• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Next Fortean subject to be made into film?

*Looks into crysal ball*, "I see a film about a certain code,Italian sounding name,.................no its gone all fuzzy...........sorry,no that was the book :D "

Not strictly 'fortean' but having heard there's a prize for a British horror film script worth making a friend and I mooted the idea of one set on a backdrop of the Falklands war. It's fast becoming my generation's Korea - forgotten.

I like the idea of a film about Gef the Mongoose, when I started this thread I considered suggesting it myself, but decided not to ;) And about my previous suggestion of me making a film about Fort, I've not done anything about it, except deciding that it should be called "HOY", to intrigue potential viewers.

I do like the idea of making a nice horror movie (fictional is fine, but based on some 'real' Fortean subject), but I only ever seem to end up thinking about ghosts.

Colin said:
I'm not sure if such a thread has been done before (had a quick look, but I'm terrible at searching), but what do you think the next Fortean topic will be transformed into the world of film? I decided to post it after my last post to the White Noise/EVP thread ;)

The only ones I can think of right now:
Faeries (bad/"real" sort)
Those death worms I can't remember the name of

I'm sure the rest of you have a better memory than me, and more suggestions ;)

A serious film about Remote Viewing would be intresting, or a good take on 17th century Witch hunting, although this would be more historical than Fortean. :idea:

Next Fortean subject to be made into a film? Unusual growths on the head and face:

The Boy With The Horn (2006), starring Canoo Reeves. :D

Wow! I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dog-Headed Men. They seem to pop up in every other thread.

leeh said:
A serious film about Remote Viewing would be intresting,

Suspect Zero?

Ben Kingsley is part of a team of remote viewers hired by the FBI to help solve crimes. While others get to focus on drug dealers and terrorists, Ben gets to remote view serial killers. Not surprisingly, he goes mad. Quite a grim little movie.

Contagious Spontaeneous Human Combustion would make a good horror film.

Back