• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Money From Out Of The Blue (Cash Found Or Unexpectedly Received)

When he picked up my dad's ashes, and had to keep them at his house for a while (covid happened soon after meaning the family couldn't get together to say goodbye), brother started finding money. He's lived in that house decades and it never happened before but a couple of times he found £25 or so just sat on the floor in his front yard.

Other stuff happened, like things disappearing.

Brother has things happening that mean I had dad's ashes this end for a while, supposedly temporarily. We started getting money including an entire new income stream, unexpectedly. Then I casually hit up an editor at 8:30 AM and by 8:35 have been commissioned a year's worth of work. Now my son - who did zero work at uni - gets a 2:1. The following week, gets his dream job right out of uni. Other son suddenly gets into uni after showing no interest in the couple years since he left college and gets in first try at his first choice, through clearing...

Dad is currently behind the freezer in the back hallway (we have a small house, no idea where else to put him). Think he may be staying a bit longer.

ETA: Forgot this one. Husband was reading an article about which £2 coins are valuable (and which ones people think are valuable that aren't). We're building a greenhouse where we used to have a wrecked caravan. I haven't read this article and husband hadn't told me about it but by chance I find a £2 coin. I stick it on the table thing in the greenhouse and forget about it. Husband finds it a few days later. Apparently the most valuable ones are a certain one which had two errors on it. The one I found - two errors. Must eBay that thing.

Absolute chaos after cash machine starts giving out free money

Police were called to the incident in Dundee on Tuesday.
One witness told The Courier that users were getting ‘double the amount they asked for’.

Officers broke up a group of people on Charleston Drive around 4.29pm.

The manufacturer was contacted and the cash flow came to an end when machine was switched off.

A similar incident happened in Sydney in 2011, with people lining up to take advantage of a glitch at Commonwealth Bank ATMs.

Man given bag containing $5 grand at McDonald’s

Josiah Vargas ordered the meal at the drive-thru counter and faced a major dilemma about whether to give the cash back or not.

Speaking from inside his car, he said: ‘I went to McDonald’s and they handed me my sausage McMuffin… and this bag.

He then opens it up, showing several see-through packets filled with money.
He walked into the restaurant and headed to the counter, jokingly asking if the staff were ‘laundering money’.

A staff member said she couldn’t believe her eyes and sounded relieved, exclaiming: ‘Oh my God I want to give you a hug.’

When Josiah returned to his car, he explained: ‘They were just all hugging me and thanking me and crying, and I get free McDonald’s for a month, I guess.

‘When I was driving away, they called me back and gave me $200. Do good, people. Return $5,000, get $200 and free McDonald’s for a month.

Imo it depends. if the staff (as in the above case) or a small trader was going to be at loss then II would return it. But if I found cash and a big corporation or a wealthy person were going to be at loss then I would give the money to good causes.
Just as likely though is it's criminal money. Keep it and you run the risk of the bad guys tracking you down .. ask Danny Boyle ..

I want to know why there's zero mention of where the money originated. Was it the cash from the till, ready to be taken to the bank? Or was it an employee betting pool? Or a collection for the widows and orphans fund? Or for the local drug king?
Poor journalism in my opinion.

Crash spills banknotes on motorway in Spain

Payday came early for Costa del Sol motorists after a car crash sent countless €50 notes flying in the air.

Two drivers carrying €20,000 in €50 notes in a bag were involved in the collision, sending the bag flying out the window and its contents littering the tarmac.

Commuters stopped to stuff as many handfuls of cash as they could into their car glove compartments, leading to a major traffic jam at around 11:30am.

One bus passenger pocketed more than €500 in €50 notes, according to the Spanish social media network SocialDrive.

The amount of cash someone can carry on them in Spain is heavily regulated.

Per Law 10/2010 of the Laundering Of Capital And Financing Of Terrorism, people can have on them no more than €100,000 in bills.
The two men involved in the car crash were not arrested, it was reported, as their €20,000 fell well below this limit.

How much of their money they managed to get back is unclear.

Man finds £47 grand hidden in the walls when renovating his house

Toño Piñeiro is a Valencia-based builder who had been renovating his retirement home when he stumbled across the cash-full canisters

The house had been abandoned for four decades prior to his purchase.

Some of it was obsolete and the Bank of Spain wouldn’t accept the notes but he got around £30 grand for the more recent currency which paid for a new roof.

"I guess they kept these containers to avoid humidity. The last ones were somewhat damaged, but the others weren't - they were ironed, it was incredible."

1675342248012.png

Did an American rapper make it rain money in Havana? Somebody did — and bedlam ensued

A U.S. rapper visiting Cuba is being blamed for creating chaos in a central Havana street when he allegedly started throwing what seemed like dollar bills to a crowd.

Images of the incident caught on video were embarrassing to the government and could have triggered an hourslong internet disruption, Cuban independent media reported this week.

Fans of Tekashi 6ix9ine, the stage name of Daniel Hernandez, had spontaneously gathered outside the Grand Packard Iberostar hotel in Old Havana in the iconic Paseo del Prado on Thursday after news of his stay became public on his social media accounts.

A video circulating on social media shows the moment people started running toward the front of the hotel while what look like dollar bills can be seen floating in the air. “Look, he threw money,” a Cuban man is heard saying in Spanish in the video. He later added “look at the Cuban people,” when more passersby joined the crowd.

According to Cuban independent news outlet 14ymedio, the rapper started throwing the bills from a car in front of the hotel. Other outlets reported that he threw the bills from a hotel window. While condemning the act and calling it “shameful,” Cuban official outlet Cubadebate also remained open to the possibility that someone impersonating the musician might have been to blame.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...na-somebody-did-and-bedlam-ensued/ar-AA17DcYU

maximus otter

Cleaner found £50,000 in toilet

Three years later after no-one claimed it, he’s awarded £40,000 of it.

A cleaner who found £50,000 stuffed in a sanitary bin was left speechless at the reward after handing in the wad of cash.

Chamindu Amarsinghe was cleaning a ground flood bathroom at a TV company's building in Melbourne, Australia, when he found the hidden notes.

Police and a plumber went on to pull out £935 from the pipes around the toilet. [?]

Police immediately began investigating how the haul had ended up there and while nobody came forward, they were able to connect the cash to Sydney man Emerald Nguyen

He was charged over the proceeds of crime in connection with the mystery cash haul but the charges were later dropped.

Nguyen also signed a notice of abandonment, declaring he had no part to play in the cash haul.

After three years of waiting for the cash to be claimed, Chamindu was told by magistrate Michael Smith that he would be able to keep £40,000 - with the rest going to the state.

Smith said: “There’s no reason why such honesty should go unrewarded.”

The lucky cleaner called the money a “blessing”, adding: "I just want to spend my life in a normal way, find a job in IT and carry out that dream."

Mystery man approached pensioner, gave him £4,000 in cash then ran off

In New Zealand.

The anonymous 78-year-old said he was approached by the man, thought to be in his twenties, who asked for him by name and handed him an envelope with the cash.

After the pensioner asked for an explanation, the mystery man replied: ‘I’m just a delivery man.’

The bizarre incident occurred on December 20 last year, and police are yet to discover the man’s identity as public interest continues to grow.

Just days before handing the pensioner cash, the same man arrived and asked for him, but his daughter told him her father was not at home.

The pensioner said he had been living at a home that wasn’t registered in either his or his wife’s name, so he’s unsure how the man found out he was living there.
He took it to the police.

1706707869336.png

Back