• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Recurring Sensation Of Presence Over Left Shoulder

*collapses in shock*

:lol: No, I've been getting it for a few years now and am in perfect health. It's just some kind of brain-fart.

How, exactly, did you people manage to post in September of this year? :shock:

The dates are in the British format - 9/1/06 instead of the American way of writing 1/9/06. Wait - where are you that you're coming up the tenth already?

I'm in the U.S. Have the dates always been like that? I never noticed before.

I'm still here (albeit with a slightly different name, and no badger avatar) and still getting my left shoulder sensations - no more or less than before. They seem to come in batches somewhat - I can go for weeks with none and then get several in a day. Sometimes they still make me look over my shoulder as they may be so strong and unexpected that I'm convinced that this time there really is someone behind me.

My friend took a picture of me on her phone once when I felt it - it was an amazing photo - a glowing golden light to the left of my head, and a halo effect encircling my entire face. Of course, this was probably due to the light on the wall behind me, but it still looked nice, and at least there was no demonic figure behind me!

Some interesting reading in this topic.
Ive only had the feeling of someone behind me looking at me a few
times in my life, the most memorable time was summer 2005.
I live beside a forest and in the summer i like to walk my dog down on the
playing fields that lead right up to the edge of the forest in the early hours
of the morning say 1-2 am as there isnt a soul about and i can let him off the lead.
This particular night was really bright because of the full moon the forest
borders the playing fields on two sides, i felt fine when i was walking towards it but when i had to make a swing to the right that left the forest
to my LEFT and also behind me i had this feeling that there was someone
right behind me staring at me as in only a few feet away. The feeling was so strong it freaked me out and i spun round a few times checking behind me. I am unsure if there was actualy anyone there because the dog never
even looked in that direction but apparently there are quite a few "weirdos" hang about the forest in the summer

Hey, Lardfan!

Have you read Samuel Taylor Coleridge's

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner?

Like one, that on a lonesome road
Doth walk in fear and dread,
And having once turned round walks on,
And turns no more his head;
Because he knows, a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread.

RainyOcean said:

Rainy,
To change it, go to Profile, Profile Settings, Internationalization.
You'll be able to change it to the US standard (mm/dd/yyyy)
HTH.

I have the sensation of someone looking through my eyes from time to time. I don't actually believe it's malevolent, but I did for a while. I kind of believe it's someone checking up on me to make sure I'm not getting into too much mischief. Have you thought about asking it what it wants? You may be pleasantly surprised...

I wasn't going to tell anyone this, let alone post it on the internet for all to see, as things now start getting really loopy... but anyway, I am feeling reckless...

A few months ago I was involved in a famous ummmm... "lifestyle" course. One night during a seminar we were led through what I can only describe as mass hypnosis. I was sitting there feeling very relaxed as you do in hypnosis (I've had hypnotherapy before so it wasn't a new sensation) but also a small part of my brain thinking "bullshit" and other disapproving thoughts (you can only be hypnotised as much as you want to be) about what was being said to us, and the fact that we were being led through this procedure by the seminar presenter rather than a trained psychologist.

Anyway, let me make very clear I was NOT thinking about my left shoulder presence at all, but suddenly it appeared and grew stronger and stronger until I had a sort of vision in my mind of a young female figure emerging from my shoulder, and giving me a hug!

WTF?!?!?!

Since then my "presence" has returned to normal, intermittently appearing, always unpredictable, I can't summon it, it's always a surprise...

Any thoughts?

I usually go to bed later than my husband (I'm the all-night type). However, since my ancestors were cave-dwellers (joke, yes), I can easily make my way up the stairs and into the bedroom in the dark.

However, I always get the feeling that bright lights are on behind me as I enter the bedroom. I know that's not true: all the house lights are out. But, I have to look around nearly every time.

:?:

MinorDude said:
RainyOcean said:

Rainy,
To change it, go to Profile, Profile Settings, Internationalization.
You'll be able to change it to the US standard (mm/dd/yyyy)
HTH.

Thanks!

Back