• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Newspaper Clippings... Oh, And A Favour, Please?

@DrPaulLee I take it the clipping I shared above isn't the story you're looking for then, or was it a clipping you'd already seen? It seems like a good match: Turbus Road, poltergeist, 1980.

Thanks for the clipping, which I'd already found.

Unfortunately the clipping I wanted was in "The News of the World" which is only searchable by going through it page by page on microfilm.

The only clue I have is that it was at least a couple of years before 1987.

I don't even know if it's the same story or same building. My hunch, based on past experience, is when a major national newspaper runs a local story, the local papers quickly clamour and converge on the news source so as to not look like they've missed out. The local papers then print their own version a few days after the national news.

Not in this case it seems.

Intriguing and I thought I'd take a delve. This website has a mention of a haunting at "a private residence close to the docks". A quick look at a street map indicates Turbus Road isn't far away from the waterfront?

https://paranormaldatabase.com/hotspots/kingslynn.php

Also, just recalled there is actually a full feature on Haunted King's Lynn in FT415. This would have been around January 2022, so would not have been available to the OP when this thread was started. Wondering if further info could be that close to hand!

Back