• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Serial Killer Films & TV

In reference to Korean movies.

One of the finest films I've watched in ages totally ambushed me because I came to it without any prior knowledge, aside from the fact that I knew it had received some good reviews. It also makes it impossible to recommend by name without negating those particular circumstances.

So, it's on you. (Oh, but we do love a paradox):

At first, I thought I was simply watching an albeit slightly sinister and unnerving story based around the dynamics of a love triangle in the context of social inequality in South Korea, and the slow reveal afforded by my ignorance, combined with the movies masterful subtlety, made the experience all the more effective.
I see it has Stephen Yeun in it. Another movie I'll have to watch.

I see it has Stephen Yeun in it. Another movie I'll have to watch.

Bearing in mind that I know nothing much about Korean movies or actors.

He's good - got the whole sinister thing down pat, but in a pretty subtle way I thought.

However, I thought Yoo Ah-in was stand out as the slightly bemused working class lad trying to negotiate decidedly unfamiliar territory. If anything I think his part would have been the more difficult to carry off - and he did it really well.

And I thought Jeon Jong-seo's performance was also pretty awesome; a remarkable first movie role.

Bearing in mind that I know nothing much about Korean movies or actors.

He's good - got the whole sinister thing down pat, but in a pretty subtle way I thought.

However, I thought Yoo Ah-in was stand out as the slightly bemused working class lad trying to negotiate decidedly unfamiliar territory. If anything I think his part would have been the more difficult to carry off - and he did it really well.

And I thought Jeon Jong-seo's performance was also pretty awesome; a remarkable first movie role.
I have been watching a lot of Korean scifi/horror on Netflix and have trouble recognizing the Korean actors' names. Hopefully I will become more familiar with them.

I, of course, recognize Steven Yeun from The Walking Dead, which I watched until about its 5th season.

Back