• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Rare Rediscovered Film To Be Shown

Great news, always good to hear of lost films being found (even if its something I'm unlikely to watch). I remember being shocked when I read how many old films and TV programmes had been destroyed or lost (75% of silent films are believed to be gone for good), its heartening to know there are people out there keeping an eye out for these.

That's a wonderful story, I too much prefer old films and TV programmes (not horror though, mind you) to modern stuff (we watch hardly any modern television in our household) and as Kryptonite said above, it's a shame how much old stuff is lost.

So this is good news. :joyf:

"The Old Dark House" made in 1932 was considered lost. It's been restored and for it's date was pretty creep with a bit of humor.

It was considered lost until 1968. Since then, it has been broadcast and made available on video and DVD. Network-Granada Ventures issued a DVD in 2006 with a Kim Newman commentary. So, while the 4K restoration is welcome, it is not an obscure title. :cooll:

Great stuff! Tell tale heart is a great story, I did struggle to read some of EA Poe's stories, but this is a good one.
Isn't there a new version of this story just come out?
Or a play?
CW.

I put a link in the cryptozoology sub forum about a lost BBC documentary on Bigfoot turning up for sale on Ebay.
Bigfoot... turned up for sale on eBay?

Back