• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Morningmares

Sabresonic

Justified & Ancient
I just made the name up and not sure what section I should of put the starter thread on but for the past 5 years the odd time when I'm not working or haven't had the right sleep I might wake up at 6/7 and then go back to sleep to around 9/10 but in between when I'm dreaming I just have horrid, negative dreams and just wondered if any on Forteana have had as well or know any condition of it ?

If you're getting only a partial night's sleep, waking, and then going under for a second round ... Your later sleep cycles can shorten from their usual length and waking becomes easier. Your REM (dream phase) sleep occurs right before waking, as you 'surface'.

My point is that (at least for me) any "extra innings" sleep cycles tend to have me waking straight out of extended dreams that temporarily remain in memory longer and with more detail than happens in earlier cycles. In other words, it may be more a matter of increased recall than a different type of dreams occurring during the extra round of sleep cycles.

Well, that sounds unpleasant!

I've never had a nightmare during a "nap" (I tend to do the same thing on days off, because my start time is so early on work days)

I do find that those day sleeps have more dreams (that I remember) and I more often jerk myself awake from twitching during those sleeps than during the "full" sleep during the night.

I was going to say maybe it's because you're slightly more "awake" during the day, but Enola beat me to it and said it better!

Sorry, my OCD just kicked in... there's an extra 'i' in the thread title, which may make it difficult to find when doing a search.
---------
Thank you, whoever changed it.
I can sleep at night now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just made the name up and not sure what section I should of put the starter thread on but for the past 5 years the odd time when I'm not working or haven't had the right sleep I might wake up at 6/7 and then go back to sleep to around 9/10 but in between when I'm dreaming I just have horrid, negative dreams and just wondered if any on Forteana have had as well or know any condition of it ?
I've often experienced the exact same thing Sabersonic if I've woken up in the morning, got up then gone back to bed to sleep again. It's horrible isn't it. Disturbing dreams time.

Sorry, my OCD just kicked in... there's an extra 'i' in the thread title, which may make it difficult to find when doing a search.
---------
Thank you, whoever changed it.
I can sleep at night now.
At least it isn't CDO which is like OCD but in alphabetical order.

Yes, had the same and agree with EnolaGaia. Perhaps in the morning there is more in the way of incidental noise; traffic, central heating pipes, etc. that trigger a dream. I can have a dream that seems to have lasted hours and incorporates the alarm going off!

Well, that sounds unpleasant!

I've never had a nightmare during a "nap" (I tend to do the same thing on days off, because my start time is so early on work days)

I do find that those day sleeps have more dreams (that I remember) and I more often jerk myself awake from twitching during those sleeps than during the "full" sleep during the night.
I've often experienced the exact same thing Sabersonic if I've woken up in the morning, got up then gone back to bed to sleep again. It's horrible isn't it. Disturbing dreams time.

I was going to say maybe it's because you're slightly more "awake" during the day, but Enola beat me to it and said it better!I
Thats funny but the best sleeps for me are afternoon nap and as I can sleep through all noise but I'm a light sleeper at night and wear wax eye plugs to try and drown my partners loud snoring but on type of that I suffer every now and again Sleep Paralysis but lately I can beat it before it kicks in or I when in SP I can control it and Lucid Dream and its sort of like a mix of a dream, Game Station and real life.

Thats funny but the best sleeps for me are afternoon nap and as I can sleep through all noise...
I think that's the natural sleep pattern. After lunch, we all get sleepy and we should really all take a nap, like they do in Spain and Mexico.
The fact that we fight our natural impulses may lead to us getting a sleep deficit.

I think that's the natural sleep pattern. After lunch, we all get sleepy and we should really all take a nap, like they do in Spain and Mexico.
The fact that we fight our natural impulses may lead to us getting a sleep deficit.
Very good point that.

Thats funny but the best sleeps for me are afternoon nap and as I can sleep through all noise but I'm a light sleeper at night and wear wax eye plugs to try and drown my partners loud snoring ...

Ahhhh ... I see the problem ... Try putting them in your ears ... :thought:

:evillaugh:

BTW I posted a topic about Morningmares and had 3 dreams on Friday morning to midday and each awaking and it started got meeting a beautiful girl young lady called Blyth and each dream got worse with the worry of your family and the last dream was a massive battle free for all of modern day Muslim lads, Black gangs, pissed white Football gangs and anarchists lefties ....I wonder its just my intake of news.

If it helps, some of my most vivid dreams in the last few years have happened on days off work where I've just either run out of steam, or else in a quiet empty house I've elected to nap and curl up in a chair in the living room and pull a blanket over me, rather than go to bed. Sleeping in a seated position in an unfamiliiar place in the early afternoon may be the key to this!

BTW I posted a topic about Morningmares and had 3 dreams on Friday morning to midday and each awaking and it started got meeting a beautiful girl young lady called Blyth and each dream got worse with the worry of your family and the last dream was a massive battle free for all of modern day Muslim lads, Black gangs, pissed white Football gangs and anarchists lefties ....I wonder its just my intake of news.
Try to avoid watching the news for a while. See if that changes anything.

I'm a light sleeper at night and wear wax eye plugs to try and drown my partners loud snoring

Ahhhh ... I see the problem ... Try putting them in your ears ... :thought:

:evillaugh:
I was going to say myself that, even though I don't have OCD (or CDO), I have to protest at using wax eye plugs.
EnolaGaia beat me to it.

I hope you still have some eyelashes left, Sabresonic! :p

I suffer what I describe as morning depression. I seem to wake from deep sleep around 4 in the morning. It feels to me that from then my brain is more susceptible to going over negative incidents from the past, constantly replayed as my conscious brain seems to take more control over my brain processes.

Although I sleep from 4am it isn't good quality sleep. I don't always wake up feeling low, it is intermittent but is an unpleasant way to wake up TBH.

Back