oh what a surprise.

1686037704072.png

https://myhealthytreat.in/blogs/blog/15-foods-to-avoid-with-high-blood-pressure
https://flebo.in/health/what-food-should-you-include-avoid-in-your-low-blood-pressure-diet/

Doctors always tell you to drink less alcohol, regardless of how much you drink.
I recently visited a doctor for a 'new patient' check up despite being perfectly healthy, and they were concerned that my blood pressure was high.
I have checked for foods to avoid if you have low blood pressure to see what sort of things I should have more of.
Oh what a surprise.

View attachment 66808
https://flebo.in/health/what-food-should-you-include-avoid-in-your-low-blood-pressure-diet/
Trev, you don't even have to look it up.
Foods you don't like are good for you, and foods you like are bad for you.

Oh what a surprise.

View attachment 66808
As Homer Simpson said ''Beer, the cause of, and answer to, all of life's problems.''

If you're going to quote The Simpsons, you must quote them correctly, or some pedantic muttonhead will come along and put you right.
The correct quote is;
"To Alcohol! The Cause Of (and solution to) All Of Life's Problems!"

Trev, you don't even have to look it up.
Foods you don't like are good for you, and foods you like are bad for you.
In my younger experience, same could be said of men. :(

Being nice is a dead end. My advice: Be the cunt that you want to see.

Back