• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Men In Black & Bogus Social Workers As Tulpa Folk Devils

Breakfast said:
I saw one of those yesterday at exactly this time. Now I'm 24 hours from Tulpa.

I'm so sorry. So very sorry...
And so you jolly well should be!:D :D

DanHigginbottom said:
Let's start simple. Howabout a bog-standard UFO, of the silver flying disk variety? Perhaps with a red light, as it might not get spotted after dark.

NB The organisation referred to generically as 'DanHigginbottom' cannot be held responsible for any form of psychic backlash resulting from this experiment. You buy your own mothman repellant.
Please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm new to this tulpa lark. But shouldn't we all be thinking of one specific location as well. Otherwise we might create lots of separate ones (assuming we're successful that is).:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Evilsprout
Well, i was lightly reading something about MIBs earlier today, and i noted a picture of someone, the caption explaining that it was david tansley, and that he believed that MIBs were a psychic manifestation of kind of general demons, which seems similar to your theory. I have just done a bit of searching and it seems that he is a theosophist and is into chakras and that sort of thing.
incidentally, someone here has transcribed to the web the article i was reading, which only breifly mentions the researcher: http://www.think-aboutit.com/aliens/folklore.htm

he was also involved in this famious case: http://www.geocities.com/visitorsfromspace/ufo_s_in_south_west_wales.htm

I had a weird PSW encounter the other week. A smartly dressed woman came to my door asking for the "Durrell residence" and I said she must have the wrong house and she got quite agitated and confirmed the address and double checked there was no one in and then reckoned she must have come to the right address in the wrong area (despite the fact there isn't another similar named street). She was oddly most insistent and as she left she shouted over her shoulder "Do you have any newborn children there?" as though that would have done as well.

Now if she was a rela social worker she would have had the right address and some kind of documentation to check.

There was nothing specific that really stood out but I was actually feeling a bit jittery after the whole thing.

Emps, as a true Fortean you should have followed her to her car or wherever, you know, do some ad hoc investigation.

As an Earthling though, you were instead rendered helpless by the Debilitation Ray. :shock:
Happens all the time.

Emperor said:
Now if she was a rela social worker she would have had the right address and some kind of documentation to check.

I would contact your local Children's Social Work Department, you can get a direct phone number out of Yellow Pages or Thompson or ring your local Council Hall/Civic Centre.

I personally would run the details of what the woman said past them to ensure that she was a social worker. They would then be able to say whether she worked for them if you give them the family's name and a description of her, time she was at your door etc.. That is if she definitely told you that she was a social worker. Don't let them fob you off if they say they can't give details or confirm she does work for them, threaten to speak to their ombudsman or take it to the papers.

If she wasn't on the level and they have no idea who she may have been it may be worth reporting it to the police but it sounds more like she was inept than anything sinister.

If she is indeed a social worker I would ask to make a complaint about her lack of professionalism (she should have had ID displayed when talking to you) and she shouldn't have given details of the family out to you even if they were scanty. You know their name and that they live in a similar sounding street. Not exactly clever on her part, how would she know that you weren't going to inform the whole neighbourhood that social services are looking into a family from the area?

Nah Emps, don't listen to Quix. THEY will know you're onto them.
You don't want to end up with an anal probe, or a nasal implant, especially if THEY use the anal-probe attachment from the last operation for the nasal implant without washing it. :shock:

Quixote: Buts thats it - thats what really niggled me: she never actually identified herself as social worker she just gave that opinion with her clothes and asking for the such and such household. She was clearly not a member of the family or a friend as she would have realised she'd got the wrong house and the use of the world "household" and ultimately it sounded like she would have settled for any new born baby.

I'm sure there is an innocent explanation (perhaps she was from the local paper??) but it just felt weird.

escargot: :shock:

Emperor said:
I had a weird PSW encounter the other week. ...
Definitely seems to qualify as the British equivaent of a Keel-ian MIB encounter, Emperor.

:eek!!!!:

Emperor said:
Quixote: Buts thats it - thats what really niggled me: she never actually identified herself as social worker she just gave that opinion with her clothes and asking for the such and such household.

Ah right... okay, I was under the impression that they had identifed themselves as a professional- my bad.

Well at least you know what to do in future if you do get someone knocking on your door saying they are a SW and not showing any id...

Emps, are you having any problems sitting down? ;)

Most official-type visitors readily flash ID so this was certainly a bogus visit.
You need to get onto Social Services ASAP. Let us know how you get on.
If you still remember anything about it afterwards, that is. :shock:

Quixote: Yeah it was weird but I would have let her in as everything screamed social worker - very odd (I do hope I'd be a bit more cautious). It was like if someone had turned up in a flourscent yellow jacket and asked to check my meter. I'd be like: "OK. Hold on who are you?".

