• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

I drive past that roundabout too and I've never seen her, maybe she's an apperition that ony certain people see. :)

My goodness, we all live near the Black Cat roundabout. :shock:

Just to clear it up. She wasn't standing on the Black Cat Roundabout :lol:
I was only mentioning it so people could figure out where Roxton is. She stood in Roxton at a bus stop, near a T-junction. If it wasn't Roxton it must have been the next nearest village but I'm sure it was Roxton.

Just a little extra about the BCR. When we lived in Wyboston in 1993, there was actually a dead black cat lying just before the roundabout for weeks!

Dingo667 said:
Just to clear it up. She wasn't standing on the Black Cat Roundabout :lol:

Now that would be Fortean. :lol:

I have another to add!

On the bus home from work today, an old lady got on with a pram. I didn't pay much attention, until the girl sat in front of me said "OMG, she's got cats!" Under her breath. Yep, the little old lady had a pram with a mesh cover full of cats! :shock:

My wife had cats. Took me years to cure her :)

Ronson8 you are on the money with that :lol: They seem to love me, maybe I'm one of them but don't know it yet ;)

cherrybomb said:
On the bus home from work today, an old lady got on with a pram. I didn't pay much attention, until the girl sat in front of me said "OMG, she's got cats!" Under her breath. Yep, the little old lady had a pram with a mesh cover full of cats! :shock:
I already posted on one of the earlier Strange Folk threads that I sometimes see a woman on the buses here with a dog in a pram.

But last time I saw her, I saw something I'd not noticed before - it's not a regular baby pram (although it looks like one), but one specifically intended for pets! There must be a lot of these women about if manufacturers find it worthwhile to market buggies specially for pets!

cherrybomb said:
Ronson8 you are on the money with that :lol: They seem to love me, maybe I'm one of them but don't know it yet ;)
It's like spotting the rube in the poker game, isn't it? If you don't know who it is, then it must be you. Likewise, if you can't see a weirdo on the bus, you must be the weirdo.

:lol: The bus was rather empty yesterday and the few people on it looked rather normal, so I did actually think to myself "Ah! today I'm the nutter" lol!!

Actually, the depressing thing is how many nutters I see on the bus. I've always thought it would be me, but there's usually some other nutter there for people to worry about.

Glancing around the laundrette yesterday, I quickly surmised that I was the nutter de jour, until a rather rotund gentleman bent over to empty his machine. He had a tear in his jeans from below one of his back pockets right through to the bottom of the zipper...

He was obviously in the laundrette because he's run out of underwear...

I'll pass on the walnuts this year

:shock:

Cultjunky said:
a rather rotund gentleman bent over to empty his machine. He had a tear in his jeans from below one of his back pockets right through to the bottom of the zipper...

He was obviously in the laundrette because he's run out of underwear...
Drat! I meant to sew them up before I went out... :oops:

I really didn't want to be pecan at that :lol:

This evenings Look North (for Yorkshire & Lincolnshire) had a impassioned if not eccentric debate on public naturism, and a world record for pancake tossing.

Its not normally that lively.

Link here but page says 'coming soon'.

:roll:

There's a couple of guys I sometimes see around the Falmouth/Truro area who appear to be brothers, possibly twins. Middle-aged, short, stocky, glasses, and they're almost always dressed identically, so I think of them as Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee!

rynner2 said:
There's a couple of guys I sometimes see around the Falmouth/Truro area who appear to be brothers, possibly twins. Middle-aged, short, stocky, glasses, and they're almost always dressed identically, so I think of them as Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee!

Do they have grinning pet cats?

My 20+ year old son had been partying late and went home by bicycle. He told me this:

I was cycling home along the path at XXX and a man came cycling in the opposite direction. He passed me and I was listening to music and didn't pay notice. Then he must have made a U-turn because he was cycling along with me and he said: "You have cursed me ... you are going to hell." And then he made a U-turn again and disappeared into the darkness.

I thought it would be more logical to say: "You have cursed me ... I am going to hell ..." but my son disagrees. My theory was that this look like a symptom of schizophrenia. And also it might be a weird kind of art performance. Imagine someone driving through Rotterdam all night saying this to everyone he meets :D

No, he means Wowbagger, the infinitely prolonged. Who accidentally became immortal, and made it his mission to insult the inhabitants of the universe, individually, in alphabetical order. cf. Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Back