• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
This must trump most other 'sims'!

Human-shaped fleece flower root found in China
By admin on January 26th, 2008

Sceptics might suspect that the hand of Man has been at work.But according to its owner, this remarkably-shaped root is entirely the product of Mother Nature.
The root, attached to a Chinese fleeceflower plant, shows a naked man and woman in all their glory with even the most intimate details in all the right places.

It appears just as it was when the plant was pulled from the ground, according to the man who spotted it on a vegetable stall in a town in China’s eastern Shandong province.

The man, named Fan, was so taken with his find he is said to have paid 600 yuan, more than £40, to buy it.

Curious visitors now travel from miles around to see the foot-long veggie couple on display at his home.

The fleeceflower is a favourite dietary supplement in Asia where its boiled extract is believed to reduce cholesterol and fight heart disease.

The root is also sold as a diet food to help reduce obesity.

From Daily Mail ( Via Sharing News )

http://www.thaineta.com/2008/01/26/huma ... -in-china/

That's almost too good to be true, it looks carved. A little Adam and Eve!

gncxx said:
That's almost too good to be true, it looks carved. A little Adam and Eve!

Yes. But if it is faked, it's very well done.

I find it a little spooky that the faces look embryonic, although the bodies are mature....

Acid House smiley face found on Mars
By Tom Chivers
Last Updated: 11:01am GMT 04/02/2008

Astronomers have been having a funny time of it lately. We have had reports of Bigfoot (or possibly a Danish mermaid) on Mars, and a "spider" on the fiery planet of Mercury. You would be forgiven, therefore, for thinking the universe is laughing at us.

And it turns out you'd be right. The Sun newspaper reports that a satellite orbiting Mars has now spotted what looks suspiciously like a big smiley face drawn crudely onto the surface of the red planet.

Disconcertingly reminiscent of the "acid house" faces worn by late-eighties ravers, the vast visage stares out from a crater, beaming a wonky-faced message of goodwill out in to the solar system.

According to Mars experts, the image is not, in fact, a colossal and somewhat childish piece of interplanetary graffiti, but rather a chance geological formation caused by wind erosion and meteorite impact craters.

Ten days ago Mars-watchers were baffled by what appeared to be the figure of Bigfoot, who had wandered some distance from his more usual roaming grounds in the American Rockies. However, there was also some debate among astronomers as to whether it was in fact the famous Little Mermaid of Copenhagen.

Meanwhile Mercury was discovered to have a large geological anomaly of its own, in the form of a giant "spider" formation, believed to be unique in the solar system.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.j ... tviewedbox

Oh Mr Telegraph have you been eating the things that made the smiley face smile?

That's rubbish.

No offence Ryn!

CarlosTheDJ said:
Oh Mr Telegraph have you been eating the things that made the smiley face smile?

That's rubbish.
Yes, I agree, The Sun is rubbish... 8)

BVM in ice, complete with halo and baby Jesus (my pic).

ice1.jpg

Put it on one of the religious forums, and make your garden a shrine...

Great pictures... :)

You could put them in for FT's simulacra feature too.

Jesus Christ found in an American tree trunk?
Last Updated: 2:41am GMT 27/02/2008

An American furniture maker claims to have discovered a likeness of Jesus Christ inside a tree trunk.

Craig O'Connor from Pennsylvania uncovered the "holy" sap stain in a pine tree he had cut down for a friend.

"People have said that it is art made by God and I have to agree with them," the Roman Catholic churchgoer said. Growth rings around the figure's head create a halo-like effect, he adds.

He initially offered it for sale on the eBay auction website, where it attracted a top bid of $500, but he has now decided to keep the log and make it the centre piece of a new item of furniture he is building.

But those less spiritual than Mr O'Connor may challenge his view that the stain resembles Jesus ascending to heaven.

Below we have selected seven possible likenesses so readers can make up their own minds. Feel free to add other suggestions in the comment box at the bottom:

1) Jesus Christ

2) Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings

3) The Pope in flames

4) July 21 bomber Yassin Omar wearing a burqa

5) A nun

6) A skateboarder

7) An Afghan woman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... sus126.xml

Pics on page.