I'd have to check the details with the people I told the story too at the time but I'm sure she also asked if there were any new babies across the road. It all had a slightly surreal edge to it.

escargot said:
Emps, are you having any problems sitting down? ;)

Most official-type visitors readily flash ID so this was certainly a bogus visit.
You need to get onto Social Services ASAP. Let us know how you get on.
If you still remember anything about it afterwards, that is. :shock:

Perhaps I have already reported the incident?

I was meaning to post this when it happened but it seemed to have forgotten until now.

Anyway I'm off out to the shops to buy an inflatable rubber ring to sit on.

Emperor,

I don't know how well the story was publisized but recently in the USA a woman contacted another woman via the internet on the pretext of adopting puppies, but when she showed up she killed the woman and cut her unborn baby from her abdomen.

I certainly hope your story has NOTHING whatsoever to do with that story, but someone so intent on new born babies seems suspect to say the VERY least.

-Fitz

Fitz said:
Emperor,

I don't know how well the story was publisized but recently in the USA a woman contacted another woman via the internet on the pretext of adopting puppies, but when she showed up she killed the woman and cut her unborn baby from her abdomen.

I certainly hope your story has NOTHING whatsoever to do with that story, but someone so intent on new born babies seems suspect to say the VERY least.

Yeah it was weird - there was nothing specific I could put my finger on but I was certainly unnerved. If I'd had a newborn child I would have phoned the police.

The story sounds like one from the baby ripping thread:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12432

Yep, that's the story.

Very very sad, and scary.

On a slightly different note, what I found particularly fascinating in the Mothman Prophesies was when Keel talks about how he actually spoke to Mr. Apol on the telephone a few times, at length, who seemed to admit he had no clue what his purpous was or where and when he was.

That is some odd stuff. I always wondered why Keel didn't go into that aspect more, it would seem that speaking to a possibly fake person would be a mindblowing reveltaion, but it gets a page and a half in the copy I have.

-Fitz

At the risk of seeming uninformed - could someone please enlighten me about a couple of things that I've been puzzling over since joining these boards?

a.) What are tulpa's?

b.) What are chucac ....chubaca .... er ... those thingies ?

c.) What
are the Mothman Prophecies?

Oh, and Breakfast - is your avatar an illustration from the original 'Narnia' series - it seems to look very familiar in a nostalgic sort of way?!

Fitz said:
That is some odd stuff. I always wondered why Keel didn't go into that aspect more, it would seem that speaking to a possibly fake person would be a mindblowing reveltaion, but it gets a page and a half in the copy I have.

I wonder if it is just that he was focused on one mystery and didn't follow some leads which other people might in other circumstances?

Hecate:

Chupacabra- Skepdic definition

As far as I'm aware a Tulpa is a thoughtform, something created out of a person's imagination. Phillip the *ghost* that was invented a number of years ago as an experiment and then was photographed turning tables is classed as a Tulpa I think.

I've seen this woman's experience trundled out a few times on here too.

Alexandra David-Neel

~
anyway back OT to bogus social workers...

Photo of MIB's

A year or two ago I came across a website telling a story about two MIB's visiting the home of somebody who had seen a UFO.
On that webpage was also a supposedly REAL photo of one of the MIB's who visited the UFO vitness. He was photographed on the street near the vitness' home. The photo was in B&W.
He looked like he was dressed like they did in the 1950's and also drove a typical american car from that period.

I've tried several times to find this website again, but to no avail.

I remember seeing a photo of a man who claimed to be from Venus, and looked like your classic MIB - neatly dressed in dark, conservative suit, short hair, boring demeanor.

Can't remember where I saw it, I'll try to look it up and report back.

-Fitz

Here's the picture of the so called MIB:
mibphoto.jpg

Here's a link to the story:
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/UFOs/beckley.htm

Can't vouch for the authenticity of the picture and/or story. ;)

Fitz said:
I remember seeing a photo of a man who claimed to be from Venus, and looked like your classic MIB - neatly dressed in dark, conservative suit, short hair, boring demeanor.

-Fitz

It's possible you're thinking of Valiant Thor, seen here apparently discussing the newspaper with Dr Frank Stranges and Commander Jill from Venus (although this page from the Ashtar Command incorrectly identifies Dr Stranges as 'Donn Thor'. It's a mistake anyone could make)

That chap in that photo looks a bit like Winstone Churchill :shock:

The MIB saga rolls on...........

Graylien,

That was him, thank you very much!

I think all of the people pictured are a tad disturbing. What is with that woman at the bottom of the Valient Thor page? She looks a little like Uma Thurman, except not at all in a strange way.

