• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Scarred For Life At Sheffield University 12/11/23

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
You've (possibly) read the books, now attend the event!

Fortean Times's own Bob Fischer features.

F9xpnd6WkAATSG1.jpeg.jpg

In the beginning there was no time, no gods and no people but where the sea met the land a white mare made of sea-foam was born called From terrifying films like The Wicker Man and Witchfinder General to the gentle eeriness of The Owl Service and Worzel Gummidge, “Folk Horror” has become a thrilling genre in its own right. In this brand new live show, Stephen Brotherstone – co-author of the acclaimed Scarred For Life books – joins writer and broadcaster Bob Fischer to explore ancient magic, eerie stone circles and ask… what does actually lie beneath?

Tickets selling fast here:
https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/what...-studio/scarred-for-life-folk-horror/e-bdvopq

Ah, not Scarred for life at Sheffield university, but Scarred for life - at Sheffield university.

I thought, upon the first reading, that it would have explained a lot about Mytho............
I read it exactly the same. I thought 'two of my kids went to Sheffield university, I don't think it was THAT bad'.

Ah, not Scarred for life at Sheffield university, but Scarred for life - at Sheffield university.

I thought, upon the first reading, that it would have explained a lot about Mytho............
Back then, Sheffield was not too bad. The buses were really cheap and the students' union bar was a great place to be.

Back then, Sheffield was not too bad. The buses were really cheap and the students' union bar was a great place to be.
I had relatives in Sheffield and always enjoyed going there. Except for the roads which were awful, the worst I'd ever experienced, even before poorly maintained roads became a Thing.

Back then, Sheffield was not too bad
Was "The Sheffield Space Centre" on the go, during that era? I loved it (only managed a couple or three visits in the late 1980s)
FB_IMG_1705744643782.jpg

It was/is of course really a Yorkshire version of the Forbidden Planet bookstore concept (rather than an actual launch & landing pad for interplanetary craft: I think).

I word my thread titles carefully, you know
Now this I could imagine: "Nearly scarred for life at Sheffield Hallum University" (headline in Metro newspaper)

Whereas this is what I partisanly-interpreted the thread-title to mean:
" 'Scarred For Life'- at Sheffield University (call for papers, conference dates to follow)"

Was "The Sheffield Space Centre" on the go, during that era? I loved it (only managed a couple or three visits in the late 1980s)
View attachment 73072
It was/is of course really a Yorkshire version of the Forbidden Planet bookstore concept (rather than an actual launch & landing pad for interplanetary craft: I think).

Unintentional Goatse!

Unintentional Goatse!
Ouch- I had to look that one up! (as opposed to looking up that one)... that's quite enough of the Internet for me today (and yet the temple acolytes only just chimed the bells for ten of the clock)

I had relatives in Sheffield and always enjoyed going there. Except for the roads which were awful, the worst I'd ever experienced, even before poorly maintained roads became a Thing.
I used to always get lost there- and I grew up not too far away from the place...........

View attachment 73072

Now this I could imagine: "Nearly scarred for life at Sheffield Hallum University" (headline in Metro newspaper)

Whereas this is what I partisanly-interpreted the thread-title to mean:
" 'Scarred For Life'- at Sheffield University (call for papers, conference dates to follow)"
Yes - I went to the Space Centre a few times. It was a bit of a trek across town. There were a couple of other interesting shops there too,

I used to love Sheffield....lots of mates there and you could literally frequent a rock /metal club 7 days a week if you wanted at one time in the late 80s /90s . Rebels being the best. Great pubs , the greatest late night takeaway place ON EARTH , Popeye's .... Those bloody hills though to get to Crookes from the station.

Back