• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Planet X - Nibiru Thread

coldelephant said:
Seems like the writer has amalgamated a number of stories from the news and put them together, then used the politicians name and gotten photographs of the politician with other politicians; then posted the lot to the website author.

Either that or the author of the website itself has made it all up.

Just one question - why is it always 2012 for these newer end-of-the-world prophecies?

The Mayan calendar ends december 21st 2012 which has made a lot of new age conspiracy theoreticians seemingly lose their marbles.

excellent! lol. So why are top politicians farting around climate change and oil production initiatives? ;)

Bertie_Akbar said:
excellent! lol. So why are top politicians farting around climate change and oil production initiatives? ;)

Well, if you believe that website article - then it is pretty much a case of all the governments lying to us and pretending to do things whilst they surrepticiously snaffle resources and bury them in sealed chambers beneath the ground.

2012 & Planet-X

Hi folks,

I have written quite a lot about both of these topics in the last few years and have a pretty good understanding of both. For a good look at P-X lore and information try 'Dark Star' by Andy Lloyd, he expresses the most reasonable explanation. If P-X is a dust shrouded Red Dwarf twin to our Sol, then we are a binary system which NASA has shown to be the case for the vast majority of known star systems. If a dust cloud shrouded proto-star is on a vast elliptical orbit then it may at times interact with us, over cycles of many thousands of years. Amateur astronomers do not have a hope of seeing this unless they have very special infra-red spectrum observatory equipment. Ironically one of the best place to look for it is from the major Australian observatory named 'Wormwood'. I say 'ironically' because in the bible this is the name of a destructive body appearing in the time of revelations.

Such an object would not come near us in cosmic terms, its not going to hit us in a few years time, but it will have energetic interactions with other solar system bodies including the sun and by such default with us also. Cosmic warming has already been observed as a new phenomena http://2012rising.com/article/is-global ... l-it-seems

As for 2012 itself that is a large topic and has many twists and tuns in it. I have written a piece that some find useful for getting acquainted with 2012 lore and origins. Without the fear factor that many such articles carry!
http://2012rising.com/2012

In a major shift of any sort I do not hold with the idea that its best to crawl into converted nuclear bunkers and simple hole up. If you were in the wrong location it could still end in disaster, and frankly many people do not wish to live like moles. Also if this is a long term plan the powers that be should acquaint themselves better with reproductive genetically factors and precise hormonal process in this area. It has been shown that women underground start to become infertile due to a lack of specific wavelengths of solar radiation helping control fertility cycles and the way hormones bring about changes. Long term an underground culture is doomed.

Assuming they return to the surface they will be unprepared for it unlike the hardy participants of any major change events. What will the surface dwellers make of their retuning brethren that hid in the bunkers?

I will say that the major governments have been up to all sorts of things and that we should put nothing past them. Bear in mind that an enormous percentage of public sector officials are members of secret societies, many with their own mysterious views about Egyptian magic and Hebrew mysticism. These people would certainly be aware of the links between major structures and 2012 alignments. Certainly moderately high Masons even would be aware of the 2012 alignments with Mexican and Egyptian ancient sites.

I am happy to see these topics being discussed here as a reader of FT for a decade and a proud attendee of an Unconvention in London.

Bear in mind that an enormous percentage of public sector officials are members of secret societies, many with their own mysterious views about Egyptian magic and Hebrew mysticism.

interesting - i have just read about NASA having strong links to Egyptian mysticism and using missions to fly spacecraft around Mars and the Moon to honour specific alignments concerned with these religions. This was put forward by Richard Hoagland in this book "Dark Mission : The secret history of NASA". However I didn't believe a word of it. What is it with secret societies and ancient Egypt? Where are all the lizards? ;)

Re: 2012 & Planet-X

BruceFenton said:
Bear in mind that an enormous percentage of public sector officials are members of secret societies, many with their own mysterious views about Egyptian magic and Hebrew mysticism.

That's a pretty bold statement. I presume you have the facts and figures to back this up?

Dr_Baltar said:
BruceFenton said:

That's a pretty bold statement. I presume you have the facts and figures to back this up?

I was just about to post that, as a regular Fortean, I'm sure Bruce has a slew of sources to back up that statement.