-Fitz

graylien said:
Fitz said:

-Fitz

It's possible you're thinking of Valiant Thor, seen here apparently discussing the newspaper with Dr Frank Stranges and Commander Jill from Venus (although this page from the Ashtar Command incorrectly identifies Dr Stranges as 'Donn Thor'. It's a mistake anyone could make)

I've seen those pictures once before.
Could it have been in a Adamski book?

Edit:
Shure it was a Adamski book. Noticed the Adamski link on the page now...

Last edited by a moderator:
In Neil Gaiman's American Gods there are some MiB/Black Helicopter types who seem to exist because everyone thinks that they do.

hecate: My avatar is Gorey's Doubtful Guest.

Ok, I am going to post this because the experience left me feeling weird, and I remember only some of it, which is odd for me as I usually have a very good memory.

On Saturday afternoon I had an odd experience. My wife left to go to a drumming lesson, and just a few seconds after she left there was a knock on our apartment door. I assumed she left something behind and didnt want to dig her key out and so opened the door without perring through the keyhole first, as I usually would. Yes, I am slightly paranoid about people coming to my door for whatever reason, I chalk it up to my mum, who was always the same way.

Anyway, a young man in a crisp navy blue suit stood at my door, carrying a clipboard. I say young, because he was clearly younger than me, and I am only 29. He looked strange in his suit, but only because I am not used to seeing younger people dressed up so much these days. I assumed right away he was either a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon.

He asked if the man of the house was in. I said yes, that's me. He laughed once, then went into a spiel about how he was doing a survey of people's eating habits and would I have a few mintues to help him out? I said yes, as I always do these types of things (usually on the telephone though) . . . it deludes me into thinking I am being interviewed, and also gives me a chance to be subtly subversive by giving bogus answers.

Anyway, as soon as he started asking me questions I became uneasy. I can't say what it was precisely, but I began to notice that he really wasn't writing my answers down, but looking down at his clipboard as if comparing my answers to something else. It was around this point that I noticed he wasn't wearing an overcoat either, which I thought strange, since it was pretty cold outside.

I don't remember many of his questions about food except that they were mostly very vague. One question about food, however, stands out in my mind still. He asked "Is there any food in your opinion that can make you smarter?"

Now that is a strange question.

I said: "Apart from Slim Jims, no."

This apparently totally trumped him. he had no idea what Slim Jims are. I will admit that I was being silly, since Slim Jims are actually a name brand that isn't carried in Canada, where I live, but most people seem to know what Slim Jims are. Maybe not in Britain, but over here. It is a bit like jerky.

Anyway, he asked what Slim Jims were, and I did my best to explain the concept to him. After, he asked "Ok, how much smarter do you think it makes you?"

I said "Sorry, I was just kidding . . . Slim Jims seem like astronaut food, so It was just a joke."

He said: "Are astronauts smarter than the average person?"

I laughed. "I don't know, I guess . . . I hope so anyway."

He nodded. Then he closed up his clipboard. There were a few moments of uncomfortable silence, then he opened his clipboard again as if he had forgotten something. I noticed he didn't take out his pen again. Then he asked his last, but most strange question: "Do you ever visit any unusual websites?"

This question TOTALLY threw me, but I laughed, and said: "What do you mean by unusual?"

He only said: "What do you consider weird?"

"I don't know, hollow earth stuff, that's weird."

He said after a pause, "That is weird. Thanks for your time."

Then, he left.

I got really nervous after he left, and went to the front window to see if I could see him leave, but he never did while I watched. He could very well have went on to other floors, so that isn't really out of the ordinary. But I felt really nervous, and when I tried to recall his questions, most were gone from my memory. I remember a few like "Do you think peanut butter is fattening?" but mostly I don't.

When my wife got home I told her about it, and she didn't seem to think it was odd at all, but I still feel creeped out by it.

So, was this weird or am I making something out of nothing?

-Fitz

P.S.: Sorry about the length!

Fitz: While orders of magnitude freakier than my "encounter" you seem to have that same odd feeling of unreality and nerves afterwards.

Fitz said:
He nodded. Then he closed up his clipboard. There were a few moments of uncomfortable silence, then he opened his clipboard again as if he had forgotten something. I noticed he didn't take out his pen again. Then he asked his last, but most strange question: "Do you ever visit any unusual websites?"

This question TOTALLY threw me, but I laughed, and said: "What do you mean by unusual?"

He only said: "What do you consider weird?"

"I don't know, hollow earth stuff, that's weird."

He said after a pause, "That is weird. Thanks for your time."

Then, he left.

So just to clarify - you never actually mentioned the FTMB?

~makes notes on file and puts it back in the F section of the filing cabinet~

Back