Face of Jesus appears on cider bottle to amazement of pub drinkers
By PAUL SIMS
Last updated at 20:25pm on 1st May 2008

As miracles go, it is hardly in the same league as turning water into wine.

But Michael Cartwright was still pretty impressed when Jesus appeared in the foil wrapping of his cider bottle down at the pub.

"When I saw it I got goose pimples," 35-year-old Mr Cartwright said yesterday. "I have no doubt it is the face of Jesus. You can even see his beard and hair."

Mr Cartwright, a taxi driver from Darlington, noticed the extraordinary image while drinking with a group of friends at his local, the Tanners Hall.

"As the barmaid removed the cap to the cider I suddenly realised what was staring back at me," he added.

One of Mr Cartwright's friends took a photograph. It was only the following morning that he realised how clear the image was. But by then it was too late to retrieve the bottle.

"It ended up getting collected by a barmaid when no one was paying attention and thrown away," said Mr Cartwright.

"I'm not sure what message Jesus was sending and maybe now we'll never know."

Had they only held on to the bottle it could have been worth considerably more than the £2.49 it cost over the bar.

Four years ago on eBay, American Diana Duyser sold a piece of ten-year-old toasted cheese sandwich - which appeared to feature the face of the Virgin Mary - for £15,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

Note the reporter's name! ;)

Why is it that whenever you get a simulacra face mentioned in the news it always has to belong to Jesus?

'Jesus' Image Appears In Tree At Nights, Then Vanishes
May 30, 2008

"ORLANDO, Fla. -- An apparent image of Jesus that appears and then vanishes in the bark of a tree has grabbed the attention of a Central Florida neighborhood.

The mysterious image in the trunk of a tree only appears after dark at Joe Lewis' home located on Saragoza Court in the Dr. Phillips area.

"I'm not really hardcore religious," Lewis said. "I thought it was something cool. I didn't think it was something to go crazy over or anything like that."

Lewis said the image appears every night and then vanishes.

"The face forms where the knot is," Lewis said. "Then, when you come down, there is texture. There are waves in the tree and that forms the knees and the feet. Then when the sun goes down, the street light that is right above the tree casts shadows across it and forms something that looks like Jesus."

The tree can be seen from the street in Lewis' neighborhood."

Article, Images & Video:
http://www.local6.com/news/16433263/detail.html

Bark from Skokie holds religious message, some Muslims say
June 5, 2008

"Something about the sound of the tree bark hitting the ground caught Assad Busool's attention, compelling the Islamic scholar to pluck the wood fragment from the pavement in front of his Skokie home.

What he found written on it has caused a minor stir among some members of his Muslim community, who view the engraving as a divine reminder of the existence of God. The word "Muhammad"—or rather the Arabic for the Islamic prophet's name—had been carved into the bark by insects.

"I was astonished," said Busool, 69. "I said, 'What is the meaning of this?' I have a holy tree in my yard.""

Full Article with Pictures:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 7309.story

Dallas Residents See Jesus In Granite Slab
Jun 26, 2008

"Workers at a marble company in Dallas say they have a slab of natural granite that has the image of Jesus in it.

Verona Marble Company Inc. takes pictures of every slab of stone in their inventory and posts them on their website. Wednesday, the owners say a customer in West Texas spotted the image among dozens of pictures and called to tell them about it.

Those who look at the 6x10 foot slab say they can see the head and arms of Jesus, along with either a belt, sword or glowing book.

The company has pulled the slab from its inventory and put it on display.

Verona Marble has had the granite slab, which came from a quarry in Brazil, since December. Company owners say the image is unique, especially since hunks of granite are sliced into slabs, like pieces of bread, and no other slabs from that particular piece of granite have the image.

Granite is typically used for kitchen countertops, tubs surrounds, bathroom vanities, etc.

The slab weighs between 900 and 1,000 pounds and is worth about $1500 wholesale.

The company owners say they feel blessed to have the piece and hope to sell it and donate the proceeds to a struggling church in Madill, Oklahoma."

