• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Obama 'Birtherism' & Associated Conspiracy Theories

As crazy as only bat droppings can be.

Hawaii plane crash fuels Obama 'birther' theories

The lone fatality in a Cessna crash off Hawaii was Loretta Fuddy, the state public health director who verified President Obama's birth certificate. The birther movement seizes on the news.

When President Obama marched into the White House briefing room with his Hawaiian birth certificate in April 2011, he said: "I know that there's going to be a segment of people for which, no matter what we put out, this issue will not be put to rest."

How right he was. The release of his long-form birth certificate did not eliminate the "birther" movement, which wrongly contends that Obama was born in Kenya and is therefore ineligible to be president. Although conspiracists had demanded its release, once he made public the document it merely shifted the debate. Some birthers accused Obama of forgery, while others turned their focus to his college transcripts in hopes of proving that he had applied for admission as a foreign student. (He had not.)

And this week, birthers seized on a plane crash off Hawaii that killed one person: state public health Director Loretta Fuddy, the woman who verified the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate.

Skeptics turned to social media Thursday to suggest that Obama had played some role in Fuddy's death. Twitter posts included: "The WH tying up loose ends?" "What did she really know?" and "R.I.P. Loretta Fuddy — we'll know the truth about Barack Hussein Obama, regardless."

Donald Trump, a longtime doubter of Obama's birthplace, also weighed in on Twitter: "How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama's 'birth certificate' died in plane crash today. All others lived."

That reaction didn't surprise those who study conspiracy theorists.

Mark Fenster, University of Florida law professor who wrote a book on conspiracy theories, said adherents will search for evidence to support their beliefs, and each piece of news can give their theory new life.

"The theories themselves are a process of stitching together individual facts to form a larger narrative, and this is just one more fact that gets linked to the chain," Fenster said.

Fuddy, 65, was among nine people in a Cessna that crashed into the ocean Wednesday, shortly after leaving Kalaupapa Airport on the island of Molokai about 3:15 p.m. The eight others on the plane, including the pilot, were rescued, but Fuddy "remained in the fuselage of the plane," Honolulu Fire Capt. Terry Seelig told KHON-TV. "It's always a difficult situation when you're not able to get everybody out."

On Thursday, Lt. William Juan with the Maui Police Department said that Fuddy's body had been recovered from the wreckage and that an autopsy would be conducted.

Full article:
LA Times

Larry Sinclair & Barack Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lrf8DbrJH0

I strongly recommend that you watch the video without first reading the description or comments. I almost choked on my dried mango when he reached the climax of the story.

What happened to this chap and his claims?

I watched that vid, Pt1. No desire to see the rest. Seems like an unlikely scenario. If there was anything to it the Koch brothers would have the full story. Actually the Koch brothers are probably behind this guy.

Whats the point in Obama suing? Even if you win yiu lose as you give the guy a national platform to repeat his allegations.

The guy admits that he legally changed his name twice to other names. He then legally changed his name back to his own.

He has convictions and has gone to prison for bouncing and forging cheques.

He has convictions and has gone to prison for possessing and dealing in drugs.

Perhaps hes not the most convincing of characters.

ramonmercado said:
If there was anything to it the Koch brothers would have the full story. Actually the Koch brothers are probably behind this guy.

So many jokes I won't bother...

Mythopoeika said:
ramonmercado said:
If there was anything to it the Koch brothers would have the full story. Actually the Koch brothers are probably behind this guy.

So many jokes I won't bother...

Bugger off! :D

He doesn't sound like the most reliable of witnesses, from what you say.

If Obama had a few gay flings, so what? These people are just hoping that Obama will deny it so he can be impeached.

This is like the Monica Lewinsky scandal that was used to lever out Clinton. People on the side of the Republicans may be employing a few dirty tactics to remove Obama before another election. I'm not saying this is the official Republican tactic, mind you.

Larry Sinclair gay crack-whore claims & orphan CT threads merged. Title amended.

P_M

Conspiracy theorists claim Loretta Fuddy, the Hawaii state health director was murdered by the Obama administration because she released the birth certificate to the public.

Here's a video from the aftermath of the plane crash she was in, which is supposed to show she was murdered by a scuba diver while floating in the sea.

The quality of the video is of course so bad it's not conclusive.

What about the other passengers who survived? Wouldn't they be witnesses to it?
That video shows nothing, as far as I can tell.

And now a Nikki Haley birther conspiracy.

Republican presidential hopeful Nikki Haley has called her rival Donald Trump "insecure" after he spread false claims that she is not eligible to be US president.

The former president shared a "birther" conspiracy theory questioning her eligibility because her parents were not born in the country. But Ms Haley was born in the US, which means she can run for office.

Asked about the attacks on CNN, Ms Haley said: "I know President Trump well...That's what he does when he feels threatened". She added: "That's what he does when he feels insecure."

For years, Mr Trump pushed a false conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama, who was born in Hawaii, had forged his birth certificate and was born in Kenya.

Ms Haley is Mr Trump's closest rival in the next contest of the Republican race to be the party's presidential nominee. Voters in New Hampshire will select their candidate on Tuesday and although Ms Haley has narrowed the gap, polling still suggests the former president has a substantial lead.

Since Ms Haley's popularity has risen in the state, Mr Trump has ramped up his attacks on his former UN Ambassador, who was born in South Carolina to immigrant parents from India. Those born in the US are eligible for office.

In addition to spreading an article claiming Ms Haley cannot run for president, Mr Trump also referred to her by her birth name, Nimarata, calling her "Nikki 'Nimrada' Haley" on his social media platform Truth Social. Ms Haley's middle name is Nikki.

When Mr Trump first shared an article questioning Ms Haley's eligibility for office last week, Laurence Tribe, a constitutional expert at Harvard Law School told NBC the "birther" claims were totally baseless.

"I can't imagine what Trump hopes to gain by those claims unless it's to play the race card against the former governor and UN ambassador as a woman of colour - and to draw on the wellsprings of anti-immigrant prejudice by reminding everyone that Haley's parents weren't citizens when she was born in the USA," he added.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68031450

*Ahem* While this whole thread is technically political, we (the mods) have decided to let it stand, including the latest post, as properly conspiratorial.

That being said, do NOT make us lock this thread permanently. We'll be keeping an eye out.

That is all.

Back