• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Bell Inn ghost photo

konajinx

Junior Acolyte
Hey all,

Been forever since I've posted anything here, but I was doing some research on the Newby Ghost and any debunking when I came across this site with a photo from 2010 taken at the New Bell Inn Pub in Harwich Essex. I can't seem to find any more info on it. Overall, I don't put much into it, considering the guy who runs the site seems to accept a lot of easily explainable photos sent to him as "proof." Anyway, anyone have any thoughts or info on this?

http://www.ourcuriousworld.com/PDFs/052.pdf

Well she's out of proportion and out of place, why in the world she should appear in the fireplace is baffling. I suppose it could have been photoshopped or digitally altered, but if it really wasn't, then it may be a real ghost photo in my opinion which is great. i have a theory that digital cameras can capture things other cameras cannot. The colours seem clearer and its an entirely different set of physics going on. It may be easier for a spirit to manipulate digital equipment than it is to actually manifest in front of the older type of cameras, after all, its not just the capture of light, its all recorded digitally on a smart card, who's to say the spirit doesn't manipulate the camera or smart card rather than actually manifesting itself in the room.

The colours seem clearer because most digital cameras are programmed to enhance them. Only on the most expensive ones can you turn all that jiggery pokery off.

Crookshank said:
i have a theory that digital cameras can capture things other cameras cannot...
...after all, its not just the capture of light, its all recorded digitally on a smart card, who's to say the spirit doesn't manipulate the camera or smart card rather than actually manifesting itself in the room.

But how would a 17th Highwayman or kitchen maid have the technical know-how to do this? And why stop there? Why couldn't they set up their own website and manifest some avatars and pictures and forum comments?

Perhaps they do. The mods on here could all be the spirits of the departed :)

Crookshank said:
Well she's out of proportion and out of place, why in the world she should appear in the fireplace is baffling.

Well, to me she doesn't look to be "in the fireplace" - but rather a short distance in front of it. Being out of proportion, well, to answer that one we would have to know of ghosts appear "in proportion" in photographs! We can't know that, so that is a moot point.

But the fact that the faces of the other people are "intentionally blurred" makes this picture worthless as any sort of evidence, as they confirm it was doctored. Pity.

Back