• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sandi Toksvig Haunted?

A

Anonymous

Listen to the clip from Sanid Toksvig's Radio 4 show Excess Baggage' for 28th February. It was from Leap Castle and the show has some interesting opinions re. Folklore, Stone Circles etc...

Excess Baggage

Call me cynical but I'd first point the finger of blame at a mischeivous sound engineer rather than the spirit world.

foxybox said:
Call me cynical but I'd first point the finger of blame at a mischeivous sound engineer rather than the spirit world.

Call me compliant, but I would agree wholeheartedly with you there FoxyBox.

Call me perverted but I find Sandi entertaining, funny and strangely appealling ....

At the end of todays edition of the Radio 4 programme "Excess Baggage" Sandi Toksvig said that the BBC received several calls claiming to have heard a ghostly voice during a broadcast from Leap Castle in Ireland::eek!!!!:

Sandi Toksvig and her guests broadcast live from Leap Castle in Ireland believed by many to be the most haunted building in Europe. In fact, during the broadcast did a ghostly something make its presence felt? Listen and judge for yourself...

Excess Baggage from Leap Castle

I thought it was Sandi talking under her breath - but she claims it wasn't. The words sound like "I died".

Heard it just now, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, that dos'nt happen often.

It won't play for me. :(

How do you get to be a professor of folklore? I quite fancy that.

I posted a message about this earlier today in the Special Interests - Ghosts section. I haven't had any replies - obviously I needed to have the sexy words "Sandi Toksvig" to get attention!:blah:

I heard the broadcast last week and I thought it sounded like Sand talking under her breath. The mystery voice was picked up by listners rather than the BBC. Apparently they ha a lot of equipment failures that day.

Stormkhan said:
Call me perverted but I find Sandi entertaining, funny and strangely appealling ....
I had a real crush on her, in her, 'N° 73', Kid's TV days.

:)

Helen said:
It won't play for me. :(

How do you get to be a professor of folklore? I quite fancy that.

I think it's a discipline of English or Anthropology, or both! Sounds excellent.

I find her uncannily Clive Andersonesque. Or perhaps that should be vice versa.

They seem to share the same mannerisms and inflections. Same syncopated (or maybe I mean staccato) rhythm too.

Same catch phrase too. Which is "er".

Aaaarrrrgh - it all fits now. I knew there was something uncanny about Toksvig!

:wow:

"er" alb; looks oddly like Chairman Mao to me!!!!!!!!!!!

The broadcast is half an hour long, can someone tell me roughly where the so called ghost voice is?

To me, it sounded as if the voice said, 'I know it'.

Carole

AndroMan said:
I had a real crush on her, in her, 'N° 73', Kid's TV days.

:)

Damn sight more attractive than the leggy blond who always wore a pair of bloody rollerskates.

Then again, no contest when compared to Sally James!

Hubba! Hubba!

Stormkhan said:
Then again, no contest when compared to Sally James!

Hubba! Hubba!
Quite true.

I'll never forget the time, on 'TISWAS', at 11:30 am on kid's TV, when Sally asked Northern Soul boy, manqué, Kevin Rowlands, why they'd called the band, 'Dexy's Midnight Runners'.

"You know what, "dexy's"* are don't you?" Pauses to wait for dawning realisation on Sally's face.

Slowly, as the horror sinks in, "Ye-es... "

"Well, that's why We're called, Dexy's Midnight Runners!"

Collapse of saucy little fun bundle! :D

* Dexy: Short for 'Dexadrine', an abused amphetamine, or 'speed'.

Re: Dexy's Midnight Runners, I wonder if it had been known that they named themselves after a drug, their stuff would have got played on the BBC.

Pete Younger said:
The broadcast is half an hour long, can someone tell me roughly where the so called ghost voice is?

There is a short extract on the Leap castle page with the relevant bit (see link above).

Pete Younger said:
Re: Dexy's Midnight Runners, I wonder if it had been known that they named themselves after a drug, their stuff would have got played on the BBC.

I seem to remeber Sonic Youth explaining to the presenters of Blue Peter that the "Duchy" (? - I have never needed to spell it until now) was a "cooking pot" :hmm: - I think you just need to delete the word "cooking".

;)

Austen said:
I seem to remeber Sonic Youth explaining to the presenters of Blue Peter that the "Duchy" (? - I have never needed to spell it until now) was a "cooking pot" :hmm: - I think you just need to delete the word "cooking".

;)
Er...(to quote Sandi) I think you mean Musical Youth, although the idea of Sonic Youth on Blue Peter has a twisted appeal. :p

Musical Youth? Sonic Youth? :confused:

It was a long time ago....

That's not very convincing at all (the ghost thing or the Musical Youth explanation of duchy!)

Back