• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Pasquale Piñón: Man With "Two Heads"

A

Anonymous

In the gallery on this website under 'strange folk' there is a picture of pascal pinon, is this photo definitely genuine as I haven't heard much about him before??

Can anyone think of any advantages 2 heads would be??

..and if he committed a crime, what would the id parade look like??

I hate to say this but IMHO that looks suspiciously like a hat.

Niles

That photo has intrigued me too... :confused:

The only reference to Pascal Pinon I've found is here which is a book review. One of the stories is based on his life. Anyone read the book and care to comment?

He's mentioned in "The Big Book for Freaks" (in the same series as "The Big Book of Urban Legends, collected stories told in comic book form). He was a farm worker or something, and he had a huge tumor on his forehead. He drew a face on it and toured the country.

Looks like a surreal kind of Elvis hairstyle to me . . .:p

Carole

Link in post #1 above is long dead. Here's a photo which may or may not be the one cited. For more information on
Piñón see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasqual_Piñón

Pasqual_Pinon_portrait.png

I'm sure I saw this image described as an artwork rather than an emulsion photograph (unless that was an artist's impression of an originating photograph).

Is that a 1917 copyright logoform "SFC"? Admittedly that could've been penned-in to a production negative during wet processing, and some old pictures do have hallmarks like this. But it's also consistent with a 2D art piece, done using india ink/charcoal/chalks, in a slghtly pointalist style.

Teratogenic/semi-chimeric twins: would this morphology be biologically feasible, as depicted here?

I can see how a peri-fœtal inter-cranial bond could occur (as per the Two-Headed Boy of Bengal) with the resultant mutual inversion, but how could the two fœtuses occur, co-orthoskeletally, and there be a viable human living to middle age or later? Put another way- surely there would be an under-developed skeleton (tiny spine/limbs etc) extending into and between the brain hemispheres of it's host? Also, how would there be sufficient vascularisation to support even a non-animated parasitic head, upon a host head? Shared neck, Zaphod style, yes. But I question the long-term viability of this duplex existence.

... Teratogenic/semi-chimeric twins: would this morphology be biologically feasible, as depicted here? ...

I don't think so. The combination of relative 'inter-twin' orientation / symmetry and intersection along the sagittal line of one skull don't correlate with any case I've ever seen (and I've seen a number of very strange such cases).

It's been years - maybe decades - since I last read about the Piñón case. The explanation I recall was that the second 'head' was a protruding tumor or mass of skull / scalp tissues whose blunt end was made to look like a second face with makeup and / or minor surgical modification(s).

Seems that Ron Perlman has invented time travel. And took Guillermo Del Toro along for the ride.

Back