• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mysterious Deaths Of Microbiologists

Heckler said:
one suffocated on nitrogen in an airlock ?

Most people don't work with airlocks.

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that we still haven't definitely seen something out of the ordinary here, a number of eye-brow raising coincidences for sure but to definitely say "okay something weird is happening here" we need comparison.
Someone from our department died in the same way a few years ago, except he was in a storeroom not an airlock. Easily done as you don't know the Nitrogen is there until you are dead. Now no-one works with it unless there is at least one other person outside the room, watching the oxygen detector and another door leading to the outside is wide open.

The guy who died (Van Set) in Techyblokes list was a lab technician and not a leading scientist anyway. Brings us back to "moving the goalposts" to fit in with the conspiracy I'm afraid. :)

Min Bannister said:
The guy who died (Van Set) in Techyblokes list was a lab technician and not a leading scientist anyway. Brings us back to "moving the goalposts" to fit in with the conspiracy I'm afraid. :)

Agreed and it wasn't an airlock anyway it was a refrigeration unit:

According to Victoria Police, Set Van Nguyen died after entering a refrigerated storage facility. "He did not know the room was full of deadly gas which had leaked from a liquid nitrogen cooling system. Unable to breathe, Mr. Nguyen collapsed and died," is the official report.

Link as above

Just a quick Question to Heckler
remember in JFK they said who had the power to cover these things up ?
Has a pharm company got the power to make DC coe lie in the Hutton enquiry ?

Question right back at you TB, how much money would it take to make you lie? Probably about 1/1000 of what a pharm company makes in a week.

Heckler

LOL

very quick

I should have made it hard for you.
I suppose they also bribed lord hutton to only ask questions that didnt lead anywhere ?

do you work for MI5 ????

If I convince you Kelly was murdered how about considering 3 of the others ?

Techybloke said:

No need to convince me I think he probably was and perhaps so were some of the others, the point is were they killed for the same reason and by the same people, that I remain to be convinced of.

I can't buy any one government or even a cabal of governments offing scientists what's the motive?

Government (at least in the U.S.) is only concerned with money and caters to large corporations. By killing scientists the government would be making it less likely that a cure for diseases such as cancer and diabetes would be found. If no cure is found then the pharmacutical companies make more money because instead of buying one drug that cures a person, a person has to continuously buy drugs in an attempt to treat it. Government makes drug companies happy and in return drug companies make government happy.

Thanks Rainy for your views

Nice to see something more positive on the thread

Heckler
When this was last discussed in 2001 on this board everyone was leaning toward it being a conspiracy so with 46 scientists now dead including probably 20 proper microbiologists I would think it is now even more suspicious than it was 3 years ago.

The crucial thing is what you said earlier WHY are they being murdered and by WHOM

I believe it is driven from much higher than the Pharms and even possibly the chineese. However when we get things like the Hutton inquiry happening the way it did I have got to wonder if it is not the US government pulling strings over here.

The Question is WHY
Obviously Kelly was an embarassment to Government so we have at least one motive but why make such a mess of the inquiry to prove it was suicide, only to get everyone thinking he murdered.
Maybe they are happy with us thinking the Government killed him of due to Iraq WMD.
I think he was just next on the list personally, Mai Pederson was an EX CIA ( are they ever EX) operative.
She was probably a counter spy when all said and done and was getting info to pass back to Bush from UNSCOM.
kelly certainly thought he was in danger and made comments accordingly.
I for one was not in the least surprised when he turned up dead.
As I had been following this for ages with interest.

(but keeping my head down for fear of a carboot trip to the coast )

LOL

cheers for the comments

Techybloke said:
Nice to see something more positive on the thread

The crucial thing is what you said earlier WHY are they being murdered and by WHOM

'Positive' because it confirms your view perhaps? The question isn't WHY but IF - so far, the 'evidence' still isn't at all convincing. WRT Kelly - bumping off someone who was much in the public eye would be extremely pointless. That would be the one thing that would draw attention to any supposed 'cover-up'. Yet again, the conspiracy tries to make us believe that those involved in disposing of such people chose to do so in such a way that attracts attention, which is rather pointless isn't it, hm? They have this huge and complex master plan, which no doubt would have been a major undertaking to organise and plan, but then execute it in ways that seem completely inept as they arouse suspicion. Not exactly what I'd call a belivable situation - it's more like something from a spoof spy film.

