• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I've probably mentioned it before on here, but I once woke from a dream with not only the sensation of landing back in my body, but a view of my bed rushing up to meet me in the process, as if I was astral projecting or something.

I experienced this too, once.

I wonder how common it is? Astral projection notions didn't arise from nowhere, it seems.
Well, I will have mentioned this before but when I was 4 or 5 I used to have very vivid (what I now know to be) lucid dreams which would end with me flying around the house with my senses engaged and being able to touch objects, etc. Then I would "wake" above myself in bed and be able to look across at my brother who slept in the same room. There seemed to be some silvery feathery cord going down into my body which I briefly considered breaking! I would then be pulled downward with great force and would suddenly wake with a jolt sitting bolt upright in bed. Obviously I had no knowledge of out of body experiences at the time and when I eventually realised this wasn't normal I willed myself to stop doing it. I still have vivid lucid dreams occasionally but nothing like this. Was it just a recurring childhood dream? I still wonder about it even now!

Well, I will have mentioned this before but when I was 4 or 5 I used to have very vivid (what I now know to be) lucid dreams which would end with me flying around the house with my senses engaged and being able to touch objects, etc. Then I would "wake" above myself in bed and be able to look across at my brother who slept in the same room. There seemed to be some silvery feathery cord going down into my body which I briefly considered breaking! I would then be pulled downward with great force and would suddenly wake with a jolt sitting bolt upright in bed. Obviously I had no knowledge of out of body experiences at the time and when I eventually realised this wasn't normal I willed myself to stop doing it. I still have vivid lucid dreams occasionally but nothing like this. Was it just a recurring childhood dream? I still wonder about it even now!
You are Lobsang Rampa AICMFP. :chuckle:

Only joking because I'm so jealous. :wink2:

When I was young I often used to dream that I was flying or blown along up by the wind.
A few years ago I seemed to be lifted out of my bed and flew outside where I saw a rabbit letting ours out of it's hutch then I returned inside to bed.
We had been wondering how the rabbit kept getting out and next day we went looking and found the other rabbit which we gave to one of my daughter's friends.

Due to be completed in 2023.
The original plan was that the new motorway would have run from the missing junction 2 on the M58, by-passing Ormskirk to the east, then roughly following the A59 to a junction south-west of Preston. Here it would join the Preston Southern and Western By-passes. The western by-pass (which would probably have been numbered M59) would go northwards to join the M55 at its missing junction 2. The southern by-pass (probably M65) went eastwards to join what is now the M65 at Bamber Bridge.
The by-passes were abandoned when the M6 was widened to four lanes. Partially due to this, the M59 was gradually trimmed in scale until it disappeared altogether.
If you look at the very western end of the M65 you can see how it's been layed out with flared approaches to the roundabout suggesting that even as late as 1997 (when it was built) that they had plans to build a flyover junction there so the M65 could carry on westwards over the top.

... There seemed to be some silvery feathery cord going down into my body which I briefly considered breaking! I would then be pulled downward with great force and would suddenly wake with a jolt sitting bolt upright in bed. Obviously I had no knowledge of out of body experiences at the time and when I eventually realised this wasn't normal I willed myself to stop doing it. I still have vivid lucid dreams occasionally but nothing like this. Was it just a recurring childhood dream? I still wonder about it even now!

Where on / in your body was it that this cord entered or connected?

Where on / in your body was it that this cord entered or connected?
Something like this?
1638798180020.png

You just reminded me of a dream from years ago where I was flying. There was another more recently where I was "hovering" and being pulled down a sidewalk.

There was a fire alarm at the BBC t'other day during Today* which put the show off-air for half an hour.
The presenters could be heard discussing whether to leave the studio or not.

Are they mad? I'd be STRAIGHT out of there. You don't take chances with fires. It could have been a bomb or whatever.
People have died for not taking a fire alarm seriously.

*Prestigious BBC Radio 4 live 3-hour morning news programme
Was once researching in the library at York University and I had to get a lot done in a limited amount of time. Students set the fire alarm off repeatedly, all afternoon. And it had to be taken seriously every time. Every time we went back inside and sat down, it would go off again...

I have two panniers for my bike. One is for wet weather gear and lights, the other is for lunch and purse and phone and all that junk. I tend to hook the personal pannier onto the right of my bike as I'm sitting on it so that it's on the traffic side.

Yesterday I set off as usual; the personal panniers had been in the house all weekend, so I know I hooked it onto the usual side. When I got to work I needed to unhook the left-side pannier in order to park my bike at the rack. But when I came to ferret out my mask and key card, somehow it was the personal pannier on the floor, not the other one, which was still attached to the bike on the right-hand side. The panniers had changed during the journey!

Or had they? I can confess that I was not entirely paying attention perhaps, with thoughts of what I had to do that day, and maybe I just glanced in the unhooked pannier and got it wrong. I'm chalking this one up to mistaken perception on my part. But it's easy to see how people do sometimes claim genuine experiences where there is a mundane explanation.

Since I was a kid I was fascinated by the idea of astral projection, but our neighborhood was too noisy for me to get into the right state of mind to do it. Then once when I was in my 20s (I think) I nodded off on an unusually quiet day and felt myself drifting upward from my body. I thought "This is finally it! Now, just like I always read, I'll turn around and see my body attached to me with a silver cord." Then the imp in me took over and said "On the other hand, if this is all B.S., I won't see anything on that bed." Of course, the bed was empty.

True believers would probably say it was a dark omen. Whatever.

