• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Function: User Profile Banners

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
We've just noticed that a new user customisation has appeared, presumably following the board's last upgrade.

If you visit your personal profile page (click on your username in the pop-up window for your profile), you should find a button tagged 'Edit Profile Banner'.

Here's mine as an example.
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?members/yithian.3000/

You needn't tweak images in advance, the board will allow you to 'pick a strip' from an oversized picture. A version in different proportions will appear on your mini pop-up profile card, so it might take some trial and error to generate one that looks good in both locations.

===================================================================================

Edit: more detail.

You'll want to select either a graphic that is/could be used as a masthead, banner or 'letterhead' online or a much larger image from which you can select a 'letterbox-sized' section. Mine for instance, is an extract of a 959 by 669 pixel image; larger than necessary will be scaled nicely, smaller than required will look poor.

A 'background/wallpaper' image is preferable to a busy scene or text that could interfere with the legibility of your personal details (displayed in white) on both your 'pop-up' and 'main' profile.

To see an example of both of those, click my username ('Yithian') once to see the 'pop-up' profile, and then click on my username at the top of that pop-up card to see my main profile.

We've just noticed that a new user customisation has appeared, presumably following the board's last upgrade.

If you visit your personal profile page (click on your username in the pop-up window for your profile), you should find a button tagged 'Edit Profile Banner'.

Here's mine as an example.
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?members/yithian.3000/

You needn't tweak images in advance, the board will allow you to 'pick a strip' from an oversized picture. A version in different proportions will appear on your mini pop-up profile card, so it might take some trial and error to generate one that looks good in both locations.
Oooh, how very Facebookian! (It's a word because I say it's a word).

This is just a bump to say that only a small number of members have taken advantage of this new customisation.

In case this is a product of people having not spotted the announcement, I'll bring it to the surface again.

I have one but as I still have little idea about the board's workings apart from dragging the Limericks thread ever lower in tone that's as far as I got with the technical stuff.

I have one but as I still have little idea about the board's workings apart from dragging the Limericks thread ever lower in tone that's as far as I got with the technical stuff.

Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 10.35.47 PM.jpg

Works perfectly.

:twothumbs:

Nice view in yours, Skargy!

Just been fiddling, easy to do, and i am as thick as pig poo at anything fancy :p

Back