• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Mum's Weird 666 Experience

gothgurl

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
When my mum was at collage she got invited to a party. The party was held in her friend's, mum's hair salon. The party was well under way when a few well merry party goers decided to try their luck with a spot of devil worship! One girl had herd this story about how to "awaken the devil."

Evidently you had to write the number 666 on your forehead then look into a mirror and say the Lords prayer backwards. So after about half an hour and alot of drunken disagreements over how the Lords prayer went and trying to write it backwards on a piece of toilet roll, the brave girl took a lipstick to her forehead and wrote the required number.

The story goes that if you do it right you should see the devil on your left shoulder. So with everyone stood waiting the girl started to say the prayer. As she finished the last word all the lights blew in the salon.

NOTE: THIS IS TRUE!!!

In order to be able to accept this story into the canon of Forteana, we will need your mother's full name, maiden name, relevent dates and addresses, fingerprints, iris scans, etc.

signed

A. Blair

i hope you are joking my mum won't even tell any body her weight LOL!!! :D

It might've been pure coincidence that the lights blew at just that particular moment. Creepy but coincidence.

i no but they did everything at the right time and the lights blew at that moment CREEPY! lmao :twisted:

he should've appeared & took her soul.

satan, you're a bloody washout.

Interesting! It sounds a bit like the 'bloody mary' game, and from experience of ouija boards and that sort of thing, games like that can really scare the sh*t out of you with all the expectation. Perhaps that expectation 'externalised' and blew out the lights?

Did they actually say it backwards, like a record, or just say the words in reverse order? Just wondering.

Actually, I think the former is probably impossible.

they said the words in reverse so my mum sayz

[edit]as this thread has moved, this is now a pointless post which would have made no sense if left unedited, move along ...

Why is it creepy when lovvely Satan leaves a sign but when old jesus shows his mug in a pancace everyone is ooh-ing and aaah-ing.

I have soemthing very positive to the same theme. When I worked in my most hated and stressful job ever, I was at the start of a nervous breakdown and just wanted out. That fateful day I decided to leave but knew it would take a long time for me to find another job that I liked. Nevertheless, at that moment my colleague [jewish] shouts out in delight: "Oooh look, this serial number is 666".
I go over and indeed in many years the internal number had never reached that stage and I was marvelling over it.
About 5 min later my mobile rings and its an agency with which I had registered at least 6 month ago. Now they asked if I was still looking for work and that they had something that seemd to fit the exact bill.
I said that I was looking and they called back later to confirm an interview.
At that time I was so excited that I just wanted to get home quickly. HAving said that, about 10min later my friend calls me [who was a driving instructor] and offered me a lift home. To top it off she had a newly rolled joint on her which we smoked in delight at home whilst I was telling her that since the numbers 666 everything had gone my way.

I am still in that new job [paid about £7K more than the other].
666 like 13 are numbers that are whatever you think they are. To me they are lucky and brilliant and whenever I see a 666 I'll give it a small salute in appreciation, 'cause uncle Satan is looking over me!!!

8)

Dingo667 said:
Why is it creepy when lovvely Satan leaves a sign but when old jesus shows his mug in a pancace everyone is ooh-ing and aaah-ing.

I have soemthing very positive to the same theme. When I worked in my most hated and stressful job ever, I was at the start of a nervous breakdown and just wanted out. That fateful day I decided to leave but knew it would take a long time for me to find another job that I liked. Nevertheless, at that moment my colleague [jewish] shouts out in delight: "Oooh look, this serial number is 666".
I go over and indeed in many years the internal number had never reached that stage and I was marvelling over it.
About 5 min later my mobile rings and its an agency with which I had registered at least 6 month ago. Now they asked if I was still looking for work and that they had something that seemd to fit the exact bill.
I said that I was looking and they called back later to confirm an interview.
At that time I was so excited that I just wanted to get home quickly. HAving said that, about 10min later my friend calls me [who was a driving instructor] and offered me a lift home. To top it off she had a newly rolled joint on her which we smoked in delight at home whilst I was telling her that since the numbers 666 everything had gone my way.

I am still in that new job [paid about £7K more than the other].
666 like 13 are numbers that are whatever you think they are. To me they are lucky and brilliant and whenever I see a 666 I'll give it a small salute in appreciation, 'cause uncle Satan is looking over me!!!

8)

Good ol' Satan - he'll never let you down! Er... :lol:

Sorry, Dingo - I thought you were an atheist? If you believe in Satan, you surely believe in God? Myself, I don't believe in either of them.
Relax, I'm not having a go. :)

Same here Mytho. I am an atheist, doesn't stop me from "liking" the idea of a Satan though. I don't think there is one but he makes one hell of a good idol/icon. Like a symbol if you will.
Beats jesus anyday!!!!
;)

They were using the wrong number anyway, new research suggests that the number was actually 616. :roll:

Ronson8 said:
They were using the wrong number anyway, new research suggests that the number was actually 616. :roll:

Perhaps that's why the devil blew the lights, he was pissed off at everyone getting his number wrong.

