• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Illusions Delusions

Would you like this thread to stay open and for the story to continue?

• YES

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing.
Part of the subtext of this story was to open up to the idea of counceling, or is it Councilling?
Thanks for the reinforcements.

Amazing.
Part of the subtext of this story was to open up to the idea of counceling, or is it Councilling?
Thanks for the reinforcements.

If you'll forgive me, that does sound a lot like "Er, I meant to do that!"

But the story had nothing to do with councilling, it was only when your divorce was bought up did people start talking about it.
Receptionist handed a card to me... recomended a councelor...

Not that important... I shoulnt have said anything... lol.

Receptionist handed a card to me... recomended a councelor...

Ahh sorry a lot of the detail was lost in the background noise.

Pretty bloody tenuous though, this whole ghost/alien body-builder story was a lesson on the need to seek councilling? Hmmm.

That lesson, for me, was completely lost due to it being a tiny fragment of a story that otherwise never suggested anything about councilling.

..offers GNC Councilling ..

You beat me to it.

..What's the issue with confidentiality? ..

If both parties are there together there is no issue.

But there is a problem if one party wishes to talk to a therapist without the other knowing. The therapist can follow an oath of confidentiality, but that prevents him/her from verifying the others account. He/she would need to consult the other partner, which confidentiality forbids.

INT21

Ahh sorry a lot of the detail was lost in the background noise.

Pretty bloody tenuous though, this whole ghost/alien body-builder story was a lesson on the need to seek councilling? Hmmm.

That lesson, for me, was completely lost due to it being a tiny fragment of a story that otherwise never suggested anything about councilling.
No it was a minor subtext.

You said it was subtext, now it's a minor subtext and subtext implies the reader gets it.

So what is in your opinion is the subtext of your story?
Today at 6:18 AM
Part of the subtext of the thread was to try to help readers not to be afraid to talk to professional psychologists.

Part was to see if others experienced similar things.

Lots of people post short blurbs about seeing ghosts, but they do not seem to make the connection of full manifestation being a possibility. I find that very interesting. People only accept paranormal with limits they are placing on it.

Part of it was to wake people up a little and see a bigger possibility.

Perhaps the mob formed because I was getting too close to making them realize their world has more in it than they want to acknowledge?

Today at 6:18 AM
Part of the subtext of the thread was to try to help readers not to be afraid to talk to professional psychologists.

Part was to see if others experienced similar things.

Lots of people post short blurbs about seeing ghosts, but they do not seem to make the connection of full manifestation being a possibility. I find that very interesting. People only accept paranormal with limits they are placing on it.

Part of it was to wake people up a little and see a bigger possibility.

Perhaps the mob formed because I was getting too close to making them realize their world has more in it than they want to acknowledge?
So YOU think Captain America was a ghost?

I had a quite lengthy post on the nature of subtext and your story Kchoo. However, on reflection and some discussion off-thread I've decided not to post it.

In fact I'm out of this and the other Kchoo thread.

Kchoo best of luck. Next time, set up a blog page, write your story, have people you trust read it and then post the link here, (well in chat).

I say post your story if you want to and don't if you don't, don't bother with the poll. The way this kind of message board works is not in real time anyway: even if nobody is digging it right now, there might be someone 5 years down the line who's glad to read your story.

Agreed was about to say the same thing and I'd also like to add as a looooong time lurker myself what about any lurkers right now? This may well be several peoples favourite thread! It might even lure them in to actually joining.

People will read the thread and make of it what they will. Speaking for myself I'm reading it with curiosity and reserving judgement.

Sollywos x

I had a quite lengthy post on the nature of subtext and your story Kchoo. However, on reflection and some discussion off-thread I've decided not to post it.

In fact I'm out of this and the other Kchoo thread.

Kchoo best of luck. Next time, set up a blog page, write your story, have people you trust read it and then post the link here, (well in chat).

Ok, but I dont mind if you PM it to me. I really am accomodating and I do not mind good advice, constructive criticism or even mature blasting from a trusted guy like tou.

Agreed was about to say the same thing and I'd also like to add as a looooong time lurker myself what about any lurkers right now? This may well be several peoples favourite thread! It might even lure them in to actually joining.

People will read the thread and make of it what they will. Speaking for myself I'm reading it with curiosity and reserving judgement.

Sollywos x
Thanks.

Ok, but I dont mind if you PM it to me. I really am accomodating and I do not mind good advice, constructive criticism or even mature blasting from a trusted guy like tou.

I'll decline thanks. As before all the best.

I'll decline thanks. As before all the best.
I will say thank you for your fun banter and feedback. I see now that it may have been some kind of test... so I apologize if I failed you’re hopefull expectations. BUT THANKS ANYWAY.

So I am not sure what nerve I touched for those that don’t like this thread.

I will take a vow of silence for the next week.

Not one post from me for a week, anywhere on Fourtean Times.
I think we all deserve a break.

Feel free to contemplate and post anything maturely constructive.

I WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD from this day forward, so no questions please.

But I am interested to know what the heck happened to what I thought would be a positive story overall...

Blast away.

Byeeeee!
:)

Not one post from me for a week, anywhere on Fourtean Times.
How about here on the Fortean Forums, which is a completely different place from the Fortean Times, and no connection should be inferred or construed?
think we all deserve a break.
I couldn't agree more.
But I am interested to know what the heck happened to what I thought would be a positive story overall...
I think it was overall, it was more about how long it took to relate. With the best will in the world, get on with it is a good basis on which to work.

The proposed 1-week 'time out' has transpired, and the thread is re-opened.

Back