Dr_Baltar said:
BruceFenton said:

It is, indeed. As is reference to a Red Dwarf, Binary Twin, to the Sun, causing Global Warming on Mars, which you referenced above.

http://2012rising.com/article/is-global-warming-all-it-seems

Any actual evidence for increased Climate activity on Mars, that you could point to, too?

Bold statement indeed

"Bear in mind that an enormous percentage of public sector officials are members of secret societies, many with their own mysterious views about Egyptian magic and Hebrew mysticism."

Agreed, its an unsubstantiated statement and impossible to back up as by definition secret societies will never reveal all of their exact numbers and positions. Rather I should say that 'a number' of public sector officials are members of secret societies and that these societies have connections to aforementioned mysticism.

The Masons are of course only one sect, but this link gives some interesting approximate numbers of lodges and admitted members for that group. As for Templars, Rosicrucian's, Scroll & Key and all the others one does not know, sorry for the misleading statement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2066846.stm

Re: Mars climate change

BruceFenton said:
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/mars_snow_011206-1.html

I suggest a quick google of the subject rather than me posting the dozens of links!

http://www.darkstar1.co.uk/

No need to post a lot of links - just read this:

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mmayancalendar.html

There is no known historical prophecy of any changes at all (as in written down in historical texts either Mayan or Spanish) regarding the end of the Mayan long count calendar, and the correct date and year of the end is not completely certain. I'd compare it to those earth shattering events that happened on Jan 1, 2000. You had to turn a page on a calendar then get on with your life.

And as to planet X or a red dwarf on an eccentric orbit that is supposed to periodically bring it into close contact with the inner planets... look up at the sky at night. Note how all the visible planets move in regular circular orbits in roughly the same plane. This wouldn't happen if there was a large mass swinging by to pay us a visit every few millennia.

The fact that the Mayan calendar comes to an end in 2012 does not in itself mean very much. It is just possible that is as far as the calendar makers/astrologers had got before their own civilisation crumbled...

And yes... what Markbellis said... :)

Perhaps we should reserve som Schadenfreude for new year 2012/13 and have some real fun with these conspiracists then. It will be like the year 2000 all over again.

SameOldVardoger said:
Perhaps we should reserve som Schadenfreude for new year 2012/13 and have some real fun with these conspiracists then. It will be like the year 2000 all over again.
Let's wait 'til 2013/14, before we start, though. ;)

This is all such fun!

I've been reading 'The Illuminatus! Trilogy' (very funny book by the way, it is a sci-fi comedy along the lines of Douglas Adams, but written years before he wrote HHGTTG).

According to that, the reason why Egyptians and Mayans used pyramids is for sacrificial ceremonies as part of a transcendental illumination thing, i.e. you slaughter lots of people and the resulting emotions catapault you into pure energy form.

The book even makes reference to the Mayan wheel of life, etc; and to politicians and governments being part of the various groups (inc Masons) being manipulated by the Illuminati to control all progress, ideas, innovation and freedom of thought in order to ensure they can cause wars and stuff so that they can have their mass slaughter and become 'gods'.

Seems to me like a few people have read this set of books since 1974 and all sorts of conspiracy theories have been born of it - or amalgamated into it...

Fascinating stuff.

So if you want to believe in the theories presented in this sci-fi comedy classic, then perhaps the governments are keeping secret about the whole thing so that we all die and they can become gods.

Which would make them a complete bunch of tossers. :twisted:

I desperately want Illuminatus! to be true. I think it is.

Zecharia Sitchin

Hi,

I've yet to read any of Zecharai Sitchins books, but am planning to do so.
It seems he has written loads! Including "The Earths Chronicles"

I'm just wondering if anyone might have any suggestions on what to read first? Book by book from the beginning, or is there a later book at some stage that sums it all up??

Being on a Tom Thumb Shoe String Budget at the mo, I cant afford to buy the same book more than once, as it were!!

Thanks, Firefly

Firefly, I'd strongly advise you not to bother, except for amusement. Like Immanuel Velikovsky, Sitchin has a considerable familiarity with ancient religious Hebrew and other writings, but due to his own pre-existing religious convictions places reliance on their literalness and accuracy far beyond, and interprets both them and any relevant archaeological evidence very differently than, what any other experts in those fields accept. Also like Velikovsky, his (lack of) knowledge of the physical sciences in general and astronomy in particular lead him to make very unlikely or physically impossible propositions to accord with his interpretations of the historical "evidence."

