• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

RC is most popular in our southern states. Similar to Coke or Pepsi but superior in my opinion. It stands up to ice far better than the other two. Its smoother than coke and stronger than Pepsi. It is a cola. But, do ghosts drink physical beverages? I've been trying to figure where the RC went, It's physical it should have shown up someplace. Vardoger how many ghosts are you familiar with that drinks a physical beverage? It's one of those enigmas than can really bug a person.

Once more I had my lunch at the store I used the same glass mug I used the other two times on the same wooden table in the same back room and again I used RC as the beverage. Once again I filled the mug to the fill line. With in five minutes it had dropped a quarter inch but remained at that point even after I went into the store to wait on a customer. Three days, three different results. Certainly seems weird to me. Where does the missing cola go?

A girl who works for us upon occasion told my wife and I yesterday, that she was just finishing up closing the store one night; she cleared her throat and something or someone copied her throat clearing, very plainly and it came from the back room. She was alone in the store and at present there is no way into the back storeroom except through the store. She said she locked up rapidly and left.

I haven't mentioned this previously because I thought we simply didn't get all of the main lights, upon closing, or our helper didn't. But she was emphatic that she is always careful to turn out all the lights. Several times we (my wife and I) have unlocked the store to find the main salesroom lights fully on. Two customers who live here locally have also commented on the lights going on around midnight and off again sometime in the morning hours. So far nothing appears to be missing or even out of place.

When we have found the lights on; the wall switch is definitely "on".

Your ghost seems quite mischievous. Some sort of camera set up would be interesting - invariably you never see these things actually happening.

RC is most popular in our southern states. Similar to Coke or Pepsi but superior in my opinion. It stands up to ice far better than the other two. Its smoother than coke and stronger than Pepsi. It is a cola. But, do ghosts drink physical beverages? I've been trying to figure where the RC went, It's physical it should have shown up someplace. Vardoger how many ghosts are you familiar with that drinks a physical beverage? It's one of those enigmas than can really bug a person.

I know this sounds pretty trivial, but it is a fizzy drink. How much fizz is in it? Was the can agitated before pouring? You did account for the bubbles coming up and reducing the level of the liquid? I have read stories in the past of glasses of whiskey in "haunted" bars being myseriously emptied.

RC is quite fizzy. I also took that into account. My second test showed no loss of level. The third test showed a loss of a quarter inch (or thereabouts). Only the first time I noticed it did it drop and then drop some more. There probably is a mundane answer for it. But it eludes me.

LB8535 my spy camera is not working. I ordered a new one on Amazon but the day it was supposed to come and two days after, it still hasn't shown up. Amazon has contacted the seller but I still haven't heard anything.

Amazon cancelled my order for a spy camera. They said they could not get any response from the company I ordered it from. Any of you know of a reliable place the camera might be available?

THANKS FOR THE amazon information. I'm checking out several possibilities. I need a camera that can shoot in low light, has a chip and is battery operated. Some of the jargon on these cameras has me confused. I'm not up on all the ins and outs of todays technology. I'm an old fogy, pushing 80. I grew up using an Argus C-3 and Speed Graphic 2 x 3. I had a darkroom and processed my own pictures. Get the idea? I'm an antique. I need a translator on new technology.

Halloween has come and gone. I was so busy trying to run my wife's store and keep the home front straight that I didn't have time to set up anything elaborate for taking pictures or recording. I did shoot a few pictures of trick or treat goblins. Luckily, I guess, I had fewer than usual. Only about 150. I think the threatening weather had a lot to do with it but the lack of the village council setting a date and time probably also played a role. I took a few pictures of trick or treaters but none of the shots displayed anything unusual. Maybe next year won't be so hectic.

THANKS FOR THE amazon information. I'm checking out several possibilities. I need a camera that can shoot in low light, has a chip and is battery operated. Some of the jargon on these cameras has me confused. I'm not up on all the ins and outs of todays technology. I'm an old fogy, pushing 80. I grew up using an Argus C-3 and Speed Graphic 2 x 3. I had a darkroom and processed my own pictures. Get the idea? I'm an antique. I need a translator on new technology.
That camera in the Amazon link meets most of those requirements.
  • Night vision.
  • Chip? Maybe you mean 'SD card'? It has that.
  • HD quality.
  • Battery power? Hmmm. I don't know if that is battery powered. It has a small mains transformer for plugging into the wall. Battery wouldn't last long anyway.
  • It's only $40.

As my house was built in 1857 and went through kerosene lighting and gas lights before it was converted to electricity; I have darn few and badly placed electrical outlets. But I may give the thing a try any way, there is always extension cords. Thanks for the information.

I assume you mean a video camera of some sort? - They all have 'chips' (as sensors) these days. - Being (for my sins) a broadcast technician by trade, if I can be of assistance I'm only too happy to help. - What exactly would you like to achieve with your camera?