Techybloke said:
Heckler
When this was last discussed in 2001 on this board everyone was leaning toward it being a conspiracy so with 46 scientists now dead including probably 20 proper microbiologists I would think it is now even more suspicious than it was 3 years ago.

Aha but that was when they were putting the happy juice in the water TB!

I believe it is driven from much higher than the Pharms and even possibly the chineese.

Why what do they have to gain from killing scientists and lab assistants? Frankly as we are wildly conjecturing, at this stage the pharm companies have more of a motive than the Chinese.

kelly certainly thought he was in danger and made comments accordingly.

Kelly was under a hell of a lot of pressure and was no doubt pretty paranoid by then, just because he thought people were out to get him doesn't mean they were. (though to be fair there are some questionable elements to his death)

The root of this hangs on these things:

1. How many microbiologists? (and by this I mean people involved in connected research, not neccessarily known to each other but in similar fields and let's ignore the lab assistants and lawyers so forget this magic 46)

2. Is there a conspiracy to murder them or cause them to disappear (and why is it so badly covered up, the fact that we are discussing it now means someone is doing a shockingly bad job of covering this up.)

3. Who is behind it and what is their motive? (This is the crux, if there is a conspiracy what do the shadowy cabal have to gain? Question for you, out of the X number who were conclusively murdered and/or suicided who was paying their research grants? If the government then why bother paying for research into an area that they don't want explored, if Pharm companies and private money which ones, is there a connection there, i.e. one company was the money behind this research?)

Hi JerryB

Your well up on your Kelly information then ?
have you read the transcripts of the inquiry ?

If you havent don't make assumptions
all is not as it seems.
Your goverment does lie to you

Heckler

I agree lets forget some of the victims they appear to be irrevelent to the discussion.

As for Motives
Would you agree we are meeting breaking point on earth resources and population ?
And would you also agree that the american neocons would like everything under there cosy little world view ?

I will say the NEOCONS would prefer if the planet had 3 billion tax payers who all subscribed to the American Freedom !! type of life.

Unfortunately there are way too many people on the planet to all own a car and we still have anything approaching Air to breathe

In the past a good old world war would clean things up a little but nowadays war is a dirty thing.

Its best to have a few natural disasters like Tsunami's and Earthquakes
Thro in a few viruses and I think you will get were I,m heading.

Maybe your close with the Pharms but I think this cabal includes much more than just Pharms

i recall reading, some months after kelly's death, a farming column in a north wales newspaper (believe me, there was a good reason for this). the columnist was writing, iirc, not about kelly but issues relating to the foot and mouth epidemic and seemed to be implying that kelly was aware of some particular detail not widely known (words to the effect of 'you'd have to ask dr kelly about that').

i'm wondering if anybody can enlighten me as to what this columnist may have been alluding to?

Ted-I seem to recall there were some mutterings about the F&M epidemic being a deliberate introduction, as such it would be considered a biological weapon, just aimed at animals rather than humans. Couldn;t say what the evidence was though, if there was any.

Techybloke said:
Which three? I'll see what I can find out about them.

Techybloke, have you considered Alternative 3? Perhaps these people aren’t being killed at all. Perhaps they’re being smuggled off the planet to build a safe haven for the powerful to escape to from the upcoming ecological disaster.

The disappearance of the Marconi people was part of the program to build the haven, now they’re taking life scientists as they need to establish a viable life-support system. The ‘deaths’ are just a way of explaining their disappearance.

:nonplus:

Timble said:
The disappearance of the Marconi people was part of the program to build the haven, now they’re taking life scientists as they need to establish a viable life-support system. The ‘deaths’ are just a way of explaining their disappearance.

:nonplus:

If the microbiologists are being taken now to establish a life support system, how have the Marconi scientists been coping then up until now?

Womaniac said:
If the microbiologists are being taken now to establish a life support system, how have the Marconi scientists been coping then up until now?