SoundDust said:
your mum.

so, it didn't happen to you then?

*looks at forum title*

Her post making me bit suspicious beoc she said it happen her but now she said it happen to her mum and i hope gothgurl is not doing this just for a Larf.

ps this is not a flame at anyone.

Ahem.

gothgurl said:
When my mum was at collage she got invited to a party.

She did, in fact, make it clear it happened to her mum. Anyway, the initials of the thread are the same. It Happened To Mum.

uair01 said:
[But you inspired me to search Flickr for pictures with both Jesus and Satan and I found a few interesting ones:
etc.
etc.
etc.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rezsox/54620595/

yaya.jpg

Hehe. Look out Techy!

Moved out of IHTM!

Gothgurl, welcome to the forum. You'll find similar experiences/tales if you check through the threads here in the UL & Folklore forum.

Sthenno said:
Did they actually say it backwards, like a record, or just say the words in reverse order? Just wondering.

Possible. A good game, if you're really bored, is to record words into 'sound recorder' on the computer, reverse them and practice pronouncing them backwards. Then record that, and reverse it, and - presto! - you have the word the right way round.

Thom Yorke also does it on 'like spinning plates' by radiohead.

Just wanted to say a great big thank you to everyone who has replied to my story, this is my first time at posting on a forum and loved reading all of your replies! Thanks again Gothgurl x :twisted:

H_James said:
Sthenno said:

Possible. A good game, if you're really bored, is to record words into 'sound recorder' on the computer, reverse them and practice pronouncing them backwards. Then record that, and reverse it, and - presto! - you have the word the right way round.

Thom Yorke also does it on 'like spinning plates' by radiohead.

You’ve been pretty damn bored in your time, haven’t you?
:D

gothgurl said:
Just wanted to say a great big thank you to everyone who has replied to my story, this is my first time at posting on a forum and loved reading all of your replies! Thanks again Gothgurl x :twisted:
Well,I was going to say "bless" but then I noticed the emoticon, hmm.

lol, i love black, skullz and stuff like that (hence the name) if you look on my profile it will tell you a am a mosher. Big thans to everyone again!
luv 666angel of death666 A.K.A goth gurl xxxxx :twisted:

gothgurl said:
lol, i love black, skullz and stuff like that (hence the name) if you look on my profile it will tell you a am a mosher. Big thans to everyone again!
luv 666angel of death666 A.K.A goth gurl xxxxx :twisted:
Do you think that, these being your interests, your mum's story might have been slightly elaborated in an attempt to bond?

Or, maybe her interests in these things is why she went through the effort to post the story.

Just a few minutes ago I was in the kitchen freaking out because I thought I'd lost my wallet, and one of the light bulbs (which I believe was changed a just few weeks ago) suddenly snapped and went out. This may have just been a coincidence, that it went out then, but I was thinking, maybe it was everyone's fears and expectations that something was going to happen that made the lights blow?

crunchy5 said:
Ronson8 said:

Perhaps that's why the devil blew the lights, he was pissed off at everyone getting his number wrong.
In 1999, Moscow transport authorities actually changed the name of bus route no 666 as they kept having accidents. They changed it to 616, which is quite splendid.

Yes, the number fo the beast is generally acknowledged as 616 following a new translation of the oldest known copy of Revelation. Hebrew digits can have a lot of spin on them, it seems. So 666 is an entirely innocent number, Iron Maiden are feeling a bunch of charlies, and Damien is on the phone to Ambulance-Chasers Direct as we speak :).

Here are some other references to "The Beast"
666 is the Number of the BEAST

670 - Approximate number of the Beast

DCLXVI - Roman numeral of the Beast

666.0000000 - Number of the High Precision Beast

665.9999954 - Number of the Pentium Beast

0.666 - Number of the Millibeast

/666 - Beast Common Denominator

666 x sq. rt (-1) - Imaginary number of the Beast

1010011010 - Binary of the Beast 6

1-666 - Area code of the Beast

00666 - Zip code of the Beast

1-900-666-0666 - Live Beasts! One-on-one pacts! Call Now! Only $6.66/minute.

$665.95 - Retail price of the Beast

$699.25 - Price of the Beast plus 5% state sales tax

$769.95 - Price of the Beast with all accessories and
replacement soul

$606.66 - Wal-Mart price of the Beast

$566.66 - Costco/Price Club price of the Beast

Phillips 666 - Gasoline of the Beast

Route 666 - Way of the Beast

666 F - Oven temperature for roast Beast

666k - Retirement plan of the Beast

666 mg - Recommended Minimum Daily Requirement of Beast

6.66 % - 5 year CD interest rate at First Beast of Hell National Bank, $666 -minimum deposit.

Lotus 6-6-6 - Spreadsheet of the Beast

Word 6.66 - Word Processor of the Beast

i66686 - CPU of the Beast

666i - BMW of the Beast

DSM-666 (revised) - Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the Beast

668 - Next-door neighbor of the Beast

- Number of the Blonde Beast
uh... what was that number again?

Back