• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Seriously Bad Taste Merchandise

My favourite back-page offer ever! Was it ever turned into a real thing* and did anyone get one?

I want it! :evillaugh:

*Vague, possibly false, memories that Viz may have gone and done it! Off to look . . .

Viz (allegedly) produced a commemorative plate and a tea towel using the Christ/cats artwork. l’d love to buy a plate for a mate of mine who is a rabid atheist and shares my opinion re cats.

:evillaugh:

maximus otter

It's a model railway accessory. They also do a miniature Sasquatch and a defaecating dog, among many less eye-catching but equally detailed items.

That's a great website. :)
They also do a housefly, https://www.miniprints.com/?s=fly
Probably a good job they are in the US and I'm in GB or I could have spent a lot of money. :)

There's also Banjo Joe! Perfect for hillbillies/members of this forum!
IMG_8515-scaled.jpg

A different company's models but here are some "Deranged killer monster snow goons" (as in Calvin and Hobbs) which I based and painted somes years ago.

View attachment 69216View attachment 69218
Loving those snow goons! Wasn't Calvin & Hobbes brilliant? Some of the artwork - especially Calvin's little fantasies - was amazing. I am currently re-visiting my C&H books. Such clever stuff.

There was, it seems, a real Limited Edition of the Dangleberry Mint's Life of Christ in Cats plate.

That wretched worthpoint site is not disclosing what one went for at auction. The tea-towel is cheaper and easier to find, I gather.

Darn it! I may have to make do with a Klondike Kitten, guaranteed to shit out its own weight in gold, every day! Some more fun Viz tat on that Guardian page!

Googling Christ, Cats brings up a gallery of glorious kitsch, not all of it, I wager, satirically-intended!

The works of C. L. Francisco, PhD. appear to be intended seriously. Remarkably, so are most of the Comments, so far!

I am, of course, a fan of [url=https://www.amazon.com/Cat-Born-Purple-Sequel-Yeshuas/dp/1537605569]Cat Born to the Purple![/url] :bdown:

Plate-collecting is a serious business. Techy worked for a company that makes them and would occasionally obtain plates (and other decorative ceramics) test designs that hadn't made the cut.

They would have the picture on the front of, say, a wild bird in a charming pose for the Feathered Friends Collection, and the maker's usual backstamp, but would have been left out of the finished set. At the time they'd be dumped in the factory shop.

I pointed out to Techy that devoted collectors would pay folding money for such an anomaly. He put a couple on eBay and they funded a cutting-edge computer for Escet's Oxford physics degree. :cool:

Back at t'pottery, questions were asked at board level. :chuckle:

Back