• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Objectophilia / Objectum Sexuality: Loving & 'Marrying' Inanimate Objects

I know someone who is obsessed with his car. He valets it every Sunday and spends all day doing it. Before he drives it, he admires it from a short distance away. Is that similar to what you are explaining?
We have a neighbour who's always washing his car. As he's slightly uphill from us the run-off of water and foam passes our drive to the grid.
When I see it I think 'Hmm, Alan really does love that car.' :reyes:

We have a neighbour who's always washing his car. As he's slightly uphill from us the run-off of water and foam passes our drive to the grid.

Check the exhaust pipe for evidence!

Also, there's a new season of Sex Actually on UK Channel4 starting tonight, and I believe one of the episodes will deal with companion doll relationships. Object relationships are certainly becoming more present in the public consciousness, and inevitably will become more mainstream as technology develops. Cool :)

I doubt it, he probably just says that to get it into bed.

I'm not sure that marriage is in his future plans. Some say he's 'barking' mad.

Naked man busted having ‘sex’ with tree in busy UK park​

A British man has been arrested after reportedly stripping off to share an intimate moment with a tree stump in busy public park.

A naked man was arrested for allegedly kissing, caressing and having passionate “sex” with a tree at a popular public park in England — horrifying onlookers and baffling police.
The nature lover was caught on camera peeling off his clothes and rubbing his body against the stump of a conifer in Queen Elizabeth Gardens earlier this week, cops told walesonline.co.uk.

“I was just walking in the park with one of my mates and we saw a man hugging a tree and thought it was interesting,” a witness told the publication.

“We walked closer and as we did, we saw his pants down.

“I started recording and he just started taking off all his clothes and kissing the tree. After I stopped recording, the police turned up and started following the man around then arrested him.’’
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...k/news-story/4069cbded25c6061e028363d56b4ac96

A woman who describes herself as “ecosexual” believes she is in the midst of a love affair with an oak tree

The woman, Sonja Semyonova, 45, claims she connected with the tree during her lonely, solo walks in the summer of 2021. Those walks began in 2020, during the coronavirus pandemic. It was the same year that she moved to Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.

“I was walking a path near the tree five days a week for the whole winter. I noticed a connection with the tree,” she said, explaining that she had been “craving that rush of erotic energy that comes when you meet a new partner, and that is not sustainable.”

“The presence I feel with the tree is what I’m looking for, but that’s a fantasy with a person,” she said, further describing her experience with the tree.

https://www.breitbart.com/pre-viral...she-is-in-an-erotic-relationship-with-a-tree/

maximus otter

A woman who describes herself as “ecosexual” believes she is in the midst of a love affair with an oak tree

The woman, Sonja Semyonova, 45, claims she connected with the tree during her lonely, solo walks in the summer of 2021. Those walks began in 2020, during the coronavirus pandemic. It was the same year that she moved to Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.

“I was walking a path near the tree five days a week for the whole winter. I noticed a connection with the tree,” she said, explaining that she had been “craving that rush of erotic energy that comes when you meet a new partner, and that is not sustainable.”

“The presence I feel with the tree is what I’m looking for, but that’s a fantasy with a person,” she said, further describing her experience with the tree.

https://www.breitbart.com/pre-viral...she-is-in-an-erotic-relationship-with-a-tree/

maximus otter
Otherwise known as 'Barking!'

maximus otter

Oak tree? She's nuts!

maximus otter
She was looking for a tree that could give her wood.

I note that nobody asked the tree how it felt about the whole thing.
All good things come in t'rees!
1703785459057.png

Last edited:

maximus otter
I would say this is just another sub-variety of objectum sexuality. Good for her.

I wonder what connections there are between the sensation of spirits, religion, objectum sexuality, autism, and synesthesia. I suspect that the same parts of the brain are used in some supernatural encounters/sense of the divine and objectums, it's just that the erotic element is no longer socially acceptable (who has sex with gods anymore?)

Last edited:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/27170050/woman-married-zombie-doll-weds-again-second-doll/

I know this lady, she's one of the more high-profile OS and has done many interviews etc. She's also been quite controversial in the OS community because of her dolls. However, she's harmless and a nice person, quite empathic and happy with her relationships.

I do worry that many of the media outlets that interview her are just using her for sensational 'outrage-clicks' and unsurprisingly she gets lots of abuse online through them. I wish the media was more responsible and caring, but that's never going to happen (esp with the likes of the Sun).

I would say this is just another sub-variety of objectum sexuality. Good for her.

I wonder what connections there are between the sensation of spirits, religion, objectum sexuality, autism, and synesthesia. I suspect that the same parts of the brain are used in some supernatural encounters/sense of the divine and objectums, it's just that the erotic element is no longer socially acceptable (who has sex with gods anymore?)
Did you ever watch David Cronenberg's film CRASH? .. yuppies (James Spader and Holly Hunter) have a car accident, they were getting bored of their sex lives before but somehow start to become sexually aroused by car accident recreations, causing car crashes and people's scars from them. One memorable scene set in the desert has an underground movement that meet up to watch re enactments of James Dean and Jane Mansfield's accidents.

Last edited:
No, I can't say I've watched that or read the Ballard book it is based upon (though it is on my to-read list).

Such a thing would seem different to objectum sexuality, and would likely fall under the category of a fetish - though the exact differences between orientations, sexualities, paraphilias, fetishes and kinks seems very blurry and confused to me (and, of course, there's nothing wrong with fetishes and kinks).

No, I can't say I've watched that or read the Ballard book it is based upon (though it is on my to-read list).

Such a thing would seem different to objectum sexuality, and would likely fall under the category of a fetish - though the exact differences between orientations, sexualities, paraphilias, fetishes and kinks seems very blurry and confused to me (and, of course, there's nothing wrong with fetishes and kinks).
The film/story did come across more as a fetish thing. It starts with an accident when the husband of a woman goes through the windscreen and into James Spader's and dies. The survivors are taken to the same hospital, Spader meets the widow of the dead man, has sex with her on the bonnet of the impounded wrecked car because the tragedy itself has become somehow erotic to them then everyone involved start to meet 'others like them'. I doubt we're ever going to see a LEGO remake of this one.

This video starts of with a woman who loves a bridge before going on instead to discuss CRASH.

Last edited:
The film/story did come across more as a fetish thing. It starts with an accident when the husband of a woman goes through the windscreen and into James Spader's and dies. The survivors are taken to the same hospital, Spader meets the widow of the dead man, has sex with her on the bonnet of the impounded wrecked car because the tragedy itself has become somehow erotic to them then everyone involved start to meet 'others like them'. I doubt we're ever going to see a LEGO remake of this one.

This video starts of with a woman who loves a bridge before going on instead to discuss CRASH.

Oh I think that's Erika Eiffel, one of the most famous OS. She was treated pretty badly by the media back in the day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erika_Eiffel

Back