Old Master: I live in a pre Civil War house (1857) that has many of the incidents that are attributed to hauntings; such as phantom walking, mumbling, vanishing tools, opening doors, etc. I had a spy camera that went bad (battery operated) that did catch one phantom following me up our front stairs. This one was so clear there could be no question. But the camera blitzed out on me and trying to repurchase a new one resulted in a month lost and no camera. So I ordered one that was suggestd on this forum which I have only just received and have had no time to try out. I find that almost no one believes in spooks until they experience one and a couple of die-hards who still think its an illusion or hallucination. But I think there is something to it and I'd like more photographic proof. Suggestions appreciated.

But I think there is something to it and I'd like more photographic proof. Suggestions appreciated.

Be sure to post the pics here! But beware - if they're fuzzy, people will say "could be anything".

If it's a good photo - they'll say "clearly photo-shopped".

You can't really win either way, but I'd still like to see any pics you might get.

Once more I had my lunch at the store I used the same glass mug I used the other two times on the same wooden table in the same back room and again I used RC as the beverage. Once again I filled the mug to the fill line. With in five minutes it had dropped a quarter inch but remained at that point even after I went into the store to wait on a customer. Three days, three different results. Certainly seems weird to me. Where does the missing cola go?
A girl who works for us upon occasion told my wife and I yesterday, that she was just finishing up closing the store one night; she cleared her throat and something or someone copied her throat clearing, very plainly and it came from the back room. She was alone in the store and at present there is no way into the back storeroom except through the store. She said she locked up rapidly and left.
I haven't mentioned this previously because I thought we simply didn't get all of the main lights, upon closing, or our helper didn't. But she was emphatic that she is always careful to turn out all the lights. Several times we (my wife and I) have unlocked the store to find the main salesroom lights fully on. Two customers who live here locally have also commented on the lights going on around midnight and off again sometime in the morning hours. So far nothing appears to be missing or even out of place.
When we have found the lights on; the wall switch is definitely "on".

I used to work and live in a three story building in Oakham Brig, I worked on the ground floor and was the only person in the building at locking up and lights off time .. the switch to stairs leading up to the first floor was rather unhelpfully located at the bottom of the stairs so I'd walk up in darkness before locking the first floor door behind me. One night I stumbled in the darkness and banged my shin. The next morning, I unlocked then first floor doors leading to the stairs downwards and the light was on ... I knew I'd switched the light off because I still had a bruise on my shin and remembered stumbling in the dark. That was just one of a few weird things that happened in that building ..

Swifty you should keep a log of the weird happenings. I did that and I have many pages; some of it in an online site and some of it is recorded here.

Wombat, I did post three shots somewhere on this forum. But in those days I was more confused about this site than I am now. I do not remember which thread I posted them on and the lady who posted them for me is no longer available to repeat. I'm a computeridiot. They didn't have home computers when I was a kid, in fact, only Harvard and the U.S. Military had them and they were as big as a two story house. It's hard to teach an OOOOOOld dog new tricks. If I find them again on line I'll tell you where they are.

Swifty you should keep a log of the weird happenings. I did that and I have many pages; some of it in an online site and some of it is recorded here.
Wombat, I did post three shots somewhere on this forum. But in those days I was more confused about this site than I am now. I do not remember which thread I posted them on and the lady who posted them for me is no longer available to repeat. I'm a computeridiot. They didn't have home computers when I was a kid, in fact, only Harvard and the U.S. Military had them and they were as big as a two story house. It's hard to teach an OOOOOOld dog new tricks. If I find them again on line I'll tell you where they are.

Brig have you sorted out a camera yet?

Yes, but I haven't had time to set it up or learn how to use it.

It'd be interesting to see if it does what you want. $40 is cheap, so I hope it works OK.

I guess I'm not doing something right. I've tried the camera three times, it has the correct mini chip and the activation light comes on and it makes an audible "click" when something passes in front of it; however, nothing ever shows up on the chip.

A few weeks ago, some one asked me to post the photo we got of a "ghost". I told them that as soon as I found where I posted it, I would let them know. I don't remember who asked; so I can only post here the photos location. I haven't been able to post photos since. Go to the Notes and Queries forum, look for "Spy Camera", August 29, 2015. The photo has an incorrect date. There are three shots of "something" going up the stairs beside me. The last shot, the phantom and I are almost out of the frame. The first one is best.

A few weeks ago, some one asked me to post the photo we got of a "ghost". I told them that as soon as I found where I posted it, I would let them know. I don't remember who asked; so I can only post here the photos location. I haven't been able to post photos since. Go to the Notes and Queries forum, look for "Spy Camera", August 29, 2015. The photo has an incorrect date. There are three shots of "something" going up the stairs beside me. The last shot, the phantom and I are almost out of the frame. The first one is best.

Here's a direct link to the photo - it is very odd for sure:
http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?attachments/164-jpg.1086/

Looks like a child in jimjams

For a long time this house was a Rest Home. I put it back into a single family dwelling. Some people have proposed the image is of an elderly resident or one of the staff, who, apparently, had uniforms similar to the picture. The front stairs seem to be one of the most "active" areas in this house. I've tried cameras on the stairs several times but this is the only time we caught something that could not be explained. I was totally unaware that something was going upstairs alongside me. The picture were quite a shock.

What's the thing on the right with the big knob-shaped nose?
mr__noseybonk_by_noseybonkplz.png

I have a big nose, but my head is out of the frame. Must be some other ghoully.

Back