It's possible that he may have come up with a few nuggets of genuine interest from these ancient texts and tablets, but they're buried in mountains of dross, and one would need to know quite a lot about archaeology & ancient history, and astronomy & related topics, to have a chance of spotting them.

I believe it's said that historians generally dismiss Velikovsky's historical postulations out of hand, but find some of his astronomical ones intriguing, while those of an astronomical bent (like myself) think the opposite. (I suspect that there may just possibly be something in Velikovsky's critique of the standard Egyptian chronology, not least because I've seen similar suggestions coming from other, seemingly independent, sources and disciplines.) If you've already read any of Velikovsky's books, be warned that Sitchkin's are generally much longer and harder to follow, not to mention printed in smaller type!

I'd be interested to hear other opinions on this topic, especially Rynner's.

Sitchin

Thanks for that. All food for thought!

Firefly

pTerryH said:
I'd be interested to hear other opinions on this topic, especially Rynner's.
I pretty much agree with what you've said.

It might be worth adding that many of Velikovsky's critics were merely echoing what others assumed he'd written, not actually having read any of his stuff for themselves! (Rather like those Christians who thought "Life of Brian" was Blasphemous, although they hadn't actually watched it... ;) )

Sitchin and Velikovsky

That's true of alot of things!! That's why I like to actually read / see / taste... stuff for myself so that I can have my own ' Valid opinion' on these things!

Altho, I'm always grateful for tips and advice from others to help me on my way! You two helpfull beings, are obviously at a much more 'advanced stage' in your 'studies' than I am! But hopefully the help can go both ways, as I might just pick up on something that you missed!?? ...Dont hold your brath though!! Ha

Thanks again. Firefly

I can't find a Nibiru/Planet X thread, though I'm fairly certain we have one. Anyway, seems to be a lot of new videos out about Nibiru, sometimes with what seems like real scientific minds confirming its existence.

An actual threat, or just doomsdayers being doomsdayers?

Human_84 said:
I can't find a Nibiru/Planet X thread, though I'm fairly certain we have one. Anyway, seems to be a lot of new videos out about Nibiru, sometimes with what seems like real scientific minds confirming its existence.

An actual threat, or just doomsdayers being doomsdayers?

Eh? Have you any links to these speculations with scientific minds? I know its a late response, but I am only seeing this now. I always like a good bit of Nibiru musing.

There are thousands of astronomers, world-wide, with knowledge of all the latest findings about aspects of orbits, stars, planetary and cometary bodies, etc, etc.

If there was such a thing as 'Nibiru', don't you think they'd be the first to know about it, rather than some anonymous bloggers on iffy websites, who find their information on even more dubious websites? :evil:

Yes, we need hard data, from people prepared to reveal their education and experience, rather than doomsaying nonsense from the fluffy woo-woo wing! :twisted:

rynner2 said:
There are thousands of astronomers, world-wide, with knowledge of all the latest findings about aspects of orbits, stars, planetary and cometary bodies, etc, etc.

If there was such a thing as 'Nibiru', don't you think they'd be the first to know about it, rather than some anonymous bloggers on iffy websites, who find their information on even more dubious websites? :evil:

Yes, we need hard data, from people prepared to reveal their education and experience, rather than doomsaying nonsense from the fluffy woo-woo wing! :twisted:
Not a very Fortean attitude. It doesn't really matter whether Nibiru exists, or not. The appearance and persistence of a modern myth like this one is interesting for a lot of reasons. Many of them Fortean. If you want pure astronomy go to an astronomy website.

I couldn't fine a Planet X - Nibiru thread, either. So I've made a new one and moved it to Ufology, since that's where it belongs.

P_M

Pietro_Mercurios said:
It doesn't really matter whether Nibiru exists, or not.
Strongly disagree.
The appearance and persistence of a modern myth like this one is interesting for a lot of reasons.
Strongly agree.

The existence of modern myths is a fascinating phenomenon - but their existence is even more remarkable when it can be clearly demonstrated that they have no basis in fact. So the verifiable facts of the matter, as well as the details of the myths themselves, are both important.

Back