• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Next TV Box Set.

I watched the first episode of that Lethal Weapon series and it was all right, actually.
Agree, I watched it with low expectations, but it was quite engaging.

OK, I've finished Atlanta now, and it's one of the best things I've seen in the last year. Totally recommended, plus Zazie Beetz from it is now in the next Deadpool movie, so you can watch it for her. The invisible car was absolutely sidesplitting!

They will make most sense if you watch in this order...

Daredevil 1
Jessica Jones
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage

Then you'll be set for Iron Fist in a few weeks!

⬆︎
Stranger Things is proving a bit boring for me so I'm starting this list tonight, in the order recommended.

Iron Fist slots in at the end of that list....but i haven't watched that yet.

Currently working through G1 Transformers - cannot get over that one of them transforms into a giant microscope! Please explain!

But why the literal alt mode for him? Not exactly a tank or anything - just trying to find a shred of logic in the whole wretchedly delightful show!

There is no logic.

Soundwave turns into a tiny little tape recorder.

That's called Mass Displacement, and not to be sniffed at...
:)

Has anyone seen a Chinese tv series called Palace (or even any Chinese series) ? I somehow came across it searching the net, I have not watched it but here is what wiki says

Luo Qingchuan (Yang Mi) is a girl from the 21st century. One day she accidentally travels through time and ends up returning to the Qing Dynasty, during the reign of the Kangxi Emperor. She becomes embroiled in the princes' struggle for the throne and is torn between her love for Yin Si (Feng Shaofeng), the eighth prince, and Yin Zhen (Mickey He), the fourth prince and future Emperor Yong Zheng. Caught in the crossfire of political intrigue, her wit and historical knowledge serves her well in her bid to stay alive as she begins to realize that true history is much darker and uglier than books portray

I can find little more about it online apart from they filmed two series and a film that was " marketed as the offshoot of Yu’s top-rated TV dramas “Palace: The Locked Heart Jade” (2011) and “Palace: The Locked Beaded Curtain” (2012)". The film doesn't sound much like the series.

http://variety.com/2013/film/reviews/film-review-the-palace-1200590489/

About four episodes into Iron Fist and really enjoying it, definitely worth a watch.

About four episodes into Iron Fist and really enjoying it, definitely worth a watch.

Phew, a positive review.

I haven't watched any yet, and everything else I've seen has been negative. Obviously I'll still watch it (can't watch The Defenders if I haven't, right?) but it's nice to hear something good, cheers!

Currently binge viewing the first three seasons of Power Rangers. I am not proud...

Phew, a positive review.

I haven't watched any yet, and everything else I've seen has been negative. Obviously I'll still watch it (can't watch The Defenders if I haven't, right?) but it's nice to hear something good, cheers!

What were the negitive reviews moaning about?

Everything, basically.

Wow, well I find his hair somewhat vexxing, but really enjoyed it otherwise.

Bear in mind I liked Pacific Rim, my opinion might be considered a bit off (I think Mrs. Heckler went so far as to suggest I was a 'massive wrongmo' for liking it which I though a tad harsh).

Wow, well I find his hair somewhat vexxing, but really enjoyed it otherwise.

Bear in mind I liked Pacific Rim, my opinion might be considered a bit off (I think Mrs. Heckler went so far as to suggest I was a 'massive wrongmo' for liking it which I though a tad harsh).

Brilliant, I loved Pacific Rim so I reckon I'll be alright.

As I've said before...I'm very easily entertained.

What were the negitive reviews moaning about?
One of the major ones was that Danny Rand was played by a white guy.

This is of course ignoring the small inconvient fact that the Danny Rand incarnation of Iron fist has always been a white guy.

I'm currently doing a full chronological binge of the Marvel Defenders series so I have not watched it yet myself. But from what I have heard it is not the best series of the bunch but it does get better towards the end.

If nothing else because it features the return of Madame Gao and the Hand.

I think I'll be busy telly-wise for a while.

On Netflix -
Daredevil S.1
Gotham S.2
Stranger Things
Narcos S.2
Black Mirror S.3

iTunes
The Affair S.3

BBC iPlayer
Line of Duty S.4
Decline and Fall.

Amazon
Transparent S.2

I think they're all great, with the exception of Stranger Things which is so-so but I'll stick with it see how it turns out. And I'm planning on watching the rest of the Daredevil related stuff when that's finished. Obviously, I'm not watching stuff every night. 2 or 3 shows, 2 or 3 times a week. I know my limits.

Back