• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oh, The Irony

I'm not sure that opposing 'gay marriage' always equates to homophobia.

I attended (for a short time) a church that I found on my local LGBT website links. Some of the folks there were openly gay, but there were a lot of hetero attendees too. Of course the gay marriage debate came up. Some folks were adamant that they would follow church policy (the church has an extensive refugee/asylum programme and support structure, so the vast majority of attendees came from a variety of Christian denominations) of whichever denomination they personally came from. Some folks were adamant that they supported the idea of gay marriage, and some were opposed. Never did I experience any homophobia, those opposing gay marriage would nonetheless attend and support the churchs' Pride participation.

http://allhallowsleeds.org.uk/

042.JPG

Oh Ramon, you're missed on the pun thread.

Jimv I luffs ya. Chill

Now you are just making stuff up. He has never been against legal immigration, which has more than doubled in recent years. Sorry that you don't understand.

I understand that he wants to pull the ladder up after him. His ancestors wouldn't have gotten into the US under the restrictions he proposes and supports.

Actually all immigrants since the 15th Century could be classified as illegal aliens; ethnically cleansing those who had been there for more than 10,000 years.

Remember Sitting bull, Crazy Horse and Geronimo!

I'm not sure that opposing 'gay marriage' always equates to homophobia.

I attended (for a short time) a church that I found on my local LGBT website links. Some of the folks there were openly gay, but there were a lot of hetero attendees too. Of course the gay marriage debate came up. Some folks were adamant that they would follow church policy (the church has an extensive refugee/asylum programme and support structure, so the vast majority of attendees came from a variety of Christian denominations) of whichever denomination they personally came from. Some folks were adamant that they supported the idea of gay marriage, and some were opposed. Never did I experience any homophobia, those opposing gay marriage would nonetheless attend and support the churchs' Pride participation.

http://allhallowsleeds.org.uk/

042.JPG

Oh Ramon, you're missed on the pun thread.

Jimv I luffs ya. Chill

I guess some things are more complicated!

must get back to rhat thread but it seems forced there!

I luv Jimv as well but he cn be crankier than me at times. (imho!)

I understand that he wants to pull the ladder up after him. His ancestors wouldn't have gotten into the US under the restrictions he proposes and supports.

Actually all immigrants since the 15th Century could be classified as illegal aliens; ethnically cleansing those who had been there for more than 10,000 years.

Remember Sitting bull, Crazy Horse and Geronimo!

As long as you only understand the rhetoric and nothing about reality. You obviously know nothing because no new information has been rendered. Thanks but it would be futile to ever try and communicate with someone as close-minded again and not to mention a waste of time. :eek:

As long as you only understand the rhetoric and nothing about reality. You obviously know nothing because no new information has been rendered. Thanks but it would be futile to ever try and communicate with someone as close-minded again and not to mention a waste of time. :eek:

Gee you really are devastating with your ripostes.

Anyway I hope the First Peoples deport you.

Now now, don't start... :D

You'd have to buy a second plastic cutter to open the first packet - and then a third to open the second one, etc, etc...
Eventually you'd run out of money and still not have a cutter out of its packaging! :eek:

I've just bought some super-duper extra-sharp all-purpose scissors which I'd LOVE to use but I can't until I find my old scissors to open the packaging with...

I've just bought some super-duper extra-sharp all-purpose scissors which I'd LOVE to use but I can't until I find my old scissors to open the packaging with...

pfft ... relax ... all you need is one of these! ..

super cutter.jpg

Last edited:
The side of a plastic pack of ham slices can cut through anything. I discovered this when they slit open my shopping bags on the way home. Carrying out further tests, I have found that it takes only 4 packs to cut a Volvo in half.

Rob Konrad: Ex-Miami Dolphin falls off boat, swims nine miles
Former Miami Dolphins running back Rob Konrad swam nine miles to shore after falling off his boat while fishing.
Konrad, 38, swam the equivalent of 290 lengths of an Olympic-size swimming pool after his 36-foot boat, which was on auto pilot, drifted away from him off the South Florida coast.
The United States Coast Guard reported that friends became concerned when he failed to return for dinner.
After up to 12 hours in the water, he had treatment for hypothermia symptoms.
He played 82 games for the Dolphins between 1999-2004.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/30744474

(Putting my CG hat on for a moment:-
It's worth rigging some sort of kill-cord arrangement if your boat is on autopilot. Exactly how would depend on the boat's layout, and the type of fishing being practised. Probably best to have a mate along.)

A cinema has apologised after a 12-year-old wheelchair user was unable to watch the Stephen Hawking biopic The Theory of Everything.

Joseph France, who has cerebral palsy, wanted to see the film at the Odeon, Harrogate, but it was on a screen that did not have disabled access.

He said: "Why would they show a film about disability and put it in a screen that is not disabled accessible?"

Odeon said the building was listed and could not be modified.

His mother, Kelly Jones, wanted to take her son to see the film at the North Yorkshire cinema on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-30880250

Man scattering ashes at Port William swept out to sea
A fifty-one-year-old man is missing after being swept out to sea while scattering ashes in North Cornwall.

The man was last seen at Port William, near Tintagel, when he was caught by a large wave late on Saturday afternoon.

Two other members of the group he was with went into the sea in an attempt to rescue him but were unsuccessful.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-31080232

Already posted, in Lone CG thread... ;)

‘Power Rangers’ actor arrested for allegedly killing roommate with sword

Story here

Palmdale police have arrested a former ‘Power Rangers Samurai‘ TV star for allegedly stabbing his roommate with a sword and killing him, reports TMZ.
Ricardo Medina, 37, was taken into custody by L.A. County Sheriff’s deputies in Palmdale, CA. after reportedly stabbing his roommate Joshua Sutter following a fight.

According to authorities, Medina retreated into his bedroom with his girlfriend after fighting with Sutter, but when Sutter forced his way into the room, Medina stabbed him once in the abdomen with a sword.

Medina then called 911 and surrendered to deputies, after which he was arrested and booked for murder.

Sutter was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Medina was the Red Ranger on the popular action show for children.

Was it murder or self defence? Sounds a bit like the latter.

Back