• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Here it is, in all it's spooky 'just opened' glory. And I know it was properly shut because I leaned on it the other day!
spookycupboard.jpg

Is the catch one of those 'ball' type ones?
They aren't always the most secure of fittings.
To be honest I'm not sure there's a catch at all. It's the thickness of the paint that holds it shut! It's mostly puzzling because it will stay shut for weeks on end and then suddenly be open, usually one morning when I come down. This was noteworthy because it actually happened when I was sitting there in the room with it, so I could note the conditions.

To be honest I'm not sure there's a catch at all. It's the thickness of the paint that holds it shut! It's mostly puzzling because it will stay shut for weeks on end and then suddenly be open, usually one morning when I come down. This was noteworthy because it actually happened when I was sitting there in the room with it, so I could note the conditions.
Right.
It looks like it has had a catch/latch at some point, as there seems to be a notch chiseled out for one;
spookycupboard.jpg

I'm getting déjà vu here; I think I've asked you about the catch before.
Apologies if I have.
I don't know what I've said, dreamt or imagined these days.

The door is constructed from 3 boards, presumably with no expansion gap in the design. Changes in atmospheric conditions can cause the wood to swell or shrink.
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's just an atmospheric thing too. It's just so completely random, any time of day and year... But it's a very old cupboard and covered in layers of paint, could be almost anything triggering it.

I closed it yesterday and it's still shut as of right now.

Superglue is also good.
Yeah but wouldn't that render the door unusable? Might as well just nail it shut.
Sod it. Go the whole hog. Use the superglue and some wedges of card, and nail it shut.
And, just to be sure, lean a wooden chair up against it like they do in Hollywood movies.
1685295302258.png

Yeah but wouldn't that render the door unusable? Might as well just nail it shut.
Sod it. Go the whole hog. Use the superglue and some wedges of card, and nail it shut.
And, just to be sure, lean a wooden chair up against it like they do in Hollywood movies.
View attachment 66545
Well, I would, but it's got all my stuff in there.

You know, on account of @Floyd1 and @pandacracker having taken possession of the upstairs understairs cupboard. I have to put my weird sex toys and vast collection of maps of Middle Earth somewhere...

View attachment 66545
But what about the lodgers. You'll get reported to Social Services for lodger cruelty - quite right too.

Sat at a large car event having a brew yesterday, one bloke came and sat on a spare seat, chatted away about cars. A couple also came and sat down and after a few minutes this bloke says "You're Pete aren't you and used to live in -------". "Recognise you from Lambretta days" This was 25 years ago. I'd no idea who he was. Turns out that both still owned Lambrettas which had been in my collection but were unknown to each other. Funnily enough this follows on from last year when 2 blokes recognised me from the car scene 40 years ago. I'm clearly memorable but prob for the wrong reasons.:chuckle:

Im not sure if this really fits here, since we dont have a mandela effect forum, maybe we need one!

I vividly remember a fish being genetically modified to have ‘Jesus’ on the side, it was one of those Glofish types and you could buy them. I even remember the simpsons making a joke about them, but I cant find them or anyone else (other than my sister) who remembers the jesus fish.

I found ones with ‘allah’ in the side but no jesus fish.

Does anyone here remember it?
I'm afraid you have misremembered the availability of a Mandela Effect section.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-mandela-effect-false-memory.60041/

Back