• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Poltergeist Activity Filmed At A Neighbour's House

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Found this one on Youtube. Involves a couple filming a windows of the neighbour house across the street where lights are blinking, occasionally in blueish colour. Once in a while they think they can see some kind of movement inside the window.

Looks suspiciously like a malfunctioning florescent light to me... Possibly one that's not enjoying being hooked up to a security light controller, dimmer switch or similar
Looks suspiciously like an extremely easily perpetrated hoax to me. I guess I'm a bit cynical.

Looks suspiciously like an extremely easily perpetrated hoax to me. I guess I'm a bit cynical.

Might be. Perhaps the filmer made a deal with the owner of the house opposite them to do something like this and then publish it on Youtube to make money from advertising and split the money between them.

My kitchen light does this, because water from upstairs leaked into the fitting years ago.
I need to replace the fitting.
No poltergeist necessary!

Maybe if they tap the neighbour's phone or hide a camera in their house they'd have a better idea. What a bunch of nosey parkers.

Umm....people : watch it again. In what way does this not look like a scale model? Backlit, in an internal, LED, architectural toy doll's house?

My gut feel is that the panning shots cover anomolous distances, from an intra-converged vantage point.

It feels very Wallace and Gromit (behold, that very 2D front door). Or maybe I shouldn't have taken your meds.....

I've been trying to interprete the name of the road displayed on the left in the beginning of the video.
I think it reads Adebourne Way, which is in Birmingham. Google Earth coordinates: 52°23'34.62"N, 1°56'30.77"W.
The windows we can see looks very much like what can be seen on Street View.

Looks like morse code to me but to rsty to read it.

How about just a dodgy light? One of those old long ones, where the starters gone. Did anyone ever have them upstairs? I remember my grandma had one in her kitchen. You don't see them domestically anymore.

The different coloured lights seems very separate, not mixed with the others, so I am not sure it's TV. It might be Philips Ambilight or AmbiLux. If the TV was showing music videos it is possible for the light to blink pretty hard.

It's probably somebody watching television in the dark, switching channels trying to find something good to watch.

I've been trying to interprete the name of the road displayed on the left in the beginning of the video.
I think it reads Adebourne Way, which is in Birmingham. Google Earth coordinates: 52°23'34.62"N, 1°56'30.77"W.
The windows we can see looks very much like what can be seen on Street View.
I figured it out! It's ROEBOURNE WAY. London. 51.500375, 0.061130 (misspelled "rebourne way" in google maps for some reason)

What could be that thing in the middle of the window? Looks like a dildo...

Back