• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mindlab

aussiehippy

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Mods: Feel free to move this into any category, not sure where to put it

Flicking though one the old issues of FT I recently bought off Ebay :D I noticed a full page ad for the MindLab and it's sister product, The NovaSomethingOrOther (I'm at work, and I can't remember it's name).

The MindLab claims to help you learn while you sleep by putting a tape in it, and the other one claims to let you experience lucid dreaming every night!

And both of these devices seem to accomplish this by nothing more than flashing lights and beeping.

Does anybody know anything about these devices? Do they work? Can you still buy them? Why were the adverts for them so unconvincing? Anybody buy one?

I tried googling, but it seems a million and one companies are calld mindlab and don't seem to have anything to do with this device.

Hey, DO NOT sleep through Lessons (Or Lectures), the staff don't like it and it won't help...

Subliminal bollocks!
:p

Yup all research into sublim tapes etc shows it to be complete pants - see Carlson (2004) for a brief review.

Cheers for that info! Very interesting.

I can't help but get the feeling these kind of brain machines are in some way sinister...... but that's just probably paranoia from watching too many crap sci-fi films!

Don't think I'd ever try one - why muck around with your sleep, I don't seem to get enough as it is.........

Well there you go! I knew this stuff was evil, you only had to look at their advertisements!

Back