Article, pics and links to other Jesus stories:
http://cbs11tv.com/religion/Jesus.in.gr ... 58015.html

Man Believes Virgin Of Guadalupe Found On Rock
Jul 7, 2008

" STOCKTON (CBS13) ― A local man says he found a rock with an image of the Virgin of Guadalupe, and has turned down an offer to sell it for tens of thousands of dollars.

Meet Jaime Garcia, a man who says he was addicted to alcohol and smoking for the last 20 years.

"I lost my house and I started drinking more and more," he said. "I almost lost my family, too."

One day, Garcia stumbled on a stone while working at a construction site in Patterson, a find that he says changed his life.

"That's Juan Diego right there," Garcia said. He believes that the rock contains an image of the Virgin of Guadalupe with Juan Diego looking up at her.

Diego, an indigenous Mexican who lived in the 1500's, is believed by many to have the Virgin Mary appear before him, leaving a now-famous image on his woven cloak.

Garcia says the minute he found the rock, he immediately quit drinking and smoking, and now the bond between his wife and kids is stronger than ever.

"People used to think I'm crazy," Garcia said. "Now, they're thinking different."

He says one man offered to pay him $80,000 for the stone, but he refused, saying it's priceless."

Article:
http://cbs13.com/local/virgin.guadalupe ... 65826.html

Groundskeeper finds face on cemetery log
July 9, 2008

"MARYVILLE, Tenn. -- A sawed-off tree limb at a Maryville cemetery turned out to have a mysterious image.

The short log has a cut end bearing an uncanny resemblance to a human face.

Ernest Ward, a groundskeeper at Magnolia Cemetery, said it was found Monday as he and co-workers cleaned up debris from a weekend storm.

He said a former worker at the cemetery believes the face is a spirit.

"Who he is, I don't know," Ward said."

Article with pic:
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... 1/80709002

According to this story
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2281486/Queen-like-image-revealed-in-felled-tree-branch.html
the image is that of the Queen (or Dame Maggie Smith)!

There is a certain resemblance, although what either one is doing in a Tennessee graveyard is a mystery! :D

Image of Jesus Found in Spumoni Ice Cream
11 Jul 2008

"SALT LAKE CITY -- Some patrons of a Salt Lake City chocolatier say they found an image of Jesus Christ in a 3-gallon bucket of spumoni ice cream.

For some, Jesus' image is clearly visible right away. Others are unable to see him at all.

The owners of Hatch Family Chocolates joked eating the ice cream was more "sacri-licious" than sacrilegious.

"Today it was so warm with the weather spimoni Jesus melted. So, spimoni Jesus is no more. And I kind of think it'd be kind of cool if in three days spumoni Jesus comes back," said co-owner Steve Hatch."

Article with picture:
http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/Ne ... geId=3.2.1

Looks more like a bigfoot pawprint to me!

'Allah meat' astounds Nigerians
22 July 2008

"Diners have been flocking to a restaurant in northern Nigeria to see pieces of meat which the owner says are inscribed with the name of Allah.

What looks like the Arabic word for God and the name of the prophet Muhammad were discovered in pieces of beef by a diner in Birnin Kebbi.

He was about to eat it, when he suddenly noticed the words in the gristle, the restaurant owner said.

A search of the kitchen's meat revealed three more pieces which bore the names.

The meat was boiled and then fried before being served, owner Kabiru Haliru told newspaper Weekly Trust.

"When the writings were discovered there were some Islamic scholars who come and eat here and they all commented that it was a sign to show that Islam is the only true religion for mankind," he said.

The restaurant has kept the pieces of meat for visitors to see.

Thousands of people have already gone to the restaurant to see them since they were discovered last week.

A vet told the newspaper the words "defied scientific explanation".

"Supposing only one piece of meat was found then it would be suspicious, but given the circumstances there is no explanation," Dr Yakubu Dominic said. "

Article & pic:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7520149.stm

the funny thing is i can see christ on the cross right in the middle. can anybody spot any other gods?

Back