Possibly they’ve been managing with technology comparable to that on the Space Station, which needs regular input of materials and they’re now trying to set upon a self-sufficient Biosphere 2-type of environment. Or perhaps they went for the Biosphere 2 option straight away, and like its prototype on Earth it's not working as well as they hoped.

Techybloke said:

Let's just move away from that for a moment I think most people are aware of that particular fact.

As for Motives
Would you agree we are meeting breaking point on earth resources and population ?
And would you also agree that the american neocons would like everything under there cosy little world view ?

I will say the NEOCONS would prefer if the planet had 3 billion tax payers who all subscribed to the American Freedom !! type of life.

Unfortunately there are way too many people on the planet to all own a car and we still have anything approaching Air to breathe

In the past a good old world war would clean things up a little but nowadays war is a dirty thing.

Its best to have a few natural disasters like Tsunami's and Earthquakes
Thro in a few viruses and I think you will get were I,m heading.

Maybe your close with the Pharms but I think this cabal includes much more than just Pharms

TB what is your point here, WHAT IS THE MOTIVE?

A vague rant against the Neocons doesn't make a motive.

Okay we haven't established a conspiracy and we haven't established a motive, Occam's razor dictates that some scientists got murdered who never met and didn't know each other and unfortunately got murdered and that's about it.

Techybloke said:
Hi JerryB

Your well up on your Kelly information then ?
have you read the transcripts of the inquiry ?

If you havent don't make assumptions
all is not as it seems.

'Don't make assumptions'? What, like the ones you're making about this whole subject? Where does it say in any of the transcripts that something was going on that backs up this supposed conspiracy to dispose of all of these scientists? Such big claims as the ones you're making require big proofs - which you haven't supplied thus far. The thing is, these deaths may not be unusual, statistically or otherwise. And, as I've said, one has to wonder at the ineptness of these 'assassinations'.

JerryB said:
...And, as I've said, one has to wonder at the ineptness of these 'assassinations'.

I agree with you on that, if they really wanted people out of the picture it'd be a lot simpler to discredit them (spread stories about dodgy research and/or immoral and/or illegal business and personal relationships) and leave them alive, protesting their innocence and making them looking increasingly look like frauds or loonies by doing so...

Timble said:
Womaniac said:

Possibly they’ve been managing with technology comparable to that on the Space Station, which needs regular input of materials and they’re now trying to set upon a self-sufficient Biosphere 2-type of environment. Or perhaps they went for the Biosphere 2 option straight away, and like its prototype on Earth it's not working as well as they hoped.

I'd like to think that if this was indeed the scenario, then one of the original scientists either grew a conscience or a set of balls and was purposely sabotaging their Biosphere and that's why they were having problems with it.

The biosphere is hot has lots of air ducts so Bruce Willis (in glasses) could play the rogue scientist who wears a dirty vest!

So, all we need to do is find a supposedly-dead British scientist who bears an uncanny resemblance to Alan Rickman and we'll have the ringleader...

I think you missed my point JerryB

I,ll make this as simple as I can for you

Do you believe Dr Kelly committed suicide ?

If you would answer my question I would be very happy indeed.

Thanks in advance

A big thanks to all for contributing to the thread.

I think we are pretty sure these men and women are dead and have not been moved into a space station. Although I must admit it made me laugh a lot when I read it.

Motive
Usual suspects really POWER amd MONEY
Killers
The Neocon right wing christians I would say.

I don,t like to say New world order but I suppose it could be refered to as that.

Lets take a look at Kellys death in detail maybe we can find a middle ground perhaps.

I don,t think there is much credence in thinking they would make a better job covering it up really becouse theres no need too.
The TV radio are controlled by the people who Run all this type of thing so its not going to go mainstream news anyway.
Its just us sad lot who read things like this.

Lets be honest did any of these people make our news in the UK except Kelly.
I can't remember any !!

Joe soap gets to see what the media wants him to see.
WE are conditioned not to ask questions just accept the news as it is.

If just 4 of these main deaths had appeared linked on mainstream news there would have been hell up.

Like it or not we are fed what the goverments and media want us to chew on daily.

