• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Mothers 'Evil' Face

Coincidentally I heard only this afternoon that a 70 something lady I know,( who sadly is in the last few weeks of her life) is clearly dreaming along similar lines . Her husband is having to sleep in another room for the first time in decades so they both can get some rest, but she is maintaining that someone who is identical to her husband and has the same name is sleeping with her in the bed. But no one is allowed to tell hubby number 1, because he is annoyed about it. Down to her meds and deteriorating medical state, but she seems incapable of understanding that there are not two identical versions of husband in the house.
Very similar to my late grandmother, who, before she became incapable of communicating, was sure that her room in the care home, including all her belongings, were not real, and that the staff had taken all the real stuff and replaced it with copies. Once she whispered to my wife and I "get out while you can... they won't let you go..." :(

Very similar to my late grandmother, who, before she became incapable of communicating, was sure that her room in the care home, including all her belongings, were not real, and that the staff had taken all the real stuff and replaced it with copies. Once she whispered to my wife and I "get out while you can... they won't let you go..." :(
How sad x

I think she had bouts of this whenever she had a UTI
This would happen to my mom in her later years. Post-stroke she thought Mel Gibson (!?) was coming to take her away to get married and she had her bags packed by the door.

Back