Since I was a kid I was fascinated by the idea of astral projection, but our neighborhood was too noisy for me to get into the right state of mind to do it. Then once when I was in my 20s (I think) I nodded off on an unusually quiet day and felt myself drifting upward from my body. I thought "This is finally it! Now, just like I always read, I'll turn around and see my body attached to me with a silver cord." Then the imp in me took over and said "On the other hand, if this is all B.S., I won't see anything on that bed." Of course, the bed was empty.

True believers would probably say it was a dark omen. Whatever.
Maybe you were levitating!

A strange event Tuesday a.m. About to leave my house when blue flashing light appears in front of the house (dammit should have completed that ONS form after all). Go outside and prepared with the "it's a fair cop guv" intro when I see 2 ambulances and 3 Police cars outside. No sign of any officers at all. No sign of any accident. No one in houses on either side. Discretion being the better part of valour I legged it rather conspicuously. Returning, all vehicles gone, expected to see a note through the letter box, but nothing. Dread to think what happened, but sometimes it's better not to know, eh?

A strange event Tuesday a.m. About to leave my house when blue flashing light appears in front of the house (dammit should have completed that ONS form after all). Go outside and prepared with the "it's a fair cop guv" intro when I see 2 ambulances and 3 Police cars outside. No sign of any officers at all. No sign of any accident. No one in houses on either side. Discretion being the better part of valour I legged it rather conspicuously. Returning, all vehicles gone, expected to see a note through the letter box, but nothing. Dread to think what happened, but sometimes it's better not to know, eh?
We have to find out!

On top of everthing I wasn't going to mention this but it's driving me crazy and I wondered if any of you brainy lot can come up with a suggestion (or maybe you've had it yourselves).

I can only describe my problem as 'itchy clothes syndrome'. In the past I've had it for a few days then it goes, but this time it's lasted for weeks now. I haven't changed my laundry detergent/shower gel/deodorant etc. No sign of excema or a rash.
Mainly on front and back of legs/lower back and sides of torso.

Then, just now while walking back from the shops (whilst stopping to itch my legs every few steps) I got what felt like an electric shock around the old left nipple area. It really hurt and I had to stop. It happened again a few seconds later but to a lesser degree.
Got home, looked in the mirror and all I can see are three red spots the size of a full stop.

On top of everthing I wasn't going to mention this but it's driving me crazy and I wondered if any of you brainy lot can come up with a suggestion (or maybe you've had it yourselves).

I can only describe my problem as 'itchy clothes syndrome'. In the past I've had it for a few days then it goes, but this time it's lasted for weeks now. I haven't changed my laundry detergent/shower gel/deodorant etc. No sign of excema or a rash.
Mainly on front and back of legs/lower back and sides of torso.

Then, just now while walking back from the shops (whilst stopping to itch my legs every few steps) I got what felt like an electric shock around the old left nipple area. It really hurt and I had to stop. It happened again a few seconds later but to a lesser degree.
Got home, looked in the mirror and all I can see are three red spots the size of a full stop.
The spots sound like bites. Could it be bed bugs? You don't have to be dirty to get them.
I was once told off on'ere for placing a suitcase on a bed as that's a grand way to pick them up!

Whatever, there might be a way to stop the itching while you work out what's going on.

Years ago I had an itchy patch on one hip. Back then Lanacaine Cream was discreetly advertised in the back pages of women's magazine for, y'know, itching so I bought some.

Took just a couple of applications over a few days to stop it. Seemed some stitching in my jeans was irritating the skin and I was making it worse by scratching. No itching = no scratching = no further irritation.

Worth a try but I think you need to see the doctor.

The spots sound like bites. Could it be bed bugs? You don't have to be dirty to get them.
I was once told off on'ere for placing a suitcase on a bed as that's a grand way to pick them up!

Whatever, there might be a way to stop the itching while you work out what's going on.

Years ago I had an itchy patch on one hip. Back then Lanacaine Cream was discreetly advertised in the back pages of women's magazine for, y'know, itching so I bought some.

Took just a couple of applications over a few days to stop it. Seemed some stitching in my jeans was irritating the skin and I was making it worse by scratching. No itching = no scratching = no further irritation.

Yes I initially thought it was due to stitching and/or old clothes rubbing, but it is even happening on newer ones and the stitching seems ok. I'll give the bedding a good boil and then see.

Just checked (and vacuumed) mattress. No sign of any of the little b******s, so hopefully it's not bed bugs.

Just checked (and vacuumed) mattress. No sign of any of the little b******s, so hopefully it's not bed bugs.
That's good then. :)

Thing with bed bugs is that they are near impossible to get rid of. It can be done but you have to assume they're still there even when you've got rid of them. Also, you can't be sure they are not there in the first place even if you can't find any, if you see what I mean.

That's good then. :)

Thing with bed bugs is that they are near impossible to get rid of. It can be done but you have to assume they're still there even when you've got rid of them. Also, you can't be sure they are not there in the first place even if you can't find any, if you see what I mean.
Well that's less than helpful young lady.
What the heck do you do with the bloody things then? Fire? Smoke the b******s out?

Well that's less than helpful young lady.
What the heck do you do with the bloody things then? Fire? Smoke the b******s out?
I strongly suspect bedbugs. They are notoriously hard to both detect and get rid of.
Dunno though as I'm not you. :wink2:

Another highly enjoyable possible infestation is scabies but there are very precise symptoms with that which you don't seem to have.

Back