• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

MP's theory over cottage burnings

AndroMan said:
Niles Calder said:

Errr... this is the Daily Torygraph we're talking about... They have that paragon of the Liberal Left, Rupert the Bear, IIRC.
And to think, he used to appear in the 'Daily Express' when I was but a lad.

;)
Well I did say "IIRC" which obviously I didn't. I mean you don't expect someone like me to read either of those liberal rags?

Meanderer said:
Hugo Cornwall said:
What was the opinion of that organ of moderation Die Sturm (The Daily Telegraph, for US readers, is a balanced, and liberal organ, similar to Fox News in print media, but with less conscience, and a slightly more right wing slant) on the nanny state of Dartmouth BC?

There wasn't an opinion piece - and, just because they don't run Calvin and Hobbs Hugo there's no need to raise your blood pressure quite so much.

So you could put the word 'Black', 'Jew' or 'Romany' in the subject and it wouldn't read badly? I'd clip it and send it in if that's the case, since its vanishingly rare... and if there was a rise in blood pressure, dear heart, it was amusement, but thanks for the concern for my health. I'll pass it on to my cardiologist.

And no one runs Calvin and Hobbs anymore in UK...

And Rupert is the Express.

They run Dilbert too... damning idictment that the only reason on picks up a paper is the funny pages and the crosswords...

Hugo Cornwall said:
They run Dilbert too... damning idictment that the only reason on picks up a paper is the funny pages and the crosswords...

*Has a brief mental image of thousands of pointy haired bosses reading the Express and going "Hah! I'm nothing like that guy!"*

:shock:

Hugo Cornwall said:
So you could put the word 'Black', 'Jew' or 'Romany' in the subject and it wouldn't read badly?

Sorry, I'm obviously extremely thick - I don't understand this reference. Are you now implying that the idea to give local people a chance to buy houses in their own locality is racist?

As an aside Hugo, and I'm not asking you to dumb down, but could you please explain what you mean more clearly when you post. I often have to skip your posts (to my detriment I'm sure) because the allusions you often make are far too obscure for me to follow. Just a plea from a mere mortal looking for enlightenment.

More a comment on the Telegraph, than racism on the parts of someone who wants to live where they work...

Since its you, I'll explain. Basically if you go though that August Organ and, in the story, where it make reference to Asylum Seekers, the Unemployed or Long Term Sick, replace the term with 'Black', 'Jew' or 'Romany' its very like Germany 1936 translated :)

But some folks like that style...

As to your aside, you must find the Telegraph hard going then if you can't follow my tawdry nonsense. Considered the Express? It has Rupert! And shorter words...

I think Hugo is refering to something like what the Mods call the "Blacks and Jews rule". If a post becomes unacceptable when you replace the subject of the post with the words "Blacks", "Jews", "Women" or "Gays" then it was already unacceptable. Vis-a-vis:

"Asylum seekers are scroungers" is unacceptable because;

"Jews are scroungers" would be unacceptable

kapeesh?

Hugo Cornwall said:
More a comment on the Telegraph, than racism on the parts of someone who wants to live where they work...

Since its you, I'll explain. Basically if you go though that August Organ and, in the story, where it make reference to Asylum Seekers, the Unemployed or Long Term Sick, replace the term with 'Black', 'Jew' or 'Romany' its very like Germany 1936 translated :)

But some folks like that style...

As to your aside, you must find the Telegraph hard going then if you can't follow my tawdry nonsense. Considered the Express? It has Rupert! And shorter words...

Thank you for explaining. I shan't trouble to ask again. I have other tedious and pretentious nonsense to read.

Niles Calder said:
I think Hugo is refering to something like what the Mods call the "Blacks and Jews rule". If a post becomes unacceptable when you replace the subject of the post with the words "Blacks", "Jews", "Women" or "Gays" then it was already unacceptable. Vis-a-vis:

kapeesh?

Yes, thank you Niles. Perhaps the mods could add the word 'welsh' to this list - just for Hugo you understand :D

Meanderer said:
Niles Calder said:

kapeesh?

Yes, thank you Niles. Perhaps the mods could add the word 'welsh' to this list - just for Hugo you understand :D

Yes, please do for dear, dear Meanderer, after all I wouldn't think anyone THAT anally rententive would want an incomplete list. There again, with the tacit thuggery they espouse, mayhap I should just get a shotgun and wait for them to arrive... Should be amusing... and isn't 'pretentious' a big word? ~small round of applause~

Further consideration... It shouldn't be added... I believe its only rabid nationalists who wish to keep Welsh Nationhood as a victim society, and terrorism is terrorism, even when 'it keeps property prices down for the locals', as has been pointed out to me more than once by people really should know better. You either believe you're oppressed, or choose to live your life... A country of thugs and victims really isn't pretty. Look at NI for the end of that rose strewn path. MG were just criminals. End of story. If military intelligence was involved it wouldn't be a surprise, since they were involved in virtually everything else to date at some level, be it monitoring phone calls to infiltration.

However, looking at the current face of Welsh nationalism, certainly as espoused on the web, the BNP were doing pretty well, since Plaid is gutless, alledgedly, so... lets wait and see what the 'Boys' do next. The we can wrap oursleves in our pretty coloured rags and cheer...

These are bought by townies who believed all the Thatcherite bullshit that Britain must be a home-owning society.

I say!

I rented my hovel out yonks ago...I now sleep under the Deeds on a park bench...

------------------------

I am glad I am welsh/cornish, it means I can boast about my slave ancestors to any african who cares to listen.

Back