We keep our heads down and accept we are in the safe hands of people who care !!!!

JerryB do you worry about Bird flu ? Sars ? the IRAN war ? Koreas WMD

We attacked Iraq cause the US told us too
If the US Neocons want something they will find a way
be sure of that.

It seems that Kelly committed suicide - however, there are dissenting opinions as to how he did this, etc. so for now it's still difficult to tell who's 'right'. One could argue that the dissenting voices only speak because Kelly was involved with providing opinion counter to the Government's, and so some assume that this means they had to dispose of him. The problem with that is that, if they wanted him rid of, they surely would have done it before he gave evidence. But hang on, that would be to obvious wouldn't it....? But hang on again, why make a good job of covering it up properly if 'they' control the media? See how such arguments end up chasing their tail?

Nevertheless, this doesn't necessarily mean that this is tied in with some big rather inept attempt to kill off a variety of scientists, at the behest of neo-cons, pharmaceutical companies, etc..

And what about bird flu? What about SARS? If the latter was some sort of bio-weapon, yet again the nefarious powers that supposedly created it made a bodge job of it. And if bird flu is the next SARS, how come the aforementioned powers haven't simply produced a hybrid strain that has made the jump to humans? All these nasty plans don't seem to work - again, it's a bit like some sort of naff plot by some James Bond-type baddie - if there's any plot at all.

Iran war? What Iran war? The Iran-Iraq War? Explain please. And what about Koreas' supposed WMD programme? What's your point?

'We' didn't attack Iraq because we were told to by the US - I think you'll find that the British govt. made a clear decision themselves to form a coalition with the US.

"TV radio are controlled by the people who Run all this type of thing "

Andrew Gilligan and the BBC might be a little surprised to hear this!
Or perhaps someone forgot to relay orders to them?

"Killers The Neocon right wing christians I would say. "

Why? What evidence is there that it was them rather than left-wing anarchist Illuminati?

I thought Kelly was involved in atomic weapons inspection, not biological.

I tried Googling for some info, but got this:
Google Error

We're sorry...
... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

Eeek! :shock:

The plot thickens.

(but I'll run a virus scan anyhow... :evil: )

Good Morning campers

HI jerry

First the Kelly murder wasnt at all well covered up it was poorly done like the rest.
Read the transcripts ! theres More holes than I have in my socks !
In most cases evidence tallies by witnesses in this case DC coe's evidence at the inquiry does not tally with anyone elses he is obviuosly lying for some reason.
Added to that the person who is questioning him does not ask any follow up questions where he contradicts the other 6 yes 6 witnesses.

OOO lets believe the nice policeman !

DC coe how many other officers where with you
answer 1 dc shields

but DC coe all the other witnesses say you were with two other officers ?
why dont they ask him this ???? he was last to the stand virtually.

DC coe was the third alledged person to see the Body
Why do the first two say the bosy was in a different posisiton when they gave evidence to Coes description ?

Like I said more holes than my socks
Theres maybe thirty such interesting blunders that can be picked up on when you read through it a few times.

How many people do you know remove their wrist watch cut thier wrist and then place the watch on top of the Knife after while they bleed to death ?

And all this is on the left hand side of the body !!!
you act it out see how stupid it is !

the forensic evidence alone deserves a new inquiry.

The same DC Coe who JUST happened to be within 200 yards of the body when it is discovered just happens to be the man in charge of the search for sensitive documents at Kellys home !!

Howe many strings to his bow does this man have ?

When asked by a fellow policeman man why he was there he had no suitable answer.

Oh and people have a lot of blood in them !!!

If they bleed to death its a messy sight

oh and yes the autopsy information is never going to made public surprise suprise !!!

Right
Sars had been in the SMALL news for months
then it made big when they felt you should Know
Bird flu has been in small news for years
It makes big when its about to make a real appearance
Iran is in the small news NOW
Not long before its in a war for sure

That was what I was getting at Jerry
You are introduced slowly to accept it and it gives them time to build a story of why we need to attack them
The NEOCONS want you to think they need attacking

The BBC has always taken every opportunity to knock a Labour goverment and always will.

Kelly was too big a story to be ignored by the press